Restriction during your period....

Hey, I know this is gross (for the guys) but .... Does restriction get worse or totally go away with your period? Mine should be here in a couple of days and today I felt like I could not get full! Just like pre-band days, eating a ton a few days before... Ive had my first fill and I have pretty good restriction and it normally doesn't take much to get me full. But I was craving sweets today and salty stuff and I wasnt getting full.

I was kinda hoping I would be super tight during this time so I wouldnt indulge in the PMS snacks lol

Is this what I should expect? (eating like I did pre-band)??

Many of us do get tight, but it also depends on what you're eating - if you're eating "sliders" expect no restriction, and sliders can be carbs like those pesky chips that we can crave right before or ice cream and candies - but one more thing - for you it may not tighten up until you actually start your period so use caution!

Focus on eating your protein first to fill up with and drink lots of water to keep your water weight down! (Not at the same time as eating)

Good luck!

Lisa

Christy - - wow I was just going to post about this same thing!! LOL! I think I am getting my period in a few days here and I have been craving like MAD!! UGH! I had way more to eat today than I should have. I dunno its weird cause I was feeling SUPER tight yesterday and early this morning and afternoon and night I could have eaten my arm off :lol: Its finickey that band!! gosh dern it! haha.

Thanks!

Sunday I could barely get through a few bites without feeling like evrything was getting stuck and today it is totally the opposite. I guess its trial and error for everyone. Thanks again, its always comforting to know im not the only one going through this stuff :)

I got my period a few days after my first fill, so basically I was on liquids during the cravings, which was a good thing, I guess...lol. Throughout my period, I have been getting full really easy, and then today, which is my last day of my period, my band has been so tight it's crazy. It started off with my green tea fat burner capsule basically get stuck, it never came back up, thank goodness, but it was just sitting there like a rock in my chest. It finally went down at lunch. Now tonight, I just have this pressure, like I can feel my band, and it's telling me I better not eat..lol. It's really crazy.

As a more long term bandster, here is my experience... A few days before my period, my body finds a way to loosen up so I can eat... I get cravings and can EAT, and not just sliders, either. Then, when my period starts, or the day before I get tighter than heck and have to do thick liquids throughout my period, for about 4 days until that water retention is over. Every month, like clockwork, it happens, and I am ALWAYS amazed by it. Not the tightness, but the PMS cravings and being able to eat... That is the only time of the month it gets like that. Go figure.