Roswell Center in Georgia

Has anyone used the Fill Center in Roswell, GA? My daughter is 17 and had the surgery in Mexico and also her first fill in Mexico. I really don't have the time or funds to travel to Mexico again right now. I'm about 6 hours from Atlanta, so it's do-able for us.

Any comments would be MOST appreciated!

Has anyone used the Fill Center in Roswell, GA? My daughter is 17 and had the surgery in Mexico and also her first fill in Mexico. I really don't have the time or funds to travel to Mexico again right now. I'm about 6 hours from Atlanta, so it's do-able for us.

I went last weekend and will be going again this coming weekend. I cannot recommend Darlene enough!! I was very hesitant as I've heard of some "we take Mexican band patients" fill folks as not so good. I had 2 fills and an unfill by Dr. Romero in TJ and honestly, Darlene is just as good (Sorry Darlene, but Dr. Romero has more going for him in the "handsome" department ;) ).

They are working there every other weekend. I was paranoid to get too much in the last fill after having an overfill with almost the same amount (1.5cc overfill, 1.4 a week ago) but as I'm losing weight, it seems I can tolerate more. Darlene was very honest with me and said I'd probably need more but that it was my decision.

If you have any specific questions, LMK! :)

I went last weekend and will be going again this coming weekend. I cannot recommend Darlene enough!! I was very hesitant as I've heard of some "we take Mexican band patients" fill folks as not so good. I had 2 fills and an unfill by Dr. Romero in TJ and honestly, Darlene is just as good (Sorry Darlene, but Dr. Romero has more going for him in the "handsome" department ;) ).

They are working there every other weekend. I was paranoid to get too much in the last fill after having an overfill with almost the same amount (1.5cc overfill, 1.4 a week ago) but as I'm losing weight, it seems I can tolerate more. Darlene was very honest with me and said I'd probably need more but that it was my decision.

If you have any specific questions, LMK! :)

So is Darlene someone who is there all the time, or just every other weekend? I live in Atlanta, and I will be needing my first fill in about 4 weeks. I am going to go to the fill center in Roswell and have no idea what to expect or to ask for. How much do they charge in total for the first visit? Is it hard to get an appointment, do you think I should go ahead and make one now? They use flouroscopy there don't they?

Sorry for all the questions! Lol.

Thanks,

Lauren

I think Darlene is only there every other weekend because she also works out of Moultrie. It was $299 for the initial consultation and close to $200 for the 1st fill which included the flouroscopy. I really liked Darlene and the staff there was real nice. Darlene made sure that the fill was right before she let you leave the office. My only problem was when I was ready to get my fill, the Roswell office wasn't open yet and they weren't sure when it was to open and they weren't scheduling appointments for Moultrie either.

Are there not any fill centers closer to you than Atlanta?

So is Darlene someone who is there all the time, or just every other weekend? I live in Atlanta, and I will be needing my first fill in about 4 weeks. I am going to go to the fill center in Roswell and have no idea what to expect or to ask for. How much do they charge in total for the first visit? Is it hard to get an appointment, do you think I should go ahead and make one now? They use flouroscopy there don't they?

Sorry for all the questions! Lol.

Thanks,

Lauren

As Rhonda said, every other weekend. Usually it's Friday and Saturday - not sure if they normally have Sunday too. This weekend she is speaking at a seminar on Saturday so the appointments are Friday and Sunday. Darlene is the only one and I hope it stays that way :)

The $499 total is for the first visit and I can't remember what it is for the additional ones - at least $200 for the Fluro. I'll know for sure after Sunday.

I'd go ahead and at least talk to Fill Centers and see what she has available when you could go. Since fills are relatively quick, it's probably easy to get an appointment - for now ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi. How did your fill experience go? I am thinking about getting banded by Dr. Ortiz, did you also? If so, how was your experience?

Thanks,

Aida