How to take the Bus/Trolley/Walk and across the border to get to the OCC

I recently made this trip and it was very easy and I felt entirely safe. I do want to add one thing. I chose to do some shopping and walk back to the border from Revolution Ave. When I got back to the border, there is a little 'cottage industry' of folks who have express passes who want to charge you $5 or $10 to take a one or two block ride (to the little side door where the OCC driver dropped you off to cross back into the US.) This is not necessary, the line moves quickly - it only took me about 20 minutes to get across, on the saturday before Cinco de Mayo.

• 4 months later...

What does it mean to test your fill? I will be doing my first fill and I don't know what you mean by that.

What that means is,, its best to try to eat something before you leave San Diego/TJ. If your too tight and you've flown home, you could end up having to find a doctor that will do an "unfill". Bands can be fickle and when you get close to your sweet spot, somedays you'll find you can eat more than you should and then there will be days where you can't eat much. But getting a fill and being too tight can be a major pain in the butt. That's why everyone that travels a long way stays over one night or two, it's to stick around the area and see if they don't have any complications from the fill they had the days before. I know most doctors will tell you to be on liquids for a few days after a fill, which is a good idea, in case your stomach becomes irritated. I've seen some patients have reactions to an aggressive fill and end up having half of their fill removed. That's why I always tell everyone that wants an aggressive fill to be really careful, take baby steps to that sweet spot.

What that means is,, its best to try to eat something before you leave San Diego/TJ. If your too tight and you've flown home, you could end up having to find a doctor that will do an "unfill". Bands can be fickle and when you get close to your sweet spot, somedays you'll find you can eat more than you should and then there will be days where you can't eat much. But getting a fill and being too tight can be a major pain in the butt. That's why everyone that travels a long way stays over one night or two, it's to stick around the area and see if they don't have any complications from the fill they had the days before. I know most doctors will tell you to be on liquids for a few days after a fill, which is a good idea, in case your stomach becomes irritated. I've seen some patients have reactions to an aggressive fill and end up having half of their fill removed. That's why I always tell everyone that wants an aggressive fill to be really careful, take baby steps to that sweet spot.

Thank you for the advice. So it I am on a liquid diet and I'm there only for the day, can I test with liquids? Would I be able to tell?

• 5 months later...
  • Chad unpinned this topic