Fill Centers USA

Hello All,

Just wondering if any of you have used this website to find a fill doctor in your area and what your experience was like. I see that they will have a doctor coming to Duluth, Ga starting in April (one Saturday a month). I an concerned because we don't know how much experience these doctors may have. How do we check them out?

http://www.fillcentersusa.com/locator/index.php

Thanks,

GiBaby71

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I had a fill through Fill Centers USA with a Dr in Thornton, Co and I can tell you that it was not a good experience. I paid $300 to "Fill Center" and another $200 for Fluoroscopy and should have paid another $75 for the fill but got the DR to waive that since I was so unhappy.

He didn't seem to have much experience. He first tried to access my port without fluoro...and tried 3 times. He pricked me 3 times and numbed the area but couldn't access my port. So I rescheduled with him at the fluoroscopy center. I arrived, and we went into the room, he started fumbling around and I could tell that he didn't know how to use the x-ray machine, then a moment later, the x-ray technician arrived....thankfully, he know how to operate it. He was then able to access the port.....he kept saying that my band was empty but I dont know how he determined that. He asked me what my last fill level was and I told him a little less than 1cc......I don't believe he ever removed the fluid to verify that. He then had me drink the barium, and we looked at it on the xray.....he kept saying, "you have plenty of restrictiion, if I add 1.2cc, you will be totally obstructed", and then he said that he would only give me 1cc which he did....I then went home and felt no more restriction than before and now I have even less than before.......so now I have scheduled a fill in TJ for April 17th to get this done right.

On a good note....the people at fill centers were very knowledgeable and very helpful but I don't believe that this particular Dr had much experience.

Hello

I had a fill through Fill Centers USA with a Dr in Thornton, Co and I can tell you that it was not a good experience. I paid $300 to "Fill Center" and another $200 for Fluoroscopy and should have paid another $75 for the fill but got the DR to waive that since I was so unhappy.

He didn't seem to have much experience. He first tried to access my port without fluoro...and tried 3 times. He pricked me 3 times and numbed the area but couldn't access my port. So I rescheduled with him at the fluoroscopy center. I arrived, and we went into the room, he started fumbling around and I could tell that he didn't know how to use the x-ray machine, then a moment later, the x-ray technician arrived....thankfully, he know how to operate it. He was then able to access the port.....he kept saying that my band was empty but I dont know how he determined that. He asked me what my last fill level was and I told him a little less than 1cc......I don't believe he ever removed the fluid to verify that. He then had me drink the barium, and we looked at it on the xray.....he kept saying, "you have plenty of restrictiion, if I add 1.2cc, you will be totally obstructed", and then he said that he would only give me 1cc which he did....I then went home and felt no more restriction than before and now I have even less than before.......so now I have scheduled a fill in TJ for April 17th to get this done right.

On a good note....the people at fill centers were very knowledgeable and very helpful but I don't believe that this particular Dr had much experience.

Roxane,

Furellie and myself are going for our fill on the 16th, any way you could get your date changed and join us? would love the company and we are sharing the ride in and staying over nite. If not, good luck and I hope you have a better experience this time.

Roxane,

Furellie and myself are going for our fill on the 16th, any way you could get your date changed and join us? would love the company and we are sharing the ride in and staying over nite. If not, good luck and I hope you have a better experience this time.

Hi Katie B

Would have loved to ride in with both but couln't find a flight on the 16th.....so booked it for the 17th and will be taking the bus, trolley and taxi to Dr Ortiz's office.

I'm not going to totally give up on "Fill Centers USA". If another Dr becomes available in Colorado, I might try him/ her and next time, ask more questions.

Take Care

Hello All,

Just wondering if any of you have used this website to find a fill doctor in your area and what your experience was like. I see that they will have a doctor coming to Duluth, Ga starting in April (one Saturday a month). I an concerned because we don't know how much experience these doctors may have. How do we check them out?

Thanks,

GiBaby71

Hello Gibaby 71

I signed up with fill centers and saw a Dr in Colorado....like you, I had been waiting for a Dr to become available in Colorado so I wouldn't have to keep traveling to TJ. One became available, I scheduled the appt thru FillCenters and elected to have him do the fill without FLuoroscopy. .....I didn't ask the person at "fill centers" how much experience he had. But I would suggest that if you do decide to have it done in GA, ask the following questions,

1. many times has he done fills? How did he get his training? Who trained him/her?

2. Will you extract the saline from the band to see what is actually in the band.

It may be worth a try......but it is costly. Total amt came to $575

Take Care

Hello All,

Thanks,

GiBaby71

I'm near Duluth and IIRC, the only other Fill Centers USA was in Moultrie. Right now I'm content w/ going to TJ, but I would be interesting in your experiences with this Dr.

Hello All,

Thanks,

GiBaby71

Gibaby71

I live in Douglasville,GA and I'm dealing with the same thing about my 1ST fillI in Duluth I spoke with the lady at the Duluth Fill Center and she mention to me that Darlene Zebley is a A High Register Nurse and that she is the same Nurse taking care of all patients of Dr. Ortiz at the Moutrie, GA Fill Center that she's very competitive and has a high level of experience.

I really do not know if is worth it to go to Tj -OCC for the first fill my 1st filled is due in two weeks

you can contact me at (786) 252-9314

Thanks

Rosy

No question about it .. its not about money its about letting the surgicl team make sure everything is in order.. and if not, they are ther it fix it

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

I don't know how far Chattanooga is for you....but I found a local hospital that is take Mexico Patients

Memorial Hospital's

Weight Managment Center

423-495-2244

1-866-313-2244

http://www.memorial.org/body.cfm?id=275

Pamela,

Chattanooga

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to have an unfill. Fill Center sent me to an Advanced Nurse Prcatitioner in St Petersburg Florida.

As for my experiance this afternoon, I would have to say I highly reccomend her. She has Fluoro and knows how to use it. I felt like I was in TJ :-)

JC

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All,

Thanks,

GiBaby71

There is also a 24-hour fill-doctor locator at toll-free 1-877-LAP-BAND. I've never used this service, but it's nice to know it's available. Rachelle

I wanted to bump this post, because I never knew about the 1-877- lap-band fill doctors line. This is valuable info, for anyone who is looking for a fill doctor!

Thanks for sharing!

Donna

I went to www.obesityhelp.com, in the top left corner there's a link find a: bariatric surgeon, click on this link, then click on your state, and start calling the drs in your area.... This is how I found myself a local fill dr, and I've had wonderful luck with their office... I've had fills with fluro, I've had fills without fluro, their nutritionist comes in and talks to me almost everytime, and they are reasonably priced (I pay $150 a fill)... Good luck to everyone in their search for local fill drs and in the journey to weight loss...

Kristy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

I called the 1-877-Lapband number and it is for finding a surgeon... not a fill doctor. They say to go back to your surgeon for fills.

Hope this helps.

Dottie

This post in no way is an attempt to discredit Roxane's experience at FillCenterUSA. Each of our situations are unique. Also, nothing said below should be considered as an endorsement either.

I just returned from FillCentersUSA Thorton in what I believe will be a successful fill. I say believe because as I type, I'm still belching my coffee from earlier. I may be a bit tight, but I'll wait and see.

If someone is expecting the experience level of the OCC, do not go to FillCentersUSA Thorton...any of them for that matter. Dr. Romero does more fills in the morning than many of the FillCenter providers have done in a lifetime. But, if you have had multiple uneventful fills, a port that sits relatively close to the skin and hasn't moved, then FillCentersUSA, may be an option to flying back to OCC every few months.

Dr. Singh was professional and receptive to my suggestions. He actually filled me with the exact amount that I thought would be appropriate based on my past fill levels. He took my suggestion not to numb the area and just go for it. He hit my port on the first shot and double checked the fill level as protocol suggests.

If in doubt, I would still recommend OCC and/or FillCenterUSA using Floro... however, if your trusting and feel comfortable that your port isn't all that hard to hit, you may want to give FillCentersUSA a try. After the intitial vist, $155 is far from airfare/hotel/transporation and fill.

An added plus is free fills! Assuming you refer three of your friends. But to do that you better trust them, or you'll lose friends fast!!. I'm not posting for that reason, but if your going to go anyway...please drop my name:) For every three referrals you get a free fill.

hi i was wondering if anyone has a idea how much time off work you need every time you need a fill.and if anyone has ever been filled in new york state near syracuse.are you put out for the fills.please answer,my surgery is due on the 6th of august.thanks macy

macy... you only need off an hour or two... just as you would for a regular doctors visit. As far as NY... no idea... I'd go back to your surgeon for the first one or two fills..

Tom

Curent Weight 235

I had my first fill June 10th 2007 and already I need to go back. My second fill is scheduled for 7/20/07. I thought the first one would last a little longer but thats o.k. As long as the band is working I am happy> :rolleyes:

I've used the Fill Centers doctors in both Tampa and St. Pete. If you are in Florida I would recommend St. Pete, she is absolutely terrific. I didn't have a good experience with Tampa. I wanted the Fluoro and what she did was look at and then put me on a table and did a blind stick - makes no sense, just judged by how I appeared to be drinking water and overfilled me, I suffered through the weekend and drove back on Monday morning to get an unfill.

I had the exact opposite experience in St. Pete, she does use the fluoro and barium and was just about as good as going to TJ. I would highly recommend that office.

I just had to have an unfill. Fill Center sent me to an Advanced Nurse Prcatitioner in St Petersburg Florida.

As for my experiance this afternoon, I would have to say I highly reccomend her. She has Fluoro and knows how to use it. I felt like I was in TJ :-)

JC

She really is terrific isn't she.

Guest Robrn90

Hi all!! I just had a fill in Farmington Mo. ( Fill Center USA) She was a nurse practicioner and has a band herself. I was really impressed, she was knowledgable and personable. My port was hard to find but she hit it the first stick! I would recommend her to anyone. ...................Robin :-h

Hi all!! I just had a fill in Farmington Mo. ( Fill Center USA) She was a nurse practicioner and has a band herself. I was really impressed, she was knowledgable and personable. My port was hard to find but she hit it the first stick! I would recommend her to anyone. ...................Robin :-h

Hey Robin, Glad to hear all went well with your fill in MO. I may go there after all. Thanks again.

They have FINALLY opened one about an hour and a half from my - YAY! The other nearest one was 7+ hours each way.

I'm at .8cc and I'm going to make an appointment for an additional .2cc. I fluctuate between PBing some foods to being well restricted to being able to eat whatever I want but the latter seems to be the rule. At least this way if it IS too much, I can just zip down there and get an unfill.

I just hope she's even 1/2 as good as Dr. Romero!!

• 5 months later...

I'm in Seattle. Had surgery with Dr. Ortiz. I signed up for Fill Center USA. The initial cost was $300, but now has gone up to $349. Details are on their website. The clinic is in Auburn, Washington and Dr. Fox does the fills. He is an extremely experienced surgeon who does fills one day a week on Thursdays. There is no fluoro. He said that would cost $1400 but I have read here where some have gotten it for around $250. The first fill visit I had was not successfull. The doctor tried his very best and I did too but he couldn't get the needle into the port. He gave me that visit free because he wasn't able to do the fill. He gave me a prescription and diet and sent me home for 30 days to return with less belly fat. Tomorrow morning we will try again. I will write to report whether he hits it this time. He is terribly funny and the whole procedure was made so much better because of his great attitude. I hope it works tomorrow.