Let's Plan a Lap Band Forum Get Together!

Vote on Location for 2009 Lap Band Forum Get Together  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see a lap band forum get together held?

• Las Vegas, Nevada (because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!)
    • San Diego, California (because we can invite Drs. Ortiz and Martinez and the rest of the OCC staff
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Denver, Colorado
    • Seattle, Washington

I agree - a lap band convention in Vegas would be fun. But I think this is more of an appreciation for OCC isn't it? I mean, alot of us couldn't have done it without Claudia, Lori, Carolyn, the nurses and of course - the sexy doctors!!! I think if we want to show appreciation for our new lives - we should do it in honor of those who helped make it - and have it in San Diego. I'll attend the bigger lap band convention in Vegas - but I don't feel I'll get to thank OCC there.

Maybe Claudia can actually help schedule the date - she is the master planner after all!!

I agree, I'd like to have it in San Diego so that the whole OCC staff could attend. If, for some reason that wouldn't be possible for them, then I'd vote Vegas. Count me in either way, but I hope the OCC can be involved!! =D>

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it matter to the Drs. where the meeting is? Do they not fly?, Lord knows we have crunched our schedules enough to be where we could get to them. And flown from all over. I would love to meet somewhere. They could write off the trip anyway. Or do they do that in Mexico? Both Vegas and San Diego would be awesome. I would like to see the weekend schedule not so intense. That one mama m. posted was from morning till late night. <_< . Some free mingling time or some Q&A for the Drs. would be awesome, ya know like open mic night to let your hair down. Don't forget to ask Dr. Miranda and the others at OCC to come.

when were ya'll taking about doing this? I think you will find more than 50 will want to come. :D

reneej

Our poll is going pretty good. But not as much interest as I expected - Vegas or SD.

Hopefully we'll have some more interest over the next week or two.

Can we get Chad to pin this?

SD and LV are nearly at a tie. Seattle is popular. What's wrong with Denver :P

Ok, here's a quick poll to get things started. Vote where you would like to see a get together of the lap band forum members held.

I would love to attend, I would prefer San Diego over Vegas because I do believe this is for informations, appreciation, and inspirational purposes therefore we should have access to the Dr's and we could even take our families (if we haven't already) to see the facility or meet the Dr's. There are too many temptations in Vegas from all night buffets to the unthinkable and it's overpriced and overated. I know there are temptations everywhere, but I tend to say" what the heck, it only for the weekend" and so on. California has awesome weather all year long, so that's another plus.

Of course, I'm in too :D What a fantastic idea! I think a good mix between fun & information would be great.

If the OCC's would be able to attend I'd vote for SD, but otherwise I would prefer LV and make it a little vacation ;-)

Jena, Jena, Jennnnnnnnnna,

Of course most of us would go anywhere but to try to plan something like this, we need a count and a location!

I'd prefer Hawaii!

Can you add an "anywhere, I just want to see everyone" to the poll? :D

I would love to go, wherever it's held.

Jena

Jena, Jena, Jennnnnnnnnna,

Of course most of us would go anywhere but to try to plan something like this, we need a count and a location!

I'd prefer Hawaii!

Okay, I vote for Paris, FR. :D;):lol::rolleyes: =D>

SD would be first for me if the folks from the OCC would come. Las Vegas would be my second choice.

Atlanta should be considered. All of you left coast and Canadian folks should come on down and get a taste of the deep South! I could arrange for us to have some real Southern cooking, fried chicken, biscuits, mac and cheese, banana pudding, sweet tea...oh. wait. Maybe that's not such a good idea. ;)

Jena

Jena, I'm not far from HOTLANTA, so invite me and feed me the fried chicken, biscuits, et al. :)

Just let me recover from the carrot cake!!!

Okay, I vote for Paris, FR. :D;):lol::rolleyes: =D>

SD would be first for me if the folks from the OCC would come. Las Vegas would be my second choice.

Atlanta should be considered. All of you left coast and Canadian folks should come on down and get a taste of the deep South! I could arrange for us to have some real Southern cooking, fried chicken, biscuits, mac and cheese, banana pudding, sweet tea...oh. wait. Maybe that's not such a good idea. ;)

Jena

I would fly back to San Diego if the OCC folks could be there, but if they can't well, I go for VEGAS BABy too! Atlanta is also a good choice, but how can you resist VEGAS?

let's do it!

reneej

After I have done some serious thinking, I found I am good at some things. I am a pretty great singer, as I was a voice major in college. Also, I am a scrapbook instructor and have done a number of scrapbooks for high paying customers. I could have some sort of workshop constructing scrapbook pages about weight loss, tj visits, and occ visits, but that could be arranged for the cost of the materials.

La La... that is all I can think of that I am good at.

After I have done some serious thinking, I found I am good at some things. I am a pretty great singer, as I was a voice major in college. Also, I am a scrapbook instructor and have done a number of scrapbooks for high paying customers. I could have some sort of workshop constructing scrapbook pages about weight loss, tj visits, and occ visits, but that could be arranged for the cost of the materials.

La La... that is all I can think of that I am good at.

Hey Paula,

I am a scrapbook addict! I'm thinking of trying to scrap this whole adventure. Not sure how to do it yet (I hate having my picture taken) but I think it would be a good thing to do.

Wow. I skip a day not checking in the forum and all this is happening. How cool an idea! Thanks Bandgroupie or whoever it is that came up with this! I LOVE IT! Count me in! I'll go wherever the poll takes us but I have a preference for San Diego myself since I love it there and the possibility of the OCC staff being there for us to be part of the seminar speakers etc. I also have kids so we haven't done all of the California touristy stuff and would love to be able to do those before or after the bandster thing as part of our vacation. I can also do the Grand Canyon if we do it in Vegas, my family would love that. So I guess, either way is good. Oh.. I'll vote the polls.

I'll volunteer also for the committee, if 'ya all still need me. (that's my southern talk) As part of the seminar, organized speakers, can we have about 3-4 or however many, to speak about their journey in banding. You know those success stories. #1, a bandster that's been out post-op 5 years, #2, post-op 3 years, #3, post-op 1 year, #4 post-op ???? I would think this would generate bandster wannabes to come and investigate if this is truly what they are looking for and if it is what they want as results.

The bandster speakers would discuss points of challenges in their journey and of course the "healthy, happy, feel good stuff" This would be a great opener and ice breaker... Doesn't have to be long and drawn out, just about a 3-5 mins. each speech and a slideshow behind them playing their beginning journey size and to current then a 5 mins. Q&A for audience to ask their questions.

I'm excited to hear all the good stuff planned! Such talented bandster we have here =D> , yippee! :D

Hanna :)

Hey Everyone,

I see my idea to meet and greet has taken off. Bandgroupie, I'm here girl......let's get this party started!!!!

In my origninal post to start this meeting, Dolittle, LisaL have been great supporters and I have gotten lots of pm ......and now I need you to help me finish what I started. Band groupie, get back to me, so that we can work together to see what you have. I see the names......great!!!!.

I am interested in seeing what the voters are saying.....I hope that Vegas....wins! I'm open for any feed back!

Monet

Hey There you are!!!

20/16 San Diego right now.

It's just a vote - see where we're all coming from.

Then we all can meet and discuss options!!!!

Hey Everyone,

I see my idea to meet and greet has taken off. Bandgroupie, I'm here girl......let's get this party started!!!!

In my origninal post to start this meeting, Dolittle, LisaL have been great supporters and I have gotten lots of pm ......and now I need you to help me finish what I started. Band groupie, get back to me, so that we can work together to see what you have. I see the names......great!!!!.

I am interested in seeing what the voters are saying.....I hope that Vegas....wins! I'm open for any feed back!

Monet

I love the idea and would like to be a part of it. But the schedule of the other groups weekend was really full. I would be more for some key note speakers and some fun, free time. I'm not one for enjoying sitting for hours and hours in meetings and it cost more if you have alot of speakers to pay.

As far as speakers, they usually do not charge. We would, however, have to pay for a meeting room at the hotel of our choice.

I love the idea and would like to be a part of it. But the schedule of the other groups weekend was really full. I would be more for some key note speakers and some fun, free time. I'm not one for enjoying sitting for hours and hours in meetings and it cost more if you have alot of speakers to pay.

Just an idea......was thinking that if OCC was involved they could have a "fill-party" and offer a discounted fill price for those that want it on that weekend, maybe a special.....it would have to be in San Diego though....but since we would be down there....would be nice to have something available.