Port site hard

I was banded 6/25/07 by Dr. Ortiz. Recently I noticed my port was hard, it feels like a rock under my skin. I have no pain associated with my port. I am about 15 pounds from my goal weight. I have not had a fill since 2012. This seems to have happened in the past 2 months. Anyone else have a similar issue? 

#1, I'd call the OCC for Dr. O's take on this. My best guess is that it's scar tissue encasing the port. I can say you've had the band a long time. A lot of us that were banded back then have some sort of issue and have elected to go with revision surgery. If you haven't had a thorough band exam, it could be a good time to schedule that.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have had mine for 10 years and recently been told it may be time to take out. I was never under the impression after paying cash for this it would have to be removed. I am not sure what to do at this point, the doctor I see here in CA has been vague in the amount in the band after recently having to do it under Fluro because he couldn't access it. The thought of having to go back to Mexico for this is crazy. I had an upper GI band did not flip, but DR says feels gummy. Not sure hope someone can answer this, thanks.