1 year anniversary.

Hi all

I can't believe its been a year today that I was banded at the OCC.

Looking back its been a great journey. Scared of having surgery in TJ, traveling by myself and having a foreign object put around my stomach.

I returned to OCC for my first fill and then found a Dr here in Calgary.

Between February and May I lost 50lbs but needed to do some exercise so I joined Curves and go 3 times a week.

By Christmas I was only 5lbs away from my goal. I had lost 90lbs.

Unfortunately my band became too tight and I ended up having a complete unfill in January.

I have gained 10lbs due to bad choices and knowing I could again eat bread easily.

I am disappointed that I didn't achieve my ultimate goal of losing all my weight in the 1st year but I have a fill scheduled in March at the OCC

and although I have to start again with fills its only 15lbs I have to lose NOT 95!!!

I do feel I have to recommit to the band and bandster way of life, but I know I do not want to be the size I was and all that went with it.

So I may return to the pre-op diet before my 1st fill and become a newbie again.

Just wanted to share as I read this forum every day.

Thanks

Hey Nicole,

You have done amazing! Just hang on til your fill. Even though I have a small fill I also keep gaining and losing the same couple pounds. But you have done so well and you look great. I just told myself there was NO WAY I'd buy any bigger clothes ever! You can do it! The last pounds are so hard!!! I don't know why.....

Karen

Way to go Nicole. You are a wonderful testimony to what the band can and cannot do. Keep up the good work. You know yourself and just be faithful to your ultimate goal. The recent weight gain from having the unfill isn't too bad. You recognize you made bad choices. I think you are on the right track to goal in no time!

How's Cujo doing?

Nicole ~ babe you are doing GREAT! So, you have a small set back, but you've been through the tough part and you are so smart in playing the "newbie" because this may be just the trick for YOU!

You inspire me Nicole and love to read your post for suggestions and tips! Keep us posted, for I find them very motivating and positive for me and my band! ((BEAR HUG))

667046cwem91ygjm.gif

Nicole,

You can do it. This whole thing can be so frustrating. 15 lbs is not so much! Hopefully a few of them are just water weight and will come off easily. Set a new goal of how many pounds you want to lose before your fill in March. I keep plateuing and I am so sick of it. I went to a Bariatric surgery support group/nutrition meeting last night at a local hospital. I am glad I went. I learned a few things and it made me so happy that I had chosen a band vs. gastric bypass. I know the band is slow, but those bypass ladies looked terrible. Just hanging skin everywhere. I hope I never have to have my band unfilled. I enjoyed meeting you in January and I am thinking of you. Get back on the wagon girl and keep me posted on your progress!!!!

Kimberly

Nicole,

Wow! You're such an inspiration! I, too, am working on the last 15 or so pounds--and it is TOUGH AS HECK!!!!!! I'm finally working with a personal trainer in weight training so maybe that will work.

You have done and AMAZING job, and you look great.

Keep up your work--you can finish this!!!

--TRS

Happy Bandiversary! Wow, it is amazing how time flies. You have done a great job and have been a great inspiration for us all on this board. I can't wait to see you get to goal!

You are an inspriation! I am just starting my journey so it is so nice to hear someone who has had it a year with no regrets! That is a lot of weight in a year! You sound like you have an awesome outlook about your situation and your 15 pounds will just be a new goal for you! Good luck.... you will do awesome!