"Healthy" Creamy Soups

Jacklynrae

Hi all,

My boyfriend made this soup for me that is out of one of those Grocery Store register isle mini paperbook Quick and Easy crockpot recipe. Well this soup is so easy using Cambells tomato soup cans as a base, and the thickening agent is cream cheese. This soup is so yummy- in my opinion its like restaurant quality with great flavor and texture. I have it in PDF format, so if anyone who like send me a message I will forward the PDF file to you.

Cheers!

Tara

Hi Tara,

I am going thru the post and saw this! I am so interested in your recipe please. My surgery date is this coming Thurs, 10/9! YIKES!! Anyway, I love tomato soup...and the added cream chesse sounds really scrumptous! If you need my email address, it is jamf8@yahoo.com.

Thank you Tara...when were you banded and how are you doing with it?

See ya around!

Jude =)

Hi all,

My boyfriend made this soup for me that is out of one of those Grocery Store register isle mini paperbook Quick and Easy crockpot recipe. Well this soup is so easy using Cambells tomato soup cans as a base, and the thickening agent is cream cheese. This soup is so yummy- in my opinion its like restaurant quality with great flavor and texture. I have it in PDF format, so if anyone who like send me a message I will forward the PDF file to you.

Cheers!

Tara

Please send me the recipe to email lmgerman@att.net

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Cheers!

Tara

Tara,

Please send me the recipe at sdpatt39@yahoo.com

Sharon

Oh man that sounds AMAZING!! Does she just make regular potato and puree the chunks? Or does the recipe make it creamy? Potato is my absolute fav! I can't wait.....just a couple more days.

I use fat free half and half for cream soups or penne ala vodka, etc.

• 2 months later...
Hi all,

Cheers!

Tara

I love tomato soup...could you send me the recipe? sellersjl@sbcglobal.net

This is my first time here and I came for some help and ideas because I am at a stand still. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Creamy Thai Carrot Soup

6 oz low fat-tofu, silken variety

1 1/2 tsp thai curry paste, red variety or curry powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 tbsp mint leaves, fresh, cut into slivers

1 medium garlic cloves peeled

2 tsp ginger root, freshly grated

1/2 cup onion chopped

1 pound baby carrots

2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth

In a medium saucepan, bring broth, carrots, onion, garlic and ginger to a boil over medium high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20

minutes, until carrots are tender. Stir in curry paste and salt, simmer 1 minute to blend flavors. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

Add tofu to saucepan and puree in pot using an immersion blender (or in a blender in batches) until smooth. Stir in mint and serve.

This soup ROCKS! I leave out the mint, i like to keep it smooth and creamy... MMM delicious and 75 cal per cup. I checked w Dr Miranda and she said it would be fine for "creamy soups" portion of post-op as long as its still sippable (so thin it out some if ur on post op). Im enjoying it now as I just had my 3rd fill and I want to baby my tummy for a day or two...

I found the silken tofu at luckys/safeway/etc for $1.69