New to lapband forum

I am new to Lap Band Forum as of today... my surgery is scheduled for September 24th and the researching and decision-making has been quite a journey in itself. I recently received my copy of Dr. Ortiz's book and it is already looking worn! I am fortunate to have the most supportive husband cheering me on.

I do struggle with some embarrassment issues and have not shared my plans with another living soul. I guess I fear their judgement...I must work on my head issues as well as my body issues, right?

I am also a military mom and awaiting the safe return of my son from Iraq...(any military family members out there? I'd love to hear from you.) My military Mom stress has found me too often in front of the fridge!

I see the forum as being a terrific pre-op and post-op resource. I'm impressed with the stories, experiences and useful practical info you all contribute.

So...I guess this is my introduction to you! I look forward to checking in daily... :-h

Hi, and welcome!

I know what you mean, I wore out Dr. Ortiz' book too. I still read it a lot. It's a great resource! You will not be dissapointed that you chose Dr. Ortiz, he is great, and his staff is too! You will enjoy your experience! I can't imagine being a military mom! GOD BLESS YOUR SON FOR DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY! I will pray for his safe and speedy return!

Good Luck with your band!

Check in often!

Donna

Hi, and welcome!

I know what you mean, I wore out Dr. Ortiz' book too. I still read it a lot. It's a great resource! You will not be dissapointed that you chose Dr. Ortiz, he is great, and his staff is too! You will enjoy your experience! I can't imagine being a military mom! GOD BLESS YOUR SON FOR DEFENDING OUR COUNTRY! I will pray for his safe and speedy return!

Good Luck with your band!

Check in often!

Donna

Thanks for the welcome, Donna! Gee your profile info looks great! Congrats on all your weight loss. I hope I enjoy the same success. I am starting out at 215, but down already to 211. I started using the liquid diet a little early. My height is 5'-6" and my BMI 34.7.

I have seen a few random comments during my research that says the under 35 BMI's can expect slower loss. Have you or anyone else out there heard this?

I will watch for your thoughts .... have a smiley day!

Thanks for the welcome, Donna! Gee your profile info looks great! Congrats on all your weight loss. I hope I enjoy the same success. I am starting out at 215, but down already to 211. I started using the liquid diet a little early. My height is 5'-6" and my BMI 34.7.

I have seen a few random comments during my research that says the under 35 BMI's can expect slower loss. Have you or anyone else out there heard this?

I will watch for your thoughts .... have a smiley day!

Donna and I are banding sisters. I am a lower BMI patient and my weight loss has been slower than Donna's and others. I'm down 25 lbs. since April, but I'm not unhappy with that at all. Every pound I lose is a gift.

Twigs

Hi Penny,

I too like you am new to the banding expirience. My surgery is scheduled for Sep 28 in TJ. I just ordered Dr. Ortiz's book, I am so excited. As far as embarassment goes I hear what you are saying I have only told my husband, mom, and best friend. My personal opinion is no one needs to know. When they ask how I am losing weight I will say, I eat differently. You are extremely courageous to take control of your health, and that is commendable. You are a strong woman and no one has the right to judge because they are not perfect.

I am prior Navy and my husband is currently deployed so I know how you feel with the "military munchies" very well. LOL!

Sweet

Guest alohasuzi
Hi Penny,

I too like you am new to the banding expirience. My surgery is scheduled for Sep 28 in TJ. I just ordered Dr. Ortiz's book, I am so excited. As far as embarassment goes I hear what you are saying I have only told my husband, mom, and best friend. My personal opinion is no one needs to know. When they ask how I am losing weight I will say, I eat differently. You are extremely courageous to take control of your health, and that is commendable. You are a strong woman and no one has the right to judge because they are not perfect.

I am prior Navy and my husband is currently deployed so I know how you feel with the "military munchies" very well. LOL!

Sweet

Hi, Sweet! I am also from Chula Vista and I had my surgery last Thursday 8/23! How did you order the book? Every time I look it still says out of stock? Anyway, you will be glad you chose Dr. Ortiz-I had a wonderful experience and so far, only a little soreness in the tummy and port area. Everything went like clockwork and everyone is very nice and helpful and they take great care of us!!

Suzanne