Anyone scheduled for September 25?

I'm seven days from my band! Is anyone using the form coming up on this date too?

My emotions are running high ... excitement, nervousness, and pride! I am proud that I'm doing this for myself and my health.

Thanks to all of you who share on the forum...it makes this experience less lonely and scary!

I'm seven days from my band! Is anyone using the form coming up on this date too?

My emotions are running high ... excitement, nervousness, and pride! I am proud that I'm doing this for myself and my health.

Thanks to all of you who share on the forum...it makes this experience less lonely and scary!

Hi Newpenny. I'm having my surgery on Monday the 24th. Maybe we could look for each other at the hotel. I'm scared and excited too.

Candy

Hi Newpenny. I'm having my surgery on Monday the 24th. Maybe we could look for each other at the hotel. I'm scared and excited too.

Candy

Hi Candy! I'm so glad you answered...I will definitely watch for you! Actually I will arrive at the hotel the 24th so you will probably be at the Center by then. I will say a prayer that your day goes smoothly and comfortably! Smiles, Penny

Hi Candy! I'm so glad you answered...I will definitely watch for you! Actually I will arrive at the hotel the 24th so you will probably be at the Center by then. I will say a prayer that your day goes smoothly and comfortably! Smiles, Penny

Congrats to you both!!

Watch for me too, I'll be arriving on the 24th to have my port moved on the 25th, staying at the hotel both nights. I've walked around the area quite a bit on my previous trips, so let me know if I can help.

Roger

Congrats to you both!!

Watch for me too, I'll be arriving on the 24th to have my port moved on the 25th, staying at the hotel both nights. I've walked around the area quite a bit on my previous trips, so let me know if I can help.

Roger

Hi Roger...(Gee that's my husband's name too!) I will keep an eye out for you...good luck with all your care! Penny :-h

Hey Penny,

It was nice meeting you and good to see you up and around walking after your surgery. Hope you're still doing well and had a good trip back.

No Worry,

No big issue, my port has always stuck out a little, and after losing my weight the skin on top was even thinner and made it look like a little hernia (or my little tumor as I called it). I had the doctors at OCC bury it under the muscle (same spot) so it wouldn't be so apparent. Purely for my own vanity. Everyone was again so great with my care.

Roger

Hi Roger...

Out of curiosity... did they charge you to move it?? I think I may run into the same situation when all is said and done. I have read previous post's that some dr's will move it for free. I didn't know if that was the case for OCC as well. Could you send me a message and let me know if you get a chance??

Thanks!!

Theresa (fellow Washingtonian) :-)

Hey Penny,

It was nice meeting you and good to see you up and around walking after your surgery. Hope you're still doing well and had a good trip back.

No Worry,

No big issue, my port has always stuck out a little, and after losing my weight the skin on top was even thinner and made it look like a little hernia (or my little tumor as I called it). I had the doctors at OCC bury it under the muscle (same spot) so it wouldn't be so apparent. Purely for my own vanity. Everyone was again so great with my care.

Roger

Hi Roger!

My trip home went OK...I felt a little swollen after having to sit for so many hours...walking, walking, walking is really the key to comfort after this surgery isn't it?! Today I'm home and enjoying being here...aspirin is all I'm taking occasionally for that achey feeling. There is no and hasn't been any real pain.

Thank you for being so pleasant and encouraging at OCC! I met so many terrific people...staff and patients included.

Have a great weekend! Smiles, Penny

Hi Roger...

Out of curiosity... did they charge you to move it?? I think I may run into the same situation when all is said and done. I have read previous post's that some dr's will move it for free. I didn't know if that was the case for OCC as well. Could you send me a message and let me know if you get a chance??

Thanks!!

Theresa (fellow Washingtonian) :-)

HI ROGER!! SAME QUESTION FROM ME... DID THEY CHARGE YOU TO MOVE IT? IF SO, HOW MUCH? WERE YOU AWAKE FOR THE PROCEDURE? DID IT HURT MUCH AFTER? ETC..... MY PORT HAS BEEN STICKING OUT SINCE THE DAY OF THE SURGERY 7 WEEKS AGO (as you can see in my pictures if you click the link below), AND I'M AFRAID TO THINK OF WHAT IT MIGHT LOOK LIKE IN 6 MONTHS!!!!!

THANKS!!

K ><'

Click here to see my Lap Band pictures....

I've had a few requests and I posted some info the testimonial section under "I Made It", but I'll recopy here. I was out for the procedure, although I thought is was going to be under local. After a year, they would also have preferred and recommended that I had an endoscopy, but they do that with another Dr and it didn't work out. There would have been an additional cost for that.

Well I'm a few days back from my trip to OCC to have my port moved. My port has always stuck out some, and as I lost my weight, the skin on top got thinner and the port more apparent. I have been doing some sit-ups as part of my regular routine and felt the my port was interfering with my emerging six-pack A few have asked about the procedure and costs so I thought I'd post here. They put the port under another layer of muscle in the same spot and that should smooth it out.

I did have a plastic surgery consult here, and found they wouldn't touch it as part of the procedure, even for an extra charge. I decided that even if the tummy tuck could wait, this was something I wanted to do for me.

I think it depends on if there is a problem with the port or not and any costs would be something you would have to discuss with the office.

For me it was a cosmetic and a one-year "check-up" decision, and there was a cost involved. But figure less than $500 for the procedure and ground transportation, plus your travel costs (air/hotel). But I had a barium swallow and slight unfill to check my band, the whole regular pre-surgical work-up (blood, EKG), and the procedure (IV's and meds, antibiotics, anesthesia, and surgery). And of course the great care from all the staff. For me, it was worth it.

I'm still a bit sore and swollen, but the incision looks good. I was still a bit tight with just a little bit of an enlarged pouch, so the little bit of an unfill should help that, but I'm not looking to loose much more anyway and eating normal, exercising, and maintaining going forward is only a little different mindset than being in "diet mode".

Keep the faith that this will work for you, and do your part, you will be successful.

Roger