Let's Plan a Lap Band Forum Get Together!

Vote on Location for 2009 Lap Band Forum Get Together  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like to see a lap band forum get together held?

• Las Vegas, Nevada (because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!)
    • San Diego, California (because we can invite Drs. Ortiz and Martinez and the rest of the OCC staff
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Denver, Colorado
    • Seattle, Washington

Hey Bandgroupie! How are we doing on the planning of this... are we going to make it happen? Sorry I have been busy here at home... haven't been on the forum but a quick check here and there. Can you give us an update as to what we are leaning towards?

WAgal (Hanna)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori is checking with the OCC good doctors and is going to give us a some weekends when they might be available to participate and we'll go from there. She will also see if they would be willing to have a fill/adjustment special during that weekend.

If it doesn't look like they can participate, maybe we'll move it to Vegas baby!

Hey Bandgroupie! How are we doing on the planning of this... are we going to make it happen? Sorry I have been busy here at home... haven't been on the forum but a quick check here and there. Can you give us an update as to what we are leaning towards?

WAgal (Hanna)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey BandGroupie.. Dawn.. missin you! I got this information in an email re: a lapband conference... thought you might be interested...

Speakers

Mary Jo Rapini (TLC Big Medicine)- Body Image and Sexuality

Cher Ewing- Is your band failing you or are you failing your band? (My Story)

Dr. Sina Matin- Educating your support system

Dr. Frank Veninga- Importance of Aftercare

Dr. Jonathan Heistein- Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kevin Prentice- Health & Transformation Chiropractor

Diane Wallace RD- Master Centers Dietitian

Kat Winegar M.E.S- Banded Personal Trainer

Chef Leslie Moore- Banded Chef will share band friendly recipes

We will also have people volunteer to receive a make-over and then we will choose three people via random draw to receive a make-over after the Saturday event and before the Fall Fling (should be fun).

Other exciting events planned:

- Clothing Exchange

- Raffle for a Lap Band Surgery

- Professional Photographer

- Dancing with Too Smooth

- Before and After Slide Show

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest erinmohr

I am in Northern Canada and would love to be involved some how (I have NO support in town here). I am a graphic designer and would be willing to lend my talents.

What if we have Dr. Ortiz to come and talk to us? Lots of great ideas!

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to come, and that is plenty of time to for us to plan a vacation (and save up for it.)

I am so far away, and I don't know if I have any skills to help in the areas of planning.

I will ponder on the thought and see if a trickle of creativity comes to me.

Hi Paula-

I live in Apopka (north of Orlando). Do you know of anywhere close to get fills done safely? Unfortunately, I cannot afford to fly back to TJ at the moment.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
ohhh - Id go if its in San Diego... :)

Any new plans regarding the Get Together? Last I heard Lori was going to check with the Doc's on their attendance, discounts on fills etc.

• 3 weeks later...
We're working on it and should have some new info in a couple days. Hang tight.

I have bad news,, the "Band Camp 2009" which was voted to take place in SD/TJ on April 25th weekend is dead in the water. I've emailed "Bandgroupie" and she will be posting something here concerning what the next step will be. I had found us a nice hotel in TJ, with a great rate, $56 for a double room and had a plastic surgeon lined up to do a PS seminar, but that was it. So,, Those who wanted to plan something in VEGAS,, go for it.

I have bad news,, the "Band Camp 2009" which was voted to take place in SD/TJ on April 25th weekend is dead in the water. I've emailed "Bandgroupie" and she will be posting something here concerning what the next step will be. I had found us a nice hotel in TJ, with a great rate, $56 for a double room and had a plastic surgeon lined up to do a PS seminar, but that was it. So,, Those who wanted to plan something in VEGAS,, go for it.

Why? What happened? That's too bad! -_- :-?

WHY? Did the "committee" drop the ball? If so, I'm sure we can form another...the date has been voted on and so has the place. And if you had a PS and worked out rates with a hotel, I'm sure we can do the rest here on the forum.

I would like to if anyone else is up for it! Let me know, I'm sure we can make this happen!

ANYONE want to work on this????? How about it ?????

Hello there ...

The committee didn't drop the ball:

1. We were waiting for confirmation from the OCC to see if the docs/staff would participate

2. We were waiting for confirmation from the OCC to see if we could get a fill discount

3. Would you like to be the Committee Chair :) NOMINATED!!!!

Since we were unable to get particpation from the docs, we're moving the location to Vegas as requested by the majority.

Thanks!

WHY? Did the "committee" drop the ball? If so, I'm sure we can form another...the date has been voted on and so has the place. And if you had a PS and worked out rates with a hotel, I'm sure we can do the rest here on the forum.

I would like to if anyone else is up for it! Let me know, I'm sure we can make this happen!

ANYONE want to work on this????? How about it ?????

• 2 weeks later...
This post has gone dead, but I am in for a get together any ol where.

Kim

Yeah, sounds like everyone wanted to do something, but it's been a slow response. I know there is another pinned get together that just started in Las Vegas sometime in April.

Thanks for the nominations, I would like to Chair, however, I live too far away to manage all the details.... maybe someone who lives in Vegas like MamaMichelle? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

UGH!!! I am so disappointed! I really wanted to go. I've been talking about it for months. Is there anyway to change the date to sooner in April or the first weekend in May? :(

I know you will all feel very sorry for me...I am going on a cruise April 19-26th...there is no way I would be able to make it now! :((

And Vegas was my choice too 'cuz the people who had their surgery the same day as me are from there and we have all become like family.

Please keep me informed if the date changes!