BC Canada Where do I get Fills

I am from Vanderhoof BC canada and am wondering where I would go to get a fill nerest to me? Anyone out there from up here or know of any info??

I don't know where Vanderhoof is, but the nearest place that I can think of for you is in Arlington, WA. Probably to far for you to go, but that is who I use. They are wonderful.

I am from Vanderhoof BC canada and am wondering where I would go to get a fill nerest to me? Anyone out there from up here or know of any info??

I live just outside of Kelowna and I go to Dr. Woodhead in Delta/Ladner. He wasn't accepting new patients that had their surgery in Mexico last time I heard but it would be worth a try because when I went for a fill he was amazed at how easy the port was to fill. The whole thing took maybe 15 minutes. There is also a few Doctors in Calgary that do fills as well.

Hello there.

I am in Victoria and am also attempting to arrange postop care and lap band fills here in BC. There are no physicians that I can find who will do the fills; however, I spoke with Dr. Cobourn from the Obesity Clinic in Toronto just today (July 16th) and he trained a nurse here in Victoria to do the fills. I have her name and email address somewhere, and in fact just messaged her tonight to set up initial contact and verify if she is the right person. I also asked if she is willing to take on patients other than those of Dr. Cobourn, and what she charges for a fill. I can let you know once I receive a reply.

If you want to chat, my number at home is 250-294-0305.

Best regards, Lorraine

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I am in Vancouver, BC, and considering getting surgery at OCC. One of the main areas of concern I have is post-op care, as it would be difficult for me to travel to Mexico several times for fills (or unfills) or whatever else may happen. To my fellow BC'ers, I was wondering if you would mind sharing what your experiences have been with getting the surgery in Mexico and obtaining post-op care in BC or nearby. I want to make sure that I have follow-up care taken care of before taking the plunge.

Thanks!

Vangirl.

Hi,

I am in Vancouver, BC, and considering getting surgery at OCC. One of the main areas of concern I have is post-op care, as it would be difficult for me to travel to Mexico several times for fills (or unfills) or whatever else may happen. To my fellow BC'ers, I was wondering if you would mind sharing what your experiences have been with getting the surgery in Mexico and obtaining post-op care in BC or nearby. I want to make sure that I have follow-up care taken care of before taking the plunge.

Thanks!

Vangirl.

Hi welcome to the forum, I live in Point Roberts, and the nearest location to us in this neck of the woods is the Arlington WA. location http://northwestfills.com/education.php. They are wonderful, and hopefully soon they will travel to bellingham.

I am very happy with the band and the after care I get a nw fill center.

Hi welcome to the forum, I live in Point Roberts, and the nearest location to us in this neck of the woods is the Arlington WA. location http://northwestfills.com/education.php. They are wonderful, and hopefully soon they will travel to bellingham.

I am very happy with the band and the after care I get a nw fill center.

Thanks, Linda

That looks like the closest location to me as well. The Dr. (Woodhead) that was previously doing fills for people out here apparently isn't anymore.

• 1 month later...
I live just outside of Kelowna and I go to Dr. Woodhead in Delta/Ladner. He wasn't accepting new patients that had their surgery in Mexico last time I heard but it would be worth a try because when I went for a fill he was amazed at how easy the port was to fill. The whole thing took maybe 15 minutes. There is also a few Doctors in Calgary that do fills as well.

Hello Music Lover,

I live in Langley and will need to find a fill Dr. for some time in January when I will need the first fill. My surgery date is the day after Christmas( YUK) anyway, if you could give me the contact details of the Dr. in Surrey that would be perfect location for me. How much did he charge you? Let me know if you can any details you have.

Thanks

Rhonda

Hello Music Lover,

I live in Langley and will need to find a fill Dr. for some time in January when I will need the first fill. My surgery date is the day after Christmas( YUK) anyway, if you could give me the contact details of the Dr. in Surrey that would be perfect location for me. How much did he charge you? Let me know if you can any details you have.

Thanks

Rhonda

Will look up his card and get the info to you asap, likely tomorrow sometime.

Guest erinmohr
Will look up his card and get the info to you asap, likely tomorrow sometime.

I just booked a fill today with Dr. Mitchell in in Calgary. Lori emailed me a list of people to try in Canada (see below).

Ontario: Dr. Chris Cobourn 905-275-9283

Toronto: Dr. Jacobo Joffee & Dr. Patrick Yau - 416-920-4480 or 416-291-1900

Saskatchewan: Linda MacPhee (trained by Dr. Coburn) contact by email only: metzger123macphee@hotmail.com

Calgary: Dr. Paul Mitchell 403-264-6720

Alberta: Dr. Daviduck 780-460-4562

Alberta - may do fills - check to confirm:

> Dr. Farries - 403-347-9037

> Dr. Daviduck - 780-460-4562

> Dr. Birch - 780-735-5620

> Dr. Davey - 780-735-5620

> Dr. Ooustheizens - 780-568-2277

> Dr. Botha - 403-252-7442

• 2 months later...
Hello there.

I am in Victoria and am also attempting to arrange postop care and lap band fills here in BC. There are no physicians that I can find who will do the fills; however, I spoke with Dr. Cobourn from the Obesity Clinic in Toronto just today (July 16th) and he trained a nurse here in Victoria to do the fills. I have her name and email address somewhere, and in fact just messaged her tonight to set up initial contact and verify if she is the right person. I also asked if she is willing to take on patients other than those of Dr. Cobourn, and what she charges for a fill. I can let you know once I receive a reply.

If you want to chat, my number at home is 250-294-0305.

Best regards, Lorraine

Hi Lorraine, I would love to talk to you about this and your surgery. I will try and call you this week some time... Tracy from Nanaimo.