Cheap Way to get to TJ

Last week, I went to TJ for a port adjustment.... Something Good and Something Bad happened. I got scammed by the rental car company. Do not rent a car from Ace Rent a Car or from AutoRent in San Diego. They are scam artists and literally "none" of their cars are driveable. So, I started walking to the trolley station and took the San Ysidro trolley for $2.50 to the border, walked across, and took a taxi for $5.00 to the Lucerna. It was great and the only way I will travel from now on!!!

The airport is a couple of miles away. You have to take the bus to the trolley station. But it is not a bad way to get there. just plan on it taking about 45 minutes on the trolley then walk across to the taxis. I did it a few weeks ago it beats the transportation if it is during the day and you feel safe, I would never go that way after dark. Of course I am from an area of the country were we do not have mass transit so that is where I am coming from.

The trolly is great! I took it when I had my first fill a month ago. My son and I flew into San Diego, took the city bus from the airport to the trolly stop downtown (about five minute ride) and then hopped the trolley all the way to TJ. It's not the most senic ride but you get glimpses of the ocean along the way. It takes about 45 miuntes or so if I remember correctly. I highly recommend it. It is so hassle free!

• 2 weeks later...

I drive down and park on the US side and then take a cab to Dr. Ortiz's new office for just 5.00 from the border and then the parking is only 7.00

Driving in TJ is an adventure!!

Michelle

265/223.5/160ish

2 fills @ 2cc's currently