16 and getting a second chance at the lap band- questions and encouragement needed!

You Can Do It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie Burns is 46...OMG!! I would have thought you were only in your 20's...wow, you look very young!!!

Cathy ;)

I am with you, Cathy.. surprised by the 46!

I wish someone would tell me I don't look my age... lol

• 4 weeks later...
Kelsey.... :lb9:

So brave of you to post but I am so glad you did. I can't imagine how sad you must have been when you didn't qualify for this free placement. Well it sound like you've done your research and now are on track to a new you. Great job. I love you honesty. I have long since been your age (I'm 46) but do remember how painful it was to be overweight at your age. I always was aware of it even though I wasn't too overweight in those years it still hurt me plenty of times. What a great choice to get this done now! What awesome parents you have to be supporting you to do this. Anyway the Oprah shoe when Cassie is on is August 11th!! If you are not home by then from your surgery try and record it.

Keep us posted on the days ahead and my advice is to start your pre-op diet a little sooner so you won't stress about losing the weight. Also look in the questions section and type in pre-op and there's good info to be found if you havn't already. I also love the testimonials section.

Take care!!

Julie- tried to send you a message but your mailbox is full. Ellen