Boarder crossing

I am going to go to the clinic in March to have filll done and the news is saying that it is bad right now down there with people getting killed and the boarder being closed at times. Has anyone that has been there seen anything that should concern me? :huh:

I am going to go to the clinic in March to have filll done and the news is saying that it is bad right now down there with people getting killed and the boarder being closed at times. Has anyone that has been there seen anything that should concern me? :huh:

I was just there last week and there was nothing like that at all. I believe they are speaking about a different border area then where we go.

I have been there on three separate occasions in less than three months and have NEVER had any issues. Like anywhere, travel with caution and be aware of your surroundings at all times. Granted I spent most of my time at the OCC, the hotel and Revolution Avenue. If I ventured anywhere else, there was always someone with me.

Kristy

I heard there was a big crime spree in December but I thought things had quieted down for the time being.

Both my husband and I go down for fills during the day. We park on the US side and walk across, get a cab, go directly to the OCC, have our fills down in less than 30 minutes and get a cab directly back to the border and walk back across (time varies). We are usually in and out of Mexico in a little more than an hour.

If you want to spend time in Tijuana or you are planning on spending time in Tijuana, just be safe. Do not wander off the beaten path (no back alleys), do not wander alone anywhere after dark. I know they are policing the streets on Revolution (the shopping district) because their tourism has taken a huge loss since all the violence started.

Have fun.

Dawn