Fill June 10th

Things work out so strangely. It works out better for our family for me to fly back to TJ to get my second fill, so I am going on June 10th for a fill with Dr. Romero. Is anyone going to be there that day? Is anyone else planning a fill for that week? I hope so!

Paula, my husband and I are driving to TJ for a fill June 9 in our RV, on our way north to Washington for the summer. We are staying in an RV park in Chula Vista. Maybe we can get together for . . . tomato soup?

Paula, my husband and I are driving to TJ for a fill June 9 in our RV, on our way north to Washington for the summer. We are staying in an RV park in Chula Vista. Maybe we can get together for . . . tomato soup?

That sounds great! LOL..

Will be there for surgery on that day, hope to meet you Paula Bee.

Yes Indeedie!

Hey, Paula!

I had no restriction whatsoever with our first fill. I went to the closest Fill Centers USA location which was just outside of Charlotte, NC (4 hours away thank you very much...) and the doctor there was SUPER nice and seemed REALLY knowledgable. I believe I was his 20th fill just that week! Anyway, he told me that it is a misconception that everyone will have restriction with their first fill. He said that it is better if you don't. It is safer and getting a huge fill right out of the gate will only lead to bad things. He wished that we all knew that it was a slow and tedious process to get to the proverbial "sweet spot". Anyway, I got 1.2cc on my first fill in TJ. This doc gave me another 1.2cc and made me chug tons of water to make sure I was getting the right feeling with the water. He wanted me to be able to drink pretty rapidly and then feel it kind of stop....I felt waterlogged but he wanted to get it right! So I did the 2 days of liquids and let me tell you the 2nd fill is NOTHING like the 1st. I eat 3 or 4 bites of food and I am STUFFED like I ate a whole rack of ribs with all the fixin's! And it lasts for 4-5 hours before I feel a twinge of hunger. This is SO new to me. I am used to living in hunger. I was like a bottomless pit! So don't be stressed....we were just under the assumption that 1 fill would be some sort of miracle....the doctor stressed to me that if I got a huge fill right away I would have had many problems and really could have hurt myself. Keep in mind that your health and using this new tool in the correct fashion is WAY more important that losing weight quickly. We want to lose the weight in a good manner and KEEP IT OFF! You will get there...just know that it may be 1 or 2 more fills to get to the sweet spot.

Nikki

Oooh, Nikki,

Thank you so much for the reassurance... especially since I know you. I am grateful that You shared your 2nd visit with me.

I have determined that I will no longer worry about who will do my fill. I have so much to worry about here as I pack up my mother's whole life, and enough anxiety to go around to everyone. I will think of my next fill as a joyful experience in the improvement of my health.

You are a good friend

Hey, Paula!

I had no restriction whatsoever with our first fill. I went to the closest Fill Centers USA location which was just outside of Charlotte, NC (4 hours away thank you very much...) and the doctor there was SUPER nice and seemed REALLY knowledgable. I believe I was his 20th fill just that week! Anyway, he told me that it is a misconception that everyone will have restriction with their first fill. He said that it is better if you don't. It is safer and getting a huge fill right out of the gate will only lead to bad things. He wished that we all knew that it was a slow and tedious process to get to the proverbial "sweet spot". Anyway, I got 1.2cc on my first fill in TJ. This doc gave me another 1.2cc and made me chug tons of water to make sure I was getting the right feeling with the water. He wanted me to be able to drink pretty rapidly and then feel it kind of stop....I felt waterlogged but he wanted to get it right! So I did the 2 days of liquids and let me tell you the 2nd fill is NOTHING like the 1st. I eat 3 or 4 bites of food and I am STUFFED like I ate a whole rack of ribs with all the fixin's! And it lasts for 4-5 hours before I feel a twinge of hunger. This is SO new to me. I am used to living in hunger. I was like a bottomless pit! So don't be stressed....we were just under the assumption that 1 fill would be some sort of miracle....the doctor stressed to me that if I got a huge fill right away I would have had many problems and really could have hurt myself. Keep in mind that your health and using this new tool in the correct fashion is WAY more important that losing weight quickly. We want to lose the weight in a good manner and KEEP IT OFF! You will get there...just know that it may be 1 or 2 more fills to get to the sweet spot.

Nikki

Thank you!! THis post has really given me a lot of encouragement. I have been quite upset that my first fill did nothing. I am scheduled for my second fill on June 27th and am hopeful it will be like yours this time. Thanks so much!!!

Thank you!! THis post has really given me a lot of encouragement. I have been quite upset that my first fill did nothing. I am scheduled for my second fill on June 27th and am hopeful it will be like yours this time. Thanks so much!!!

I am glad it helped! I was feeling really, really nervous about this whole thing before I got my second fill. I was starting to wonder if I did the right thing by getting banded....but now I see how this tool can help....just a slower process than I expected. I feel like I did a lot of research about the surgery, what foods we can eat and so on...but I just didn't think it would take multiple fills right out of the gate to get this thing going! Now that it has been 9 days since the 2nd fill, I can tell you that sometimes I can eat easy things like eggs with no problem and I am sitting down to eat some now and they are not going down well. It is just a really weird thing...no predictability whatsoever....all I know is that I am eating LESS and feeling hungry LESS! That is all I want! LOL