How to insert a PICTURE into a Post!

I have received a few PM's about this so I am actually going to post this as a topic so others can post their before and after pictures or images of whatever they want INSIDE of a post like this one.

The first thing to know is that you cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. If you want to use pictures from your PC or digital camera you first have to upload them to a website that offers image hosting, the most popular are ImageShack & PhotoBucket I use myspace. Once you register for free with them, those photos hosts allow you to upload images from your computer to them then give you the links to post safely in your forums entries. They even give you links wrapped with bbCode tags so that you have only to copy & paste into your posts.

If you want to find the link for an image already published on the web it takes and extra step. Let's use the OCC Image/Logo from the top right corner of this page as an example, it looks like this:

7_logo_new.jpg

To get the address of this image right-click on the Logo.. A box will pop up the very LAST option will be PROPERTIES click that and in the box that will popup it will have the ADDRESS of the link for the Logo that you'll have to copy, in the OCC logo example, the link would say this:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/style_images/7_logo_new.jpg

Once you have copied the link open a new post or reply to a post and you can just add the tags rte-image-button.png icon (it is on the bottom row and is the 2nd button to the right of the smiley face :) button). This will give you a pop up box where you will paste the address using "Ctrl + v" then click OK and it will automatically be put into your message. I always suggest clicking PREVIEW POST to make sure it shows up before submitting a new topic!!

I hope that's not too confusing... Feel free to use this thread to practice posting pics of whatever you'd like you can use the OCC image above or whatever!!

I have received a few PM's about this so I am actually going to post this as a topic so others can post their before and after pictures or images of whatever they want INSIDE of a post like this one.

The first thing to know is that you cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. If you want to use pictures from your PC or digital camera you first have to upload them to a website that offers image hosting, the most popular are ImageShack & PhotoBucket I use myspace. Once you register for free with them, those photos hosts allow you to upload images from your computer to them then give you the links to post safely in your forums entries. They even give you links wrapped with bbCode tags so that you have only to copy & paste into your posts.

If you want to find the link for an image already published on the web it takes and extra step. Let's use the OCC Image/Logo from the top right corner of this page as an example, it looks like this:

7_logo_new.jpg

To get the address of this image right-click on the Logo.. A box will pop up the very LAST option will be PROPERTIES click that and in the box that will popup it will have the ADDRESS of the link for the Logo that you'll have to copy, in the OCC logo example, the link would say this:

Once you have copied the link open a new post or reply to a post and you can just add the tags rte-image-button.png icon (it is on the bottom row and is the 2nd button to the right of the smiley face :) button). This will give you a pop up box where you will paste the address using "Ctrl + v" then click OK and it will automatically be put into your message. I always suggest clicking PREVIEW POST to make sure it shows up before submitting a new topic!!

I hope that's not too confusing... Feel free to use this thread to practice posting pics of whatever you'd like you can use the OCC image above or whatever!!

THanks!! I'll try it out after I upload my photos

• 3 weeks later...

Chad, can we make a sticky for this?

7_logo_new.jpg

Hi Michelle,

Can I post a picture of your fill, your really cute.

Thanks Jenn ><'

• 2 weeks later...

Okay.. I'm really not dumb when it comes to computers, however, I can't for the life of me, get my picture in my avatar. I have my pictures on photobucket, but from which link do I copy the "http" address, and where do I paste the address??? I know this has to be easy, I'm just not getting it??? :wacko:

• 2 months later...

7_logo_new.jpg

The directions for the ticker I was able to do but I've been trying to add my pix for over an hour with no luck. I have it on photo bucket and copied and pasted into add photo section with no luck. I've had computers since the 80s and been selling on ebay since 97 but can't add a pix to a forum. What am I doing wrong?

Pam

7_logo_new.jpg

P9160047.jpg You are awesome! I've learned to post ticker and pix from you. Now how do I get it under my profile. Hopefully when I get thin people will be able to tell that is my oldest daughter because we look a little alike.

Pam

• 5 months later...

7_logo_new.jpg

Testing Merci

http://www.visitmonaco.com/_images/uploads/aboutmonaco_area1.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...