Breakfast Quiches On-the-Go

JazzyJude

Breakfast Quiches to Go

Makes 16 regular muffin cups (see Chef's tips below)

Ingredients

2 (8 oz) cans refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (I've used Pillsbury)

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened

3 eggs

1 small onion, chopped

1 (9 oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain all liquids

1/4 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 16 muffin cups with cooking spray (I use PAM).

2. Separate each can of crescent dough into 8 triangles. Press 1 triangle (wide end first) on bottom and up side of each muffin cup.

3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in onion, spinach, salt and pepper until well mixed. Fold in cheese. Fill each cup to the top with egg mixture ~ DO NOT OVERFILL.

4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and edges of rolls are golden brown. Remove from pan. Serve warm.

Nutritional Info: (for 1 regular size muffin cup)

Calories 197, Fat 13g, Carbs 12.7g, Fiber 0.2g, Protein 6.3g

Chef tip #1: If you have those mini muffin (tea cake) pans, cut the recipe in half and divide each triangle into 2 and lined the cups.

Chef tip #2: Use your imagination to whatever filling you want. Want more proteins? I've used bacon, ham, chicken, turkey, different kind of cheeses (I've used 3 different kind at once), etc.

Chef tip #3: These freeze wonderful! Let the quiche cool down completely. Put in ziplock or an airtight container and freeze. "Grab" a couple and by the time you get to work, it's already thawed, and put it in the zapper and zap it for a few minutes and VIOLA! Breakfast is served!

Enjoy!

Hi

I love your receipes. You have a great flare for bandster food.

I tend to stick to the basics.

Keep posting and I may even cook one of these days.LOL

LOL, thanks...oh I try to meet with banster's approval of food! Trust me, I've tried all the recipes first before posting them. I don't cut the recipe to the 'bandster size', as some would like to make for the whole family. This recipe I really like, as it is sooooo easy to make and a quick way to get in my breakfast in a hurry and added proteins.

What, you don't cook? Lucky you! LOL Come on...you can do it and the recipes posted are just wonderful and a good change. Who knows, it may just be the recipe to 'kick' up someone's weight loss!

This sounds so yummy - I printed it off and will go to the store tomorrow and get some of the ingredients. I love quiche so this is just PERFECT for me. Thanks for sharing!

Judi

Judi ~ enjoy these! Another tip is when doing this recipe, to make a few variation at the same time, instead of all with just bacon or chicken or whatever. I make the basic egg mixture and then I would divide it and add bacon to one batch, sausages in one and then a chicken in another. I've even tried the tuna! This way I can have a choice! Let me know how you like it!!!

The doughy cresent roll doesn't present gumming problems? I'm surprised.

I have heard of this same recipe except omitting the cresent roll dough and cream cheese (basically making little mini omelettes in muffin pans) - what do you think about that guys? I need to try it before I go touting it, eh? lol Happy Saturday!

Judi ~ enjoy these! Another tip is when doing this recipe, to make a few variation at the same time, instead of all with just bacon or chicken or whatever. I make the basic egg mixture and then I would divide it and add bacon to one batch, sausages in one and then a chicken in another. I've even tried the tuna! This way I can have a choice! Let me know how you like it!!!

The doughy cresent roll doesn't present gumming problems? I'm surprised.

I have heard of this same recipe except omitting the cresent roll dough and cream cheese (basically making little mini omelettes in muffin pans) - what do you think about that guys? I need to try it before I go touting it, eh? lol Happy Saturday!

Hi Jennifer...I didn't have a problem with it as it was flaky for me and the texture was completely different that didn't gum or doughy up. I can't do breads, flour tortillas, buns, anymore as it has a tendency to make my chest constrict with tightness. I can do corn torillas, toasted breads, croutons, crackers, and corn breads, even after chewing them, it doesn't get gummy or doughy.

Hope this helps...

It sounds so yummy! Unfortunately, I can't eat eggs at this time. But for those of you who can without a problem, eat a bite for me. Thanks. I'm going to try and make them with the bacon for my boys and see if they like them. (which I'm sure they will, they eat everything and LOTS too :yes: )

Thanks for another recipe Judy!

Okay, cool...thanks for the info!

:)

Jennifer.

Hi Jennifer...I didn't have a problem with it as it was flaky for me and the texture was completely different that didn't gum or doughy up. I can't do breads, flour tortillas, buns, anymore as it has a tendency to make my chest constrict with tightness. I can do corn torillas, toasted breads, croutons, crackers, and corn breads, even after chewing them, it doesn't get gummy or doughy.

Hope this helps...