Yesterday I was having a small sharp pain around the port area. Every once in awhile since surgery I have felt for the port. When I had my fill the injection site was about 2" below the scar. Last night the port seemed to be above and to the left of the scar. I was just wondering if the port does move at times and maybe that would explain the pain that I had. Today the pain is gone but I haven't been touching the area today either.

I don't think that the port moves or is supposed to move. I know that mine feels like it is in different places based on the position I am in when I am feeling for it. Also, as your body changes and shrinks it may cause the port to feel as if it is in a different location because the outside skin and such have relocated.

As for the pain around the port area, I had that from Oct. until mid-February. The doctor's all said it was scar tissue and that there was a chance it would get better. Luckily I have only had a couple of twinges of pain in the last two weeks and they were both on days that I had done some ab exercises.

You know, I have lost 80 lbs and still can't feel my port!! LOL..Dr Ortiz must have done a good job when he attached it. I don't know if the port moves, I think its attached to the abdominal wall..i have heard stories of it flipping though. just my 2 cents :-)

Thank you very much for your responses. I guess what you call twinges is a good example of what I feel. They don't last too long but hurt when they happen.

I helped my hubby move in a new washing machine today and immediately after felt the twinge. It is now gone so I don't think it must be anymore than that.

Thanks again. Anne