Ate too much this weekend!

The weirdest thing happened. All of the sudden this weekend, I lost all of my soft stop warning signs. I usually get a slight tightness in my throat, then a little sliming....so I know when I'm full. This weekend, I seemd to eat eat eat with no warning signs and no feeling of fullness. I would AMAZED at the amount of food that went down. And I wasn't even having to chew very good. What could be up? I wonder if it will tighten back up or do I need another fill?

What are the signs of a stretched pouch? I wonder if I've been eating too much and it stretched it out to the point where now there is not restriction. BTW, I enjoyed the food I ate tremendously! I know I know, that's not good, but it was very nice to be able to eat normally again.

Any advice or has this happened to anyone else?

Cindy

The weirdest thing happened. All of the sudden this weekend, I lost all of my soft stop warning signs. I usually get a slight tightness in my throat, then a little sliming....so I know when I'm full. This weekend, I seemd to eat eat eat with no warning signs and no feeling of fullness. I would AMAZED at the amount of food that went down. And I wasn't even having to chew very good. What could be up? I wonder if it will tighten back up or do I need another fill?

What are the signs of a stretched pouch? I wonder if I've been eating too much and it stretched it out to the point where now there is not restriction. BTW, I enjoyed the food I ate tremendously! I know I know, that's not good, but it was very nice to be able to eat normally again.

Any advice or has this happened to anyone else?

Cindy

Hey Cindy,

My restriction has been very strange. I have days like you describe and then days where I can hardly eat anything. So, I scheduled a fill for Monday. I think overall I am eating too much too. Weird thing, some days I can't eat till 2:00 or 3:00 because I am so tight. So, when I sit down to dinner I feel like my dinner is just huge. For instance, I could eat Half a taco salad no problem! Or half a steak with veggies. That is a lot of food compared to how tight I was right after my fill. So, I would say yours has loosened up. It doesn't mean it has stretched necessarily. I would give it some time and see how you eat the next few days, if you are able to eat like you did this weekend, I would get a fill scheduled right away. I haven't lost weight in 6 weeks and in fact it has been going up and down 3 lbs. Very frustrating!

Hey Cindy,

This is totally normal. You have not stretched your pouch. Over the past 2.5 years I have had this happen many many times, I have overeaten like you can't believe one night, then to have regular good restriction again the next day, etc... and I have never stretched or damaged my pouch. This is just one of those things with the band, once in a while that happens. And I know what you mean about it being nice! I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't count on it being loose again, you'll set yourself up to try to eat more and then bam! you are stuck or something.........

Karen

Hey Cindy,

This is totally normal. You have not stretched your pouch. Over the past 2.5 years I have had this happen many many times, I have overeaten like you can't believe one night, then to have regular good restriction again the next day, etc... and I have never stretched or damaged my pouch. This is just one of those things with the band, once in a while that happens. And I know what you mean about it being nice! I wouldn't worry about it. Just don't count on it being loose again, you'll set yourself up to try to eat more and then bam! you are stuck or something.........

Karen

Ok, that's great news. I will just enjoy the big meals I ate and get back on track! Hopefully the restriction returns soon or will need to entertain another fill.