November Fill Patients

Support and coordinate travel with other October Fill patients here.

here's a link to the great post by Marys about bus/trolley rides

Bus/Trolley Info.

Don't forget if you can coordinate with other patients to arrive at the airport at the same time, you can share the cost of our fill transport. Its $130 and can carry up to 6 passengers. Just get yourselves coordinated and schedule with Rene at the clinic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who is going to TJ on November 10 and returning on November 11 - anyone?

I was just banded on 9/28 and have figured 6 weeks out will take me to 11/9 ..

Any chance you could go on 11/10 instead? We could at least share the trip from SD to TJ - although I'll be returning on Saturday, 11/11.

I'm planning to go from the airport on 11/8 and back the same day. I haven't planned exact times yet, but I figure around 1 or 2 for the fill. I'm planning to take the bus and trolley there and back hopefully. I'll be finalyzing plans next week. I wouldn't mind company.

Jewel

Dr. Oriz, 9/13/06

My husband and I are going to be there for our fills on November 11. We are coming and going on the same day. Anyone else?

HI kcmomrn,

I am flying in on the 11th of Nov. arriving approx. 10 AM .. Appointment for 1 PM.. I was planning on taking the bus and trolley then returning to San Diego that afternoon.. Do they match your plans at all??

I am going to stay in San Diego overnight and fly out the next day..

Peggy

HI kcmomrn,

I am flying in on the 11th of Nov. arriving approx. 10 AM .. Appointment for 1 PM.. I was planning on taking the bus and trolley then returning to San Diego that afternoon.. Do they match your plans at all??

I am going to stay in San Diego overnight and fly out the next day..

Peggy

Peggy, We are actually flying in earlier as our appointment is for 10 am. We are almost immediatley leaving for our return flight? We may run into each other! Good luck!

Kelly

• 2 weeks later...

Monday, November 27 anyone? My apt. is 11am. Yours? Kevin

I'll be there the 27th for my first fill in the late morning (haven't actually gotten around to making the appointment yet). My mom's going to be down the street getting a crown in and since she's my ride I'll be there for a bit.

I'll be there the 27th for my first fill in the late morning (haven't actually gotten around to making the appointment yet). My mom's going to be down the street getting a crown in and since she's my ride I'll be there for a bit.

Clynn, I hope we can say "Hi" when we are there. Look forward to meeting you. Kevin

[denisemcse

I have changed my flight plans and am actually flying in approx 10 Am on 11/10 and leaving on 11/11... I'm not sure where I am staying yet, thinking about Best Western Americana..

Do you have definitive plans yet?

Let me know..

Peggy

hello peggy , i will arriving at 10am on the 10th and leave on the 11th i will be staying with denise at the lucerna

in tj so if you would like to share the ride you are more then welcome we can all hang out & go shop in tj after fills .

slm

sherrylynn_34203@yahoo.com

HI,

I just dashed down to TJ last Monday for a fill. When I got to the airport, I found that the bus ("Airporter") picks up right outside the baggage claim area of the main terminal. I took that bus to the AMERICAN PLAZA trolley station, and then caught the BLUE LINE trolley to the end of the line at San Yasidro. There, I walked across the border and got a cab to the office. I popped in for my fill, and the office called a cab for me when I was finished. The driver dropped me off about a block from the border (I had to go past the shops--oh, darn...). On a weekday there was virtually no line at the crossing, and I got the trolley for the return trip. Since I was early getting back, I got back to American Plaza, got off and walked a few blocks down to the harbor area. There, I went to a nice seafood restaurant, got a bowl of clam chowder and sat out on the deck overlooking the bay. I walked back up to AP, caught the bus and got to the airport (the commuter terminal for the return trip to LA). The bus/trolley was about $6 for the day and the taxi rides to and from the border to the clinic were $5 each. Lunch overlooking the bay on an 80 degree day: priceless...LOL

The transit system in San Diego is outstanding, and really easy to figure out, even for this small-town person. I live in a rural area where our idea of mass transit is a pickup truck with 3 cowboys and 4 Australian Shepards in it! If I can do it, anyone can.

Rene had emailed me directions from the border to the office, written in English AND Spanish. I had been told to get this in case I got a driver who wasn't billingual, but the one who took me to the clinic spoke better English than I do...

Once again, I had a quick but outstanding trip to the clinic.

Penny, Idaho

here's a link to the great post by Marys about bus/trolley rides

Bus/Trolley Info.

Don't forget if you can coordinate with other patients to arrive at the airport at the same time, you can share the cost of our fill transport. Its $130 and can carry up to 6 passengers. Just get yourselves coordinated and schedule with Rene at the clinic.[/color]

Hey CalKey-

I'll be getting my fill on the 27th also. My appointment is at 10am.

This will be interesting, because I also have the VG band. We can

keep each other posted on how much retriction we feel.

Hopefully I'll run into you there. :)

Kevin --okay here is the plan ---I have made a appointment for Wednesday November 29th at 10:00 am for my fill- the clinic didn't have appoinents for the Tuesday we spoke of----and the airlines don't have a flight available well at least thru SWA on Monday when your aapointment is - let me know if that wil work for you about sharing the ride over cause if not then I will have francisco pick me up

thanks again Kevin

B)

Kevin --okay here is the plan ---I have made a appointment for Wednesday November 29th at 10:00 am for my fill- the clinic didn't have appoinents for the Tuesday we spoke of----and the airlines don't have a flight available well at least thru SWA on Monday when your aapointment is - let me know if that wil work for you about sharing the ride over cause if not then I will have francisco pick me up

thanks again Kevin

B)

Cyndi, I just knew when we talked it would be hard to get a flight early that week and was hoping something would open up. That was originally why I asked for that date from Rene because I thought they might be less busy because of the holiday weekend and we are driving as you know. We should have coordinated earlier now I am stuck with the 27th as my wife is taking the day off to come down with me and I already have 5 business appointments set for the 29th. I know that I will need a second fine tuning fill. If you do too lets coordinate so we can ride down together if that sounds good. I'm sorry it didn't work out this time but we can look forward to seeing less of each other on future fills.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm looking forward to those mashed potatoes.

PS - Remember Linda from our band day well she is doing well and has good restriction and is getting her first fill the second week in December. I sent emails to our other B-Day surgery mates (the sisters) and only heard from them the first week after surgery but not since.

Hey CalKey-

I'll be getting my fill on the 27th also. My appointment is at 10am.

This will be interesting, because I also have the VG band. We can

keep each other posted on how much retriction we feel.

Hopefully I'll run into you there. :)

Lapoli, Yes you will run into me there as I am on the table right after you at 11AM. Would love to exchange notes on restriction and how much of a fill we each receive. When did you have your surgery?

Look forward to meeting you and exchanging info.

Boy am I looking forward to restriction as I have none and this is my first fill. How about you is this your first? Any restriction?

Have a filling Thanksgiving because Monday we get squeezed. Kevin

Lapoli, Yes you will run into me there as I am on the table right after you at 11AM. Would love to exchange notes on restriction and how much of a fill we each receive. When did you have your surgery?

Look forward to meeting you and exchanging info.

Boy am I looking forward to restriction as I have none and this is my first fill. How about you is this your first? Any restriction?

Have a filling Thanksgiving because Monday we get squeezed. Kevin

I had my surgery on the 29th of September. I pushed my fill date out so I could enjoy Thanksgiving.

As far as restriction goes.....I really don't have any at all. This is going to be my first fill...so I am hoping that they will give me a nice healthy fill, like Tombourn got.

I did notice that occasionally in the evening I feel some restriction, but not a whole lot.

Look forward to meeting you and exchanging stories.

I haven't weighed my self in about 3 weeks. I am going to weigh myself this week though and

see where I am at.

I had my surgery on the 29th of September. I pushed my fill date out so I could enjoy Thanksgiving.

As far as restriction goes.....I really don't have any at all. This is going to be my first fill...so I am hoping that they will give me a nice healthy fill, like Tombourn got.

I did notice that occasionally in the evening I feel some restriction, but not a whole lot.

I haven't weighed my self in about 3 weeks. I am going to weigh myself this week though and

see where I am at.

Let us know how you do on your weigh-in. I am eager for a healthy fill also. Not getting any real sensation of limitation but I recognize this is ordinary for the VG. Look forward to meeting you also and comparing notes. Just one week to go. See you soon! Happy Thanksgiving! Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

see where I am at.

Let us know how you do on your weigh-in. I am eager for a healthy fill also. Not getting any real sensation of limitation but I recognize this is ordinary for the VG. Look forward to meeting you also and comparing notes. Just one week to go. See you soon! Happy Thanksgiving! Kevin

Hi Kevin!

It was nice meeting you and your Mom on Monday. You were gone when I came out from getting my fill. I ask your mom to say bye for me and let you know how much of a fill I got.

I got 4.8 cc's tomorrow I will find out if I have any restriction at all.

I think I will because I have to drink my Slimfast shakes slower then normal.

How did your fill go, how much did you get??

Also, did the pink drink mess with your tummy?

It really messed up mine for a day or two.

Clynn, I hope we can say "Hi" when we are there. Look forward to meeting you. Kevin

Hey CalKev, sorry I missed you last week. I had a little "adventure" with the mexican taxi and ended up getting there much later than I thought. Hope you are adjusting well after the fill.

To everyone else going down for a fill and opting not to take the clinic shuttle: bring the phone number of the clinic, specifically the number to call while you are in Mexico, as well as plenty of quarters. The payphones down there thankfully take American quarters. I've heard plenty of great stories about the local taxis but unexpected things do happen.