pre op diet

Is Dr. Ortiz doing your surgery? If so, they will send you a patient informaiton booklet that you must initial/sign that contains all the instructions for your procedure. Part of the pre-op requirement includes a telephone consult with the Nutritionist, Dr. Miranda at least 7 days prior to your surgery to discuss the preop diet. The literature provided in this information booklet states that you must go on a pre-op diet 1 week before your surgery in order to shrink belly fat. Large people typically have fatty livers. The pre-op diet will help you drop the needed pounds to make the belly fat and liver shrink so surgery is safer. The pre-op diet consists of 3-4 protein shakes a day (I used Slim Fast Optima High Protien) and salad greens (such as romanine lettuce, spinach leaves, mixed greens, iceberg lettuce) with Balsamic Vineagar or 2T of low fat dressing of your choice. I lost 12.5 lbs on the pre-op diet! Hope this helps answer your question. Good luck with your procedure!

:) thanks, i am haaving my surgery with Dr ortiz on may 25th and can't wait I was going start the diet early but might a few extra veggies in the salad first thanks chrissysdolphin

Is Dr. Ortiz doing your surgery? If so, they will send you a patient informaiton booklet that you must initial/sign that contains all the instructions for your procedure. Part of the pre-op requirement includes a telephone consult with the Nutritionist, Dr. Miranda at least 7 days prior to your surgery to discuss the preop diet. The literature provided in this information booklet states that you must go on a pre-op diet 1 week before your surgery in order to shrink belly fat. Large people typically have fatty livers. The pre-op diet will help you drop the needed pounds to make the belly fat and liver shrink so surgery is safer. The pre-op diet consists of 3-4 protein shakes a day (I used Slim Fast Optima High Protien) and salad greens (such as romanine lettuce, spinach leaves, mixed greens, iceberg lettuce) with Balsamic Vineagar or 2T of low fat dressing of your choice. I lost 12.5 lbs on the pre-op diet! Hope this helps answer your question. Good luck with your procedure!

where did you find these shakes? Slim fast Optima?

:) tatget sells the optima in a few different flavors and it is 5.59 for a pack of six. i was quite happy with the flavor if you blend it with some ice it is like a frapachino. thanks chrissy

Hi

I'm on day 5 of my preopt diet. Everything is going well so far. However I have one question? Is coffee ok just black? I was going to call the dr.'s office but I thought I would try here first.

I'm scheduled for May 12th!!!

Monica

Monica -

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery! As far as I know coffee is permitted in the pre-op diet. I drank a little coffee and diet sodas while on the pre-op diet to help curb hunger. I even had a diet coke the night before surgery (my last one). Just to be sure, you could e-mail Dr. Miranda, the nutritionist.