Slow Cooker Cordon Bleu

Jann

I made this tonight for supper and it's so GOOD! I didn't eat the stuffing but the spices permeated the soup and went right into the chicken which was unbelievably tender! I panfried some sliced button mushrooms and put them between the swiss cheese and the ham although the original recipe didn't call for it. This was a real treat for me.

• 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 4 ounces of sliced ham
  • 4 ounces of Swiss cheese
  • 1 package of herbed dry bread stuffing mix (I used Stuff n Such, chicken)
  • 1/4 cup of butter, melted

1. Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom.
  2. Layer the chicken breasts over the sauce. Cover with slices of ham and then the Swiss cheese.
  3. Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers. Sprinkle the stuffing on top and drizzle the butter over the stuffing.
  4. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or 2 to 3 hours on high.

Ok, now I'm starving, seeing all these slow cooker recipes.

I'm going in for my 1st fill this Friday and I'm doing liquids until

then.

I thought that chicken was a problem food. But being they

are in a slow cooker does that make them easier to eat? I have

had no restriction up until now, and I know that after my fill I will.

So, tell me I can eat these delicious sounding recipes!!!!!

Tara

Well, it's definitely not for you now. I was told after your fill, you would go on liquids because you may feel tight. In fact, depending on your fill, you maybe go in progression like you when you start postop - liquids, then full liquids and progress with solid foods. I am just remembering what Julie went through and it's a good precautionary thing to remember. But, everyone's body is different and you may have a good fill and go from there. Good luck with your fill!

Ok, now I'm starving, seeing all these slow cooker recipes.

I'm going in for my 1st fill this Friday and I'm doing liquids until

then.

I thought that chicken was a problem food. But being they

are in a slow cooker does that make them easier to eat? I have

had no restriction up until now, and I know that after my fill I will.

So, tell me I can eat these delicious sounding recipes!!!!!

Tara

You can! Just chew well of course. Remember to heal after your fill first though.

Jann

This was our dinner tonight and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!!!!

My husband was saying how good it was the whole time he was eating it. His words..."That's a keeper" and "You can make that anytime"

I'm so glad you liked it. My hubby says that too when I find a recipe he really likes! Too funny.

Jann

I made this yesterday and was surprised how the men really liked it. Most men are so fickle when you try knew recipes and such. I didn't tell anyone it was new, just a 'family' recipe I hadn't done in awhile (Sorry Jann...didn't mean to lie...but thought all of you as my 'family' (smile).

My adopted Dad passed away a week ago Friday and his Celebration for Life was yesterday. It was beautifully done. Basically, I brought all the ingredients with me to my adopted Dad's home and prepared it there. I didn't have the swiss cheese and replaced it with Blue Cheese crumbled and Ranch dressing they had. When we came home and opened the door, oh!, the smell from that crockpot was soooo delicious! I had doubled the recipe and it was ALL gone when I left for home.

IT WAS A HIT Jann! Thanks for this simple, quick crockpot meal!

I made this last week for my family and we LOVED it! The chicken was so tender it went down easily for me. Thanks Jann for sharing the recipe!

Denise

I made this yesterday and was surprised how the men really liked it. Most men are so fickle when you try knew recipes and such. I didn't tell anyone it was new, just a 'family' recipe I hadn't done in awhile (Sorry Jann...didn't mean to lie...but thought all of you as my 'family' (smile).

My adopted Dad passed away a week ago Friday and his Celebration for Life was yesterday. It was beautifully done. Basically, I brought all the ingredients with me to my adopted Dad's home and prepared it there. I didn't have the swiss cheese and replaced it with Blue Cheese crumbled and Ranch dressing they had. When we came home and opened the door, oh!, the smell from that crockpot was soooo delicious! I had doubled the recipe and it was ALL gone when I left for home.

IT WAS A HIT Jann! Thanks for this simple, quick crockpot meal!

Mi recipe su recipe, no worries at all! I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Jude. <hugs> I'm really happy everyone liked the food. I know when I make it hubby pretty much licks the crock pot clean!

Jann

I made this last week for my family and we LOVED it! The chicken was so tender it went down easily for me. Thanks Jann for sharing the recipe!

Denise

Excellent Denise! That's one of the things I love about crockpot cooking. It does go a long way to tenderizing the meat making it easier for us to manage. I'm so glad this one is such a hit! YAY!

Jann