Daily Menu Sample???

Firecracker

Hi back,

Someone on this forum suggested to me the EAS brand of powdered protein drink, it is good and has 27g of protein. Then between the drinkable yogurt and soup. I roughly get 30. Hope this helps.

PS I get the EAS at Costco.

Hi back,

Someone on this forum suggested to me the EAS brand of powdered protein drink, it is good and has 27g of protein. Then between the drinkable yogurt and soup. I roughly get 30. Hope this helps.

PS I get the EAS at Costco.

My issue is after the three weeks of liquids. I found the post by MyNewLife, where she listed all the different amounts of protein per meat, nuts, chees, etc. I am also looking into the receipe section for ideas of three meals and trying not to snack. Thanks for your input.

My issue is after the three weeks of liquids. I found the post by MyNewLife, where she listed all the different amounts of protein per meat, nuts, chees, etc. I am also looking into the receipe section for ideas of three meals and trying not to snack. Thanks for your input.

Hi Fircracker!

I think this post is GREAT!. I love to see what eveyone else is eating. I have used that post that I posted and still find it very hard to get the protein. I eat eggs for breakfast, very hard for me to to do, not very hungry in the morning so I try to drink something warm first. For Lunch and Dinner I try to have fish, tuna, or red meat. I have found that pinto beans are very high in protien so I at alot of Pinto Beans. I have read all the pinto bean cans and the best with the most protrein, less carbs and calories are Bushes pinto beans and they are VERY good! Alot of people also have suggested Chili from Wendys, it is VERY VERY good as well and vey high in protien. I also eat 21 cashews...lol for a snack if I am hungry, helps with the 1200 calories I am suppose to be eating!

They say that you are suppose to get your protien from food. I did email Dr. Miranda and ask her about this. I ask if I could replace my breakfast or lunch with a protien shake and she told me that was ok to do. I dont know if you have a smoothie king but I have found a shake that is SOOOOOOOOO good. It is a high protien Moca Almond Skinny. It has 42 grams of protien in it, so I will have this for breakfast alot of times. Hope this has helped some. I look forward to hearing what the other bandsters suggest as well. We all can help each other out! Good Luck!

When was focused on weight loss I kept good track of my meals, how many calories and protein I was consuming along with how much water I was drinking to make sure I stayed on track and created a good habit.

For breakfast I always had a low carb Isopure protein shake. (I'm always tight in the morning - when I'm not - I will eat egg beaters)

220 Calories 50 grams of protein

For lunch I work long hours so I always pre packed my meals in those small containers. I like the foil packed tuna and salmon and just got into the habit of eating one or one half of those depending on the size and how much my band would allow me to eat.

The tuna is 90 calories with19 grams of protein

The salmon is 150 calories with 25 grams of protein.

I’d just have some cut up veggies with lettuce along wit a fruit cup and I was good to go.

For dinner I cook for my family so what ever meat we were having plus veggies and I might be able to fit a carb in.

My protein intake was high, but I was able to lose from 1 to 2 pounds per week.

I rarely hit a plateau, I think that’s because I would always switch up my exercise from carbs and working out with weights to dancing. But that’s one thing I added, exercise – it was hard at first but it really makes a difference.

I kept food off of my desk so I wouldn't snack – that’s were I think most of our calories that we forget come in – those times when we mindless eat.

I lost 130 pounds at my best, I've gained about 6 pounds back over the Holidays and I'm back to work to lose those - but they aren't too bothersome. When I talk to thin friends they expect to gain a little during the holidays and don't worry about it - they just work a little bit harder in January and lose it. That's my life now - I can live and if I gain a little bit - I'm not going to sweat it, I’ll just work a little bit harder and lose it.

I'm confused about how much protein we should be getting. I'll email Dr. Miranda but you guys are usually faster at replying! Thanks.

Sabrina:)

60 to 90 grams of proteins, daily, is the norm. Protein is the key to this weight loss journey. Also, the more you exercise, the more proteins you need to increase. It's amazing how much proteins you eat one day. Use one of the website's counter and it will give you a total as you plan your meal. Once you know how much proteins are in each food YOU eat, you learn how to do a daily menu plan much better and then you can plan for the week. I now do my menu planning over the weekend. If there's a party coming up, I make sure I get my protein intake around it and play it cool during the party.

Hi Fircracker!

I think this post is GREAT!. I love to see what eveyone else is eating. I have used that post that I posted and still find it very hard to get the protein. I eat eggs for breakfast, very hard for me to to do, not very hungry in the morning so I try to drink something warm first. For Lunch and Dinner I try to have fish, tuna, or red meat. I have found that pinto beans are very high in protien so I at alot of Pinto Beans. I have read all the pinto bean cans and the best with the most protrein, less carbs and calories are Bushes pinto beans and they are VERY good! Alot of people also have suggested Chili from Wendys, it is VERY VERY good as well and vey high in protien. I also eat 21 cashews...lol for a snack if I am hungry, helps with the 1200 calories I am suppose to be eating!

They say that you are suppose to get your protien from food. I did email Dr. Miranda and ask her about this. I ask if I could replace my breakfast or lunch with a protien shake and she told me that was ok to do. I dont know if you have a smoothie king but I have found a shake that is SOOOOOOOOO good. It is a high protien Moca Almond Skinny. It has 42 grams of protien in it, so I will have this for breakfast alot of times. Hope this has helped some. I look forward to hearing what the other bandsters suggest as well. We all can help each other out! Good Luck!

Hi, Do you happen to remember where or when on this forum that you posted the list of foods with their protein amounts. I realize I could be out of luck, but I thought I would give it a shot. I don't always have much time to be at the computer at one sitting. Thanks Anne

Here is the reply that Dr. Miranda just sent me.....I've never found her to be particularly helpful or knowledgeable so I may get a second opinion from my GP `cause I'm tired and a bit dizzy and want to make sure I'm getting enough.

"50g the most. Remember there is protein in beans, meats, egg, dairy , and even cakes. Usually people over eat it. Extra protein will store as body fat.Who need extra protein?patients that suffer from severe burnspregnant womenchildren they are growingathletes.

Dr. Miranda"

I have a hard time with protein shakes, but do my best to drink if I need additional protein. I find that I eat a lot of the same things over-and-over... mostly because I enjoy them. Also, I live alone... so I find it easier to stick to what I like and enjoy rather than cooking a huge dinner and then end up throwing most of it out because I can only handle so much of warmed up leftovers. Granted, I still have an issue with eating out (during the holidays) or having dinner with my sister and her family where I know that protein isn't a focus on meal preparing... I hope that by going back to work on Monday I'll be able to put more focus on the healthier me. But, when I cook... currently my favorites are:

My Favorite Breakfast: I crack two eggs in a bowl and add about a tablespoon of the following; 2% milk, bacon bits and green chili. I also beat in some shredded cheese and salt and pepper. I spray the frying pan with PAM and scramble the eggs. I also have a piece of Honey Wheat toast with a bit of butter spray.

My Favorite Lunch: I boil a chicken breast. After it is cooked I put it through my food processor to "shred" it. I add fat free Miracle Whip. I add a some red grapes sliced in half as well as sliced almonds. I eat it with Wheat Thins.

My Favorite Dinner: I cook a steak on my GF grill after rubbing in some steak seasoning. I have a small salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and purple onions... I add some croutons because it helps to satisfy my bread craving. I dip the tip of my fork into the salad dressing before stabbing my salad... I haven't quite been able to move to spritzer so I am still having fat free dressing. I steam a combinations of broccoli, carrots, pea pods and squash and stray it with a tiny bit of spray butter.

Also, for snacking purposes... I put grapes, sliced cucumbers, baby carrots, nuts, etc. into the snack size Ziploc baggies. I find that if I do this... I am more prone to grab it rather than something unhealthy because I don't want to take the time to prepare something at that moment.

Kristy

Here are a few of my favorites:

- Eggs

- Cheese

- Refried beans

- Tuna

- Lunchmeat - I also will buy those cubed ham & turkey packets that are supposed to be for salads, but I eat them by themselves.

Also, don't forget about protein bullets and special K2O water! Those are great!

Since i've upped my protein i've noticed a HUGE difference. I'm hardly ever hungry and my hair isn't falling out anymore. I think it is the cause for my nails to be growing much faster as well. Like Jude said, protein is the key to this!!!

Great topic...good luck!

Thanks guys for all your input! I find I am too tight in the mornings, so I've been doing the yogurt smoothies. And remembering to take my fiber capsules has helped with the snacking habits. I am still afraid to try salads. But I have increased my excercise. At least the scale isn't going up!

• 2 years later...

Hi All

Well I just ran into this site.

I was banded on Dec 13, 2005 weight at the time was 320 Lbs...... ( Highest weight was 360 Lbs )

During this phase I was doing good. I worked from 2pm x 10pm... so I would work out in the morning

daily..My lowest weight in was 268 lbs and that was on April 17, 2006. Since then I have regained

my weight plus ( at 327 lbs as of this morning). My hours at work change to 8AM x 5PM...

My eating habits got bad and working out came to a halt...

Well I need to get my eating under control again and I like seeing what people are eating...I have tried LC

and it works but I do get bored with it. I am now back to my 2PM x 10PM shift so I need to start working out again.

I see several people that have been successful on the site with there eating plan/Menu so hope to pick up some ideas.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe