Florida Fill Center

I just had my first fill at Fill Center USA in st petersburg, fl. Great experience . The neighborhood is a little sketchy, but the staff is great! Kathy Gonzalez ARNP did my fill (1.4cc) with fluoro. she is a total pro. she congratulated me on working with dr ortiz who she confirmed is the best! she also has local surgeons she works with in case of an emergency! I would have loved to go back to TJ but my band hurts me when I fly and from where I am in florida its kind of a treck!

Hope this helps anyone lokking in the Florida area!

Hey FLGIRL!

We went for our first fills back to the OCC, but for my second fill I went to through Fill Centers USA to Kathy Gonzalez in St. Petersburg. She is completely awesome! She checked the position of my band and asked me numerous questions to assess (I felt) the need for a fill and possibly how much I would need. In addition I received a huge packet of information that is assembled by FCSUA. It was well worth the 8 hour round trip for the packet alone. The folks at Fill Centers USA also call you to make sure you are doing well with your fill, which is another great thing about them. I will definitely be going back there for any additional fills.

Diana

Hello!

The toll-free phone number for Fill Centers USA is 1-866-345-5872. You contact them at this number first. Actually, first I went to their website www.fillcentersusa.com when I was ready to see about scheduling a fill and filled out the patient profile information. Then I called the number and a very nice lady verified my information. She then asked me a couple of dates that I might be available and at what time(s) etc. She went to work at securing me a couple of appointment options and called me back the next day to set it up. Easy easy easy.

The center itself that I went to was a place where they were doing more than just lap-band adjustments. I was kind of glad of that. The fill took just a few minutes. The paperwork took longer--haha.

Hope this helps :rolleyes: All my best for a great lap-band experience. You will never regret it! Know that everyone on this forum is rooting for you!

Diana

The first appointment has to be booked by fill center USA. I am wondering if I can book future appointments right through the office. The total cost for the first fill and consultation with fluoro was $375. Also if the fill is too tight the unfill is free regardless of when it needs to be done ( she's not super strict about the 72 hour rule). I think follow up fills are $100-$200. I also got lots of information, handouts, and a great book that I wish I had before getting banded!! She is a great resource! Good luck!

Thanks for mentioning the info about if you need an unfill. She seemed really great about that. I was seriously hoping that I wouldn't have any issues with needing an unfill as I was heading back home (4hrs) right after the fill. Having to return there was not anything I wanted to do. Especially when you read on this forum about how uncomfortable you feel when you need an unfill.

Diana

• 1 month later...