Shoulder blade pain

vix

Wow! I thought I had been pretty lucky so far with having such a small amount of discomfort, but today I have the most horrific left shoulder blade gas pain that shoots up my neck and into my left arm. I've had this little "pocket" of gas that I've felt below the left shoulder blade since surgery, and it's been a bit bothersome, but not complete PAIN like it is today. Has anyone else experienced this type of discomfort? I guess the body must have all sorts of weird pockets where the air can settle. It's a real ouchy for sure!

I've had shoulder pain all along, some days it's barely there, other days it talks to me all day. My Dr told me some people have the gas pain as long as 6 weeks out, while others are good after a week post op.

I'm sorry for your discomfort, I hope you get some relief soon

~Kim

I have no clue what a Samantha Jones vibrator is and when I looked it up on google...well I'm sure that's not what you were referring to...LOL...but what a GREAT suggestion for using the heating pad...I'm doing it right now. It has helped the gas in the front every evening so why not the back. THANK YOU!!!!!! :P

I posted this earlier. Pay attention if it happens right after you drink or eat. I found if I drank to much or something thicker than I should I would get bad shoulder pains. Just pay attention to those little details and you might be able to get it under control. It took me almost a month to get over it completely.

Yes I too had the shoulder pain and it was terrible! Phazyme helped alot as well as heat. Sometimes eating helped, sometimes it made it worse. Try not to gulp or swallow air, don't drink through a straw! I will say after about day 14 it gets much better!! Hang in there!.....

I was banded in May and I still get the shoulder pain <_< I haven't figured out what triggers it yet. It's not

as often, but it still happens. I just rub it when and wait for the pain to stop. Hope you feel better soon.

:o I too have a problem with shoulder pain..i get it after every fill and it stuck around for 3 days after this last fill..i dont understand it either but it is rather bothersom when it comes on!!

UGH!!! It was so bad last night that I had to take a pain pill before bed! I hadn't had to take ANY pain pills before that and it makes me mad that I had to for stupid gas pain! It helped to lie flat on my back. This morning I tried to associate it with food, but it hurt before I ate and after. I decided to go walk to try to get rid of it and I went to a mall and walked for 2 hours and it STILL is there. It shoots up into my neck and is so bad that I am literally sick to my stomach from it. I researched it and found that this is a very common place for it to settle after lapband surgery and a lot of people have it. It is caused from the gas (carbon dioxide) that they use to blow up your belly when they do the surgery. GasX or gas strips will not help this kind of pain because it is not in your pouch but in the abdominal cavity (as I had earlier suspected), so pretty much nothing we can do but wait for it to go away and according to some people I read about, it was weeks... :((

Anyway...off to take my second pain pill and I'm not very happy about having to do it... :angry:

• 3 months later...

I have been banded since 07 and after my last 2 fills I have had a pain in my upper back or right below my left shoulder blade. I was reading this and saw that it was not just me. I am thinking it gets worse when I get hungry. That is really weird to me! I have been a little worried that something was wrong with my band. Does anyone else have this issue?

I was banded in May and I still get the shoulder pain <_< I haven't figured out what triggers it yet. It's not

as often, but it still happens. I just rub it when and wait for the pain to stop. Hope you feel better soon.

I have been banded since 07 and after my last 2 fills I have had a pain in my upper back or right below my left shoulder blade. I was reading this and saw that it was not just me. I am thinking it gets worse when I get hungry. That is really weird to me! I have been a little worried that something was wrong with my band. Does anyone else have this issue?

Are you taking in your proper dose of vitamins, water and protein intake? Someone else had this issued and explained if you don't keep up with the daily requirements of vitamins, supplements and water, your body lacks and suffers...

This may be of some help to you, I was banded in April and have since been experiencing this sharp pain in my left shoulder up my neck and occasionally down my arm. I have found that when I am hungry this is what triggers the pain. And while I at first thought this was silly because I truly thought it was gas pain, a fill dr told me that is was absolutely possible because there is a muscle or tendon that runs differently after your surgery which tends to rus when your stomach is flat and empty. I obviously don't know or remember the specifics or even great detail but I have found that this is my problem with the sharp neck pain. If I eat something even something small it helps the pain tremendously. If you are months off of surgery and still experiencing this problem I suggest having just a small snack and see if that helps! Hope this stops your pain even if I can't explain it!!

Jacklyn

That episode is awesome! I love it when she uses it to quiet Miranda's kid down! :)

It doesn't LOOK naughty! Look up Hitachi Magic Wand. There was a SITC episode where Samantha buys a vibrator. She didn't want one of the silly phallic ones, she wanted one with POWER :lol:

It doesn't LOOK naughty! Look up Hitachi Magic Wand. There was a SITC episode where Samantha buys a vibrator. She didn't want one of the silly phallic ones, she wanted one with POWER :lol:

...but if you get one that needs to be kickstarted or run on on 220v, it may be time to admit you have a problem. *smirk*

• 11 years later...

I had a band in Dec and gas pain for 12 days after surgery!!!! still get it whenever I eat too big a bite or dont chew enough but only for about 5 mins but its excruciating all around left shoulder and up my neck. Kind of saw it as a good sign I needed to slow down as was getting complacent. Since 2nd fill beg of March it's been much more constant even overnight or 1st thing in morning. Gotta wrap left arm around right shoulder like a straight jacket to get any relief. Have a massage booked today to see if there's a pocket of gas trapped somewhere but will def think about vitamin and water intake as prob not getting enough of either.