1 c. thin onion slices

1 1/2 c. hot water

1 1/2 tsp. salt

Pepper to taste

2 1/2 c. milk

2 (6 1/2 oz.) cans crab meat

2 (17 oz.) cans creamed corn

2 tbsp. minced parsley

In a large kettle, about 3 quart size, combine potatoes, onions, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook covered about 10 minutes. Add milk, crab meat, corn and parsley. Cook over low heat until piping hot. Serves 6 to 8.

Helpful hints: Flavor chowder with 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes. For a tasty touch you may also add 1/4 teaspoon of dried dill OR dried marjoram.

Guest CaraMBA09
CRAB CHOWDER

2 c. raw potato cubes

1 c. thin onion slices

1 1/2 c. hot water

1 1/2 tsp. salt

Pepper to taste

2 1/2 c. milk

2 (6 1/2 oz.) cans crab meat

2 (17 oz.) cans creamed corn

2 tbsp. minced parsley

In a large kettle, about 3 quart size, combine potatoes, onions, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook covered about 10 minutes. Add milk, crab meat, corn and parsley. Cook over low heat until piping hot. Serves 6 to 8.

Helpful hints: Flavor chowder with 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes. For a tasty touch you may also add 1/4 teaspoon of dried dill OR dried marjoram.

oooo Jann, that sounds very yummy. I will have to try that

Oh girl! I've been using Frank's hot sauce since the 'clear liquid' stage to keep me going! Now that is an idea to add. I always like a little 'kick' in my foods nowadays! Great idea Jann!

I've always been a pretty vanilla eater when cooking aside from the usual spice suspects. (And about 10,000 pizzas, buckets of wings and about a billion cheeseburgers)

Now that I actually taste my food and give it a lot of thought, I've got a whole new respect for hot sauce now. Thanks for that head's up, Jude! HUGS!

You'll also notice a lot of the soups I cook have a milk base. I don't do much dairy aside from cooking with it with exception of a Danone every day. I just can't bring myself to drink milk. ewwwwwwwww

Jann

Jann...you don't drink any kind of milk??? So it seems as though you take some kind of calcium supplements instead. Goodness, I can't think without my daily milk! I either drink 2% or just recently, soymilk.

Glad to see the hot sauce made a big hit on your taste buds! ((HUGS!))

Jann...you don't drink any kind of milk??? So it seems as though you take some kind of calcium supplements instead. Goodness, I can't think without my daily milk! I either drink 2% or just recently, soymilk.

Glad to see the hot sauce made a big hit on your taste buds! ((HUGS!))

Nope, if I don't cook with it I don't drink it. I take calcium citrate every morning instead. The compromise is I cook with 2% because I can't abide homo! Hubby still has to have some substance in his moo!

Jann