September Fill Patients - Coordinate here

Hi :)

Use this area to coordinate fill trips with other September fill patients. The cost of the clinic shuttle service is $130 round trip - cash to the driver. The cost of this can be shared. Just contact Rene at the clinic once you are ready to schedule. Our driver can carry up to 6 passengers. Here's a link to a great post by marys about bus/trolley information

Bus/Trolley info

I will be at the San Diego Airport on Thursday SEPT 7th with another fellow bander for fills that day. Would anyone be able to coordinate a ride with us. We'd sure appreciate it! And we could split the costs. If someone is going Thursday for surgery, even better! We can meet you and support you and tell you all about our great experience! We were both banded on July 26th and are on our way for our first fill!

Please email me at mp6666@hotmail.com

:D

I will be at the San Diego Airport on Thursday SEPT 7th with another fellow bander for fills that day. Would anyone be able to coordinate a ride with us. We'd sure appreciate it! And we could split the costs. If someone is going Thursday for surgery, even better! We can meet you and support you and tell you all about our great experience! We were both banded on July 26th and are on our way for our first fill!

Please email me at mp6666@hotmail.com

:D

I see your from Seattle, Washington. I am scheduled for surgery August 23rd, but it would be nice to stay in touch and coordinate rides for my first fill and possibly your 2nd. Keep in touch my email is kochfamily123@comcast.net

Bethy

Hi!

I will be in at around 10, but am waiting for my fill buddy to arrive at 12:30.

If you'd like to talk to someone who just had surgery...I had it done on July 26th!

Email me at mp6666@hotmail.com if you'd like.

Enjoy these last couple weeks B)

Michele

I am not getting a fill, but I am looking for someone to navigate the trolley & border crossing with on Sept 4th for my consultation. I am willing to pick up from the airport if you fly in that morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my wild FILL idea of the day....

4 bandsters meet in San Diego at the airport at the same time for pick up to get a ride to the clinic

$32.50

($130 divided by 4)

Get filled at the clinic and get driven back to the airport

Take the shuttle to a fantastic hotel, the double Tree in San Diego and stay the night

$30.00

($120 at my fantastic rate divided by 4)

Ride to airport on the hotel shuttle the next day

$5.00 per person

So for transportation and lodging it's only....$67.50 each

Which of course doesn't include the fill or plane fare but....you get to have the experience with 3 LB friends!

Ok...maybe it's a long shot, but I love to save money and have fun.

Michele B)

Hi- I'm going back AGAIN for another fill - thank goodness i got a cheap deal on airfare - 203.00 from utah to san diego on SEPTEMBER 11 -I'm arriving early at 9:00am and will take the bus trolley to tj - easy as pie and cheap cheap cheap. If anyone wants to tag along, let me know. my return flight is at 3:00 so I can leave the doc's office anytime up until 12:30, let me know. Mary

P.S. this better be (well, it will be) my last fill for this year - i hope it is just right -

Here is my wild FILL idea of the day....

4 bandsters meet in San Diego at the airport at the same time for pick up to get a ride to the clinic

$32.50

($130 divided by 4)

Get filled at the clinic and get driven back to the airport

Take the shuttle to a fantastic hotel, the double Tree in San Diego and stay the night

$30.00

($120 at my fantastic rate divided by 4)

Ride to airport on the hotel shuttle the next day

$5.00 per person

So for transportation and lodging it's only....$67.50 each

Which of course doesn't include the fill or plane fare but....you get to have the experience with 3 LB friends!

Ok...maybe it's a long shot, but I love to save money and have fun.

Michele B)

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PLAN MICHELE!!!

Hi Eve,

Dr. Ortiz charges $100 for a fill. Transportation is available for I believe, $130.00 round trip bbbor you can make your way on your own using the bus from the airport and connecting to the trolley then catching a cab after you easily walk across the border....The office will call a cab for you to take you to the border and you can reverse the process....the cost for the bus trolley cab combo is approx 10.00! It takes about 1.5-2.0 hours maximum to go back and forth so allow that much time.

b

Hi there, I was thinking of coming down the 22nd. fromn Orlando. How much is the fill at Dr. Ortiz's? Anyone else going to be there? I have not booked yet but need to get there before the last week of Sept. Let me know! Eve

I posted this in my little blurb about my consult yesterday, but thought it would be worth noting here as well:

Round Trip Trolley: $5.00

Taxi to OCC: $5.00

Taxi from OCC: $5.00

Border van (this will vary): $10.00

Total cost of "self transportation": $25.00

Total time to get there: 90 minutes (from 5th and C trolley stop)

Total time to get back: 2 to 2.5 hours

Hi there, I was thinking of coming down the 22nd. fromn Orlando. How much is the fill at Dr. Ortiz's? Anyone else going to be there? I have not booked yet but need to get there before the last week of Sept. Let me know! Eve

Hello Eve, my freind and I are going down there on the 22 from Virginia. we will be in San Deigo around 10:30 on the 22nd flying on Delta. I understand the fill is $100. Just let me know if you are interested in hitching a ride. Will this be your first fill and Dr. Ortiz band you..how has it been going since. Dixie Darlin

;) Hey Dixie, Please excuse the delay in getting back to you! This is my first fill an Dr. Ortiz did my sx on July 13th. I have had no restriction for over 2 weeks and have a done a great job in gaining most of my weight back... I am going to look into flights and I'll get back to you. Are you going to be staying at the Lucerne post- op or are you going back stateside that day? Eve PS Thanks for the offer :)

Hello Eve, my freind and I are going down there on the 22 from Virginia. we will be in San Deigo around 10:30 on the 22nd flying on Delta. I understand the fill is $100. Just let me know if you are interested in hitching a ride. Will this be your first fill and Dr. Ortiz band you..how has it been going since. Dixie Darlin

I just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful information. I was banded on Aug. 24, 2006, by Dr. Ortiz. I was nervous and anxious at the same time. I am usually very quiet and don't say much, but I have received so much info by reading everyone's posts. I am scheduled to have my first fill on the 29th of this month and am a little scared. If anyone is going to be down in Tijuana at this time I would like to talk to you and get to know my fellow bandsters. Also if there is anyone from AZ I would also be interested in hearing your stories. Thanks again. :)

I just wanted to thank everyone for their helpful information. I was banded on Aug. 24, 2006, by Dr. Ortiz. I was nervous and anxious at the same time. I am usually very quiet and don't say much, but I have received so much info by reading everyone's posts. I am scheduled to have my first fill on the 29th of this month and am a little scared. If anyone is going to be down in Tijuana at this time I would like to talk to you and get to know my fellow bandsters. Also if there is anyone from AZ I would also be interested in hearing your stories. Thanks again. :)

I was just banded 9/18 and what a great experience it was. I am from Surprise, AZ. I will probably try getting a fill in November. Husband is getting banded 10/6 so I want to try to wait for him to also need a fill and we can go together.

SLL,

Hi, I am from Cave Creek Arizona and just got back from Tijuana a few days ago from my second fill. I have had both of my fills done in Tijuana. Me and my husband fly into San Diego and stay the night there and just drive to Tijuana the next day to do my fill. Then after the fill is done, we head straight to the airport and head back to Arizona. The last two trips have been great and spent less than an hour to get across the border. My second fill was 4.2 cc's and believe you me....I feel restricted. What part of Arizona are you from? Keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care and talk to you soon!

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

SLL,

Hi, I am from Cave Creek Arizona and just got back from Tijuana a few days ago from my second fill. I have had both of my fills done in Tijuana. Me and my husband fly into San Diego and stay the night there and just drive to Tijuana the next day to do my fill. Then after the fill is done, we head straight to the airport and head back to Arizona. The last two trips have been great and spent less than an hour to get across the border. My second fill was 4.2 cc's and believe you me....I feel restricted. What part of Arizona are you from? Keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care and talk to you soon!

Deb

I am from Gilbert, I went to TJ for my first fill on Sept. 29, 2006. I got two cc's. Thanks for replying. How often have you gone back for fills? I enjoy all of the info I can get. :)

I was just banded 9/18 and what a great experience it was. I am from Surprise, AZ. I will probably try getting a fill in November. Husband is getting banded 10/6 so I want to try to wait for him to also need a fill and we can go together.

I wish you and your husband the best of luck in your journey and my support and blessings are with you. Maybe I will be able to meet you one of these days on a fill trip.

SLL,

Deb

I noticed that you were filled by Dr Romero. Was that at the Haucuz Surgical Center? Are they in their new Facility? I am trying to wait for my first fill until Dec. But I think I will have to go sooner. I think I am eating too much. I was banded by Dr Haucuz on August 22.

Venetia