Do your eyes twitch?

About four months after I got the LapBand I noticed my eyes started twitching. In the beginning, I thought it was maybe the change in my diet, but now I'm beginning to think it's the LapBand itself that's causing my eyes to twitch. Has anyone ever heard of this? I've never mentioned it to my doctor because it seems like such a remote chance of it being related to my LapBand. But then I have read a number of reports of how some patients with breast implants start having random aches and pains nowhere near their breasts. The doctors label them hypchondriacs, but when they have their breast implants removed, the random aches and pains go away. A medical mystery.

Rachelle

About four months after I got the LapBand I noticed my eyes started twitching. In the beginning, I thought it was maybe the change in my diet, but now I'm beginning to think it's the LapBand itself that's causing my eyes to twitch. Has anyone ever heard of this? I've never mentioned it to my doctor because it seems like such a remote chance of it being related to my LapBand. But then I have read a number of reports of how some patients with breast implants start having random aches and pains nowhere near their breasts. The doctors label them hypchondriacs, but when they have their breast implants removed, the random aches and pains go away. A medical mystery.

Rachelle

I was bander in Oct 2006 and I have had so many various aches, pains and things happening to my body, including my feet!! Before I was banded, I blamed all my aches and pains on my weight, so now it just seems like these strange things happen and I somehow connect it to my lap band. My body certainly processes my meds different now. I have to be careful to not take all at same time.

Has anyone noticed how careful you are now of something pressing against your stomach? I used to sorta push the cart at Walmart with my belly, hold things against my belly for support. Now I can't tolerate anything against my stomach or even sitting in an un-right position seems to put pressure on it.

KAthy

Bander Oct 2006

Top weight 241

Current Weight 180

cu

...Now I can't tolerate anything against my stomach...

KAthy

Bander Oct 2006

Top weight 241

Current Weight 180

cu

I can relate to sensitivity around the port access, but mine is getting better. I have a NordicTrac Cross Country exercise machine at home that requires you to lean your belly against a cushion for balance. I thought I was going to have to give that machine away because it hurt by belly even though it didn't touch the port directly. Just a few weeks ago, though, I tried it and it didn't hurt for the first time. My doctor told me where the port is put in creates a wound that takes a while to heal completely.

Rachelle

About four months after I got the LapBand I noticed my eyes started twitching.

UPDATE: I emailed my nurse about my eye twitching, and she suggested that I was low on potassium. She said that muscle spasms and twitches can often be cured with a banana. I started putting a banana in my morning protein shake and my eye has stopped twitching! What a relief since my eye had been twitching for five months! I was simply low on potassium.

Rachelle

UPDATE: I emailed my nurse about my eye twitching, and she suggested that I was low on potassium. She said that muscle spasms and twitches can often be cured with a banana. I started putting a banana in my morning protein shake and my eye has stopped twitching! What a relief since my eye had been twitching for five months! I was simply low on potassium.

Rachelle

That sounds like a very wise nurse!!

I'm so glad you got the twitching figured out. I have leg cramps occassionally and since I don't like bananas i take a potassium supplement a couple of times a week. I'm sorry I didn't make that connection! I always get a twitch in my eye when I'm tired, people probably think I'm winking at them :unsure: