October Fill Patients

Trizzy,

I am have my second fill scheduled for 10:00am on the 21st of Sept. I will probably do the same thing I did when I went down for my first fill. Me and my hubby rented a car and just drove to the OCC. It seemed so much easier to do it that way. I wish you continued success in your weight loss journey.

Deb

I am having my first fill on 21st of October. Flying in at 0815 and flying out that night. Anyone wanting to tag along for the trolley and taxi ride let me know...

Okay--I am flying down to San Diego on the 21st of October at 9:30 am. My fill is scheduled for 11:30 am, then I am flying out at 5:00pm that same night. Anyone else going around then?

Tombourn--my plane doesn't get in til 9:27 am--if you want to hang around for me I would love to tag along with the trolley and taxi! If you don't --no worries! :D

Trizzy

I can wait around no problem.. just got to call Rene and see if he can back my appointment up. I'll get back to ya. I was planning on treating myself to a "legitimate" massage after the fill either in Mexico or San Diego so I might part ways on the trip back...but that may change who knows...

Tom

tom and trizz - I may join you on the 21st but I want to see how my restriction is as I move into solids. Tom, are you going on Frontier from DIA? We might even be on the same flights. I'm waiting another week or 2 and hopefully the tickets stay cheap.

Tom, the massage is a great idea. I'm trying to come up with more 'rewards" not attached to food!

ClaireinCo---I hope you will be able to make it on the 21st!!! It would be so great to meet other Ortiz bandsters! I am hoping we can get a lot of people to come on that day--to help spread the cost--and to get to know one another!! I can't wait til my fill---I SOOOOO need the restriction!!!!

Tombourn--did you ever reschedule your fill appt?? Let me know--the date looms near when we finally get our fill! YEE-HAW!!!

Best of luck to us all!!!

Hi Karen: I am scheduled for an unfill for the morning of the 14th. What time does your plane arrive? We could either do the trolley thing (I've done it many times) or my family could drive us down to the boarder and we could catch a taxi from there. We are going to be on vacation so we are already there with a rental car. Let me know...Amy in Utah

Hey, what happen to the yahoo board. I went to get on and it had disappeared!

Surgery 9/26/03

Goal 10/26/05

218/133

I am planning a fill on Sat Oct 14th. I am flying into SD that a.m. and returning that p.m. Anyone interested in splitting the cost of the ride? I will be solo so I need someone! I'll take the trolley too, if anyone else wants to do that instead of pay for the ride.

Thanks

Karen

I will be going for my first fill most likely on Tuesday, October 24th. I will be there with my aunt who is getting banded on the 23rd. So I will be at the Lucerna, but would love to know if someone else might be there getting filled. I am nervous about my fills.

Becki

Hi Amy,

I haven't booked a flight yet so right now it's flexible. I'd take the trolley with you since you seem so familiar with it! What time are you flying in? What time is your fill?

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen: I am scheduled for an unfill for the morning of the 14th. What time does your plane arrive? We could either do the trolley thing (I've done it many times) or my family could drive us down to the boarder and we could catch a taxi from there. We are going to be on vacation so we are already there with a rental car. Let me know...Amy in Utah

Hey, what happen to the yahoo board. I went to get on and it had disappeared!

Surgery 9/26/03

Goal 10/26/05

218/133

Like I said, I will already be there as of 10/10. We will be on vacation. My appointment is at 9am on Saturday the 14th so that my family would still do other things that day. The Trolley takes a few hours. We can just pick you up at the airport and my family will shop at the boarder while we taxi in. Maybe you could pay for the Taxi (I usually pay $10.00 both ways). I just prefer not to go across the boarder alone. I realize you don't know me at all, but I am a Mormon from Utah so a pretty safe bet =o) Let me know...Amy

PS When were you banded? What fill number is this for you. How is it going living life with the band? I love mine, but it is a smidge to tight right now.

Hi Amy,

I haven't booked a flight yet so right now it's flexible. I'd take the trolley with you since you seem so familiar with it! What time are you flying in? What time is your fill?

Thanks

Karen

Well I haven't heard back from Rene yet, so I don't want to book at flight til then. I will email him again today. I will probably fly in as early that day as possible, like 7ish maybe? I agree, I don't want to go across the border alone!! I was just banded Sept 1. Not even at my 21 days yet.

So you've had yours for while, how is it? I know you're doing an unfill, but have you reached goal weight, etc...? The last couple weeks have been HARD. I ate food Sunday and irritated my stomach, and on liquids for another week now.

Thanks,

Karen

Hang in there Karen. It gets bettter. I remember everyone telling me that they were back to work in just a few days and feeling great. Well, it took me almost 2 months to feel like myself again. No one know I have had this surgery except my husband. Not even, my children ages 26 to 6. It's not like i'd die if anyone found out, I just figure it's nobody elses business. Anyway, try making hot chocolate with milk. It goes down easier because it is warm and you get some protein from the milk.

So, this is your first fill? You are just beginning the journey. I think I have had 5 fills and this will be my second unfill. I have been at goal for nearly a year. It took me just over 2 years to reach goal but I'm glad it came off slow. I feel like a whole new person! I love not worrying about how much I weigh or how much to eat etc. The band kind of takes over and lets you know very firmly. I thought I would miss food, pop and all my old bad habits but it hasn't been so bad. I LOVE MY BAND.

Where are you flying in from Karen. I am really familiar with the SouthWest Airlines Terminal at the San Diego Airport since that is how I usually fly. Keep me posted. I actually called to make the appointment for my fill this time. I got the number off the Obesity Control Center website (Contact Us part). I think they open at 9am so I'm right off the bat. I hope Dr. Martinez is there. He does such a wonderful job.

Write soon, Amy

Well I haven't heard back from Rene yet, so I don't want to book at flight til then. I will email him again today. I will probably fly in as early that day as possible, like 7ish maybe? I agree, I don't want to go across the border alone!! I was just banded Sept 1. Not even at my 21 days yet.

So you've had yours for while, how is it? I know you're doing an unfill, but have you reached goal weight, etc...? The last couple weeks have been HARD. I ate food Sunday and irritated my stomach, and on liquids for another week now.

Thanks,

Karen

Hang in there Karen. It gets bettter. I remember everyone telling me that they were back to work in just a few days and feeling great. Well, it took me almost 2 months to feel like myself again. No one know I have had this surgery except my husband. Not even, my children ages 26 to 6. It's not like i'd die if anyone found out, I just figure it's nobody elses business. Anyway, try making hot chocolate with milk. It goes down easier because it is warm and you get some protein from the milk.

So, this is your first fill? You are just beginning the journey. I think I have had 5 fills and this will be my second unfill. I have been at goal for nearly a year. It took me just over 2 years to reach goal but I'm glad it came off slow. I feel like a whole new person! I love not worrying about how much I weigh or how much to eat etc. The band kind of takes over and lets you know very firmly. I thought I would miss food, pop and all my old bad habits but it hasn't been so bad. I LOVE MY BAND.

Where are you flying in from Karen. I am really familiar with the SouthWest Airlines Terminal at the San Diego Airport since that is how I usually fly. Keep me posted. I actually called to make the appointment for my fill this time. I got the number off the Obesity Control Center website (Contact Us part). I think they open at 9am so I'm right off the bat. I hope Dr. Martinez is there. He does such a wonderful job.

Write soon, Amy

Hello everyone!

I live in Idaho and would like to schedule a fill in Oct with Dr. Ortiz but dont want to cross the boarder alone... if anyone would like to share the cost of the driver that would be great... since I am a women I am very frightened to go alone.

My dates are very open right now... so give send me an email or post a reply.

Thanks,

Tina AKA Tina

Teeners---I am going for a fill on October 21st. I too am going alone, flying down from Oregon. My plane gets in around 9:30 am and then I am leaving that night. If you would like to share rides to and from with me and maybe Tombourn(???haven't heard back) I would love it! Post a reply and let me know if it works with you!

Trizzy...

I have an rmail in to Rene to back up my appointment to 1130-or later from 1000am. I haven't heard back from him.. If nothing by end of this week, I'll write him again

Tom

Trizzy and Tina,

I have changed my scheduled fill. My apointment is at 1200 noon. I can therefore wait around for you guys. It will still be cheaper to take the trolley/ taxi unless we get one more...then it may make sense to pay the $120.00 Let me know whata think

Tom

trizzy and tombourn -- so far on solids I'm feeling decent restriction and eating about 1/2-1/3 of what I was eating pre-band. I'm gonna try to live without a fill as long as I can...but I want to here all about how it goes for you guys!

Hi Jess, I too am doing fine with my restriction. Eating only 1/3 of what I did. I am going to see how long I can go without a fill, or if I will need one if this keeps up. Weigh is coming off, and I feel great. Glad to hear you are too. :D

One of your sister bandsters (08/31)

Catherine

Hi Karen: Just checking if you still plan to get a fill on 10/14? Let me know...Amy

Thanks,

Karen

Not Karen... ,but HI

Just FYI , I group of us are going the morning of the 21st...If I could I'd switch it to the 14th as I need my first fill NOW, but I can't

Sorry to butt in ...but just thought the more the merrier on the trolley

Tom