Got BURPS????

Ok....someone please tell me why I cannot stop burping!!!!!

It started around Thanksgiving which was about 4 months after my surgery, 2 1/2 months since my first fill. It was occassional, and not bad until my second fill in TJ. Most of you know I got an emergency unfill after that. I still burped after the unfill, but less.

My next fill was FEB 6th and the burps are back and bigger than ever!

I don't drink soda/carbonated beverages.

I take liquid vitamins every morning. (2 TBS)

I drink Superfood from Odwalla every morning. (8 oz)

I drink a grande nonfat latte every morning.

I drink tons of water.

UGH!

Any suggestions on how to stop this now "embarrassing" noise?????

I burp 24/7

I'm drinking water.....burp

I'm walking to my car...buurp

I'm laying in bed to fall asleep...buuuuuuuuuuurp

Weirdness.

Empty or full, I burp.

Geeze I WISH. I can't burp to save my lift right now. My tummy gets full like a Tympany drum. And then the GROWLING really starts... my dog barks at me when that starts.... #-o

Well the burps have gotten worse sooooooooooooooooooooo.....I went today for another unfill. I didn't have it all the way unfilled, but I think I now have only .4cc

They wanted to know if I wanted all of it out but I said "NO! I want something in there for my money!" :lol:

After discussion about my burping and my digestive disturbances, the doctor asked me if I had traveled out of the country anytime recently.

"Well yes", I replied. "I was in TJ for my fill on Jan 19"

"Did you eat anything while you were there?" asked the doctor.

"Why yes", I replied. "I had a smoothie at Costco when we left the clinic".

The doctor then tell me that maybe I picked up a bug :-? from the smoothie and I need to go get that checked at the doctor. I need an "O & P" which means.....stool sample! UGH!

I feel really gross right now. :angry: Bugs? What the heck? Well I won't know until tomorrow. So the saga continues :blink:

But the good news is that the burping has gone down tremendously! I don't just burp automatically. I have to force it to make it happen and the good news about that is that I don't feel like I need to. YEAH! =D>

I am now, once again, with little to no fill.

Hide the chocolates!

~M

I have the belching whenever I try to eat or drink anything, and sometimes without food or drink. Here is my theory: the stoma now has a very small opening made by the band. When we swallow food or beverages, they are obstructing the small opening. Since air goes down the esophogeous with food and drink, I believe it gets trapped under the band.

The body's normal reaction to having air in the caught in the upper digestive tract is to purge it. I have also noticed every belch helps my stomach contents pass through the band as well. And, being a gentleman, I would rather air come up than go the other direction.

I have the belching whenever I try to eat or drink anything, and sometimes without food or drink. Here is my theory: the stoma now has a very small opening made by the band. When we swallow food or beverages, they are obstructing the small opening. Since air goes down the esophogeous with food and drink, I believe it gets trapped under the band.

The body's normal reaction to having air in the caught in the upper digestive tract is to purge it. I have also noticed every belch helps my stomach contents pass through the band as well. And, being a gentleman, I would rather air come up than go the other direction.

I look at mine like a sink drain that you are taking the stopper on and off. I can feel the food and liquids move beyond the band and if I drink too fast I get to burping more

• 2 years later...

HELLO EVERYONE SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BELCHING

HERE IS MY PROBLEM WITH BELCHING HAD MY BAND IN OCTOBER OF 2007 STARTED BELCHING THE END OF DECEMBER HAD THE FLUID TAKEN OUT IN FEBRUARY 2009

SAW DR ORTIZ HE GAVE ME SOME PILLS IT DID STOP FOR 3 DAYS HE ALSO SENT ME TO ANOTHER DR FOR TEST

I HAVE HAD FLUOROSCOPY,ENDOSOPY,UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL,GASTRIC NUCLEAR EMPTYING STUDY AND DIFFERENT PILLS TO TAKE WELL ITS MARCH 2009 AND I STILL BELCH. I DON'T BELCH WHEN I EAT,TALK OR LAY DOWN. I JUST WANT TO STOP. WELL I GUESS FOR ME IT TOO LATE THE LAB BAND DOCTORS SAY IT ISN'T THE BAND THE MEDICAL DOCTORS SAY IT'S THE BAND SO I TRYING TO MAKE A DECISION ON REMOVING THE BAND AND HOPE IT FIXES THE PROBLEM IF ANYONE KNOWS OF SOMETHING FOR ME TO TRY PLEASE HELP ME. I SURE DON'T WANT TO REMOVE MY BAND

THANKS FOR LISTING

• 1 year later...

HELLO EVERYONE SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR BELCHING

HERE IS MY PROBLEM WITH BELCHING HAD MY BAND IN OCTOBER OF 2007 STARTED BELCHING THE END OF DECEMBER HAD THE FLUID TAKEN OUT IN FEBRUARY 2009

SAW DR ORTIZ HE GAVE ME SOME PILLS IT DID STOP FOR 3 DAYS HE ALSO SENT ME TO ANOTHER DR FOR TEST

I HAVE HAD FLUOROSCOPY,ENDOSOPY,UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL,GASTRIC NUCLEAR EMPTYING STUDY AND DIFFERENT PILLS TO TAKE WELL ITS MARCH 2009 AND I STILL BELCH. I DON'T BELCH WHEN I EAT,TALK OR LAY DOWN. I JUST WANT TO STOP. WELL I GUESS FOR ME IT TOO LATE THE LAB BAND DOCTORS SAY IT ISN'T THE BAND THE MEDICAL DOCTORS SAY IT'S THE BAND SO I TRYING TO MAKE A DECISION ON REMOVING THE BAND AND HOPE IT FIXES THE PROBLEM IF ANYONE KNOWS OF SOMETHING FOR ME TO TRY PLEASE HELP ME. I SURE DON'T WANT TO REMOVE MY BAND

THANKS FOR LISTING

Judy,

Seriously, is it that bad? I have been burping from day one post-op and although it is embarassing I wouldnt call it troublesome. Is there anything medically wrong with burping too much? I was under the impression that medically speaking it is no big deal. Can someone chime in?

I burp A LOT now.

To the point where my sister says it's annoying .. and gross.

I thought I hid it well, but i guess not. :unsure:

My boyfriend is completely used to it, but I do know I burp a lot, or I'd have so much air in my stomach, it would be painful.

I do the 'force' burp to empty myself ... and i think it's one of those side effects that's extremely common.

I do the 'force' burp to empty myself ... and i think it's one of those side effects that's extremely common.

I do this too, and I always wonder if I shouldn't? The reason I say this is because about 2 times, I ended up bringing up liquid rather than just air... sometimes it is right after I eat, so I figure I need to just calm down on the force burping a little. Right after I eat I usually get the feeling like I need to get the air out, so that is why I get in these situations, I believe... I am just hoping it isn't hurting my band when that happens.

Greetings,

I too am recently banded....two weeks ago..what I have noticed is if I don't sip (something I am learning to do) my liquids carefully I will burp..like most everyone else I feel better after I do that. What is strange is I always though I knew how to sip beverages but I guess not, so I am learning a new way to sip..which has helped with the burping. Good luck..