fill doctor in indiana, chicago

hey everyone :wacko: , i am looking for a fill doctor in the state of indiana or chicago. it will cost me more to go to TJ than to have it here. help pleas

A lot of us midwesterners go up to Downers Grove and use a bariatic doctor named Dr. Joe Vitello. He charges $150 cash for the fill. And the hospital charges $125 for the fluoro,, if you say you don't have insurance when you register,, the hospital will send you a bill for $85. Here's Dr. Vitello's email address, jvituic@comcast.net email him and you can set up an appointment with him,, he's really a nice guy,, and he does a great job. I've used him and I know a bunch of other lap banders that use him too!

A lot of us midwesterners go up to Downers Grove and use a bariatic doctor named Dr. Joe Vitello. He charges $150 cash for the fill. And the hospital charges $125 for the fluoro,, if you say you don't have insurance when you register,, the hospital will send you a bill for $85. Here's Dr. Vitello's email address, jvituic@comcast.net email him and you can set up an appointment with him,, he's really a nice guy,, and he does a great job. I've used him and I know a bunch of other lap banders that use him too!

thank you for the info. so he will charge 85 for the whole thing?

thank you for the info. so he will charge 85 for the whole thing?

No,, he charges you $150 cash.. The hospital is separate,, they will charge you $125 for the fluoro if you have insurance,, but if you don't have insurance coverage,, you want to tell the hospital up front during registration that you don't have insurance, they will send you a separate bill for $85.. They give non insured patients a break on their bill. So,, the fill will cost you around $235,, plus your gas for your car to get to Downers Grove IL and back to where ever you live. The key is to know if your insurance will cover the fluoro part before you go there. The doctor is not going to be covered,, he does the fill on the side for cash.

The hospital is easy to find, The hospitals name is Advocate Good Samaratan, at 3815 Highland Ave, Downers Grove IL. The usual proceedure is that you email Dr. Vitello and he'll email you back with when he'll meet you at the hospital to do your fill. I think he does most of them like on Friday nights. You'll be there with other lapbanders, I think he does 4 to 6 patients when he does fills. He's a bariatric surgeon at the Illinois University Hospital in Chicago and does fills on the side for patients that have been banded in Mexico. I know,, he's got a nice little cash thing going. LOL. But your other option is to find someone near your home or fly back to Tijuana. He does a good job and a nice guy,, he's kind of doing a service for us that went south of the border to be lapbanded.

• 2 years later...

No,, he charges you $150 cash.. The hospital is separate,, they will charge you $125 for the fluoro if you have insurance,, but if you don't have insurance coverage,, you want to tell the hospital up front during registration that you don't have insurance, they will send you a separate bill for $85.. They give non insured patients a break on their bill. So,, the fill will cost you around $235,, plus your gas for your car to get to Downers Grove IL and back to where ever you live. The key is to know if your insurance will cover the fluoro part before you go there. The doctor is not going to be covered,, he does the fill on the side for cash.

The hospital is easy to find, The hospitals name is Advocate Good Samaratan, at 3815 Highland Ave, Downers Grove IL. The usual proceedure is that you email Dr. Vitello and he'll email you back with when he'll meet you at the hospital to do your fill. I think he does most of them like on Friday nights. You'll be there with other lapbanders, I think he does 4 to 6 patients when he does fills. He's a bariatric surgeon at the Illinois University Hospital in Chicago and does fills on the side for patients that have been banded in Mexico. I know,, he's got a nice little cash thing going. LOL. But your other option is to find someone near your home or fly back to Tijuana. He does a good job and a nice guy,, he's kind of doing a service for us that went south of the border to be lapbanded.

I got the lapband on November 12, 2010 and I am wondering if the above doctor is still available for us who traveled to Mexico for the lapband. I live in Aurora, IL so this is extremely close and would be wonderful if possible. Any assistance would be wonderful thanks!!