how much did you lose between surgery and first fill?

I was just curious how much weight most of you lost between your surgery and your first fill. I dropped a quick 10 lbs on liquids, but now the scale isn't moving. I know Dr. Ortiz said 20- 30 lbs, but I was just curious what the average is. I am 3 wks post-op and go for my first fill on the 24th.

I was 177 surgery day...and at my first fill I was 161

first fill was on Jan 7th - I am 155. I lost all the weight the first week - then was on a plateau and even gained back 2 lbs. The last two days I have lost those two pounds and am back down to 155 - I am doing a kick start liquids this week though cuz I really really need a fill and it isnt until the 14th.

I lost 10 pounds from surgery date to first fill.

Lost when I was on post-op liquids, but as soon as I went to solids I didn't lose anything from then to my first fill. My doctor was actually pleased with that and told me many people gain. Since then i've done well, between 1-2 lbs a week except for when I got sick and I lost a lot more, but that wasn't a healthy way to do it. Now that i'm better i'm back to my regular 1-2 a week and i'm perfectly content with that.

I will be 5 weeks Thursday and I've only lost 10 pounds and I lost that in the first 10 days. I have been really discouraged by that, especially after reading everyone else's incredible weight loss during this period of time. <_< I get my first fill Friday and I am hoping that will jump start my weightloss. I have not started exercising yet either so I'm pretty sure that has got a lot to do with it also. Hopefully after my first fill and I start exercising, it will all jump start my metabolism.

Try not to be discouraged. I lost 10 pounds first week after surgery. No more until first fill. Lost 10 pounds in first week after first fill. Lost next 10 pounds over 5 months until 2nd fill. I lost more consistently then. Even now though, I'm still on a plateau of sorts.

Hang in there! I wasn't a 1-2 pound/week loser either. You'll get there though :rolleyes:

I will be 5 weeks Thursday and I've only lost 10 pounds and I lost that in the first 10 days. I have been really discouraged by that, especially after reading everyone else's incredible weight loss during this period of time. <_< I get my first fill Friday and I am hoping that will jump start my weightloss. I have not started exercising yet either so I'm pretty sure that has got a lot to do with it also. Hopefully after my first fill and I start exercising, it will all jump start my metabolism.

I lost 11 pounds between surgery and my first fill. Almost all of it on post-op liquids. Nothing the last two weeks before my first fill.

My husband lost 14 pounds between banding and first fill (lower BMI patient).

I am not a "2 pound a week loser" either. It averages out to about 1 pound a week for me but there have been at least two full months in there with zero weight loss.

Dr. Ortiz told me that the six week period between surgery is more about the band healing in place than about losing weight. Most of us have no restriction so our bands cannot really be working for us yet! We are all pretty much on will power alone between surgery and first fill. And we all know where our own will power got us!

Patients who started with higher BMI's will lose faster, as will men. Try not to compare your weight loss with others, it will only frustrate you.

Take care.

Dawn

dont be discouraged ..... I am on my 17th day and I've lost only 9-10 lbs barely

yeah I'm a slow loser as well. 1-2 pounds per week with exercise. I'm at almost 8 weeks post op, haven't had my first fill yet, and have lost 16.5 pounds since getting banded. I expected sorta slow weight loss though, since I was kinda low BMI going into it. That 20-30 lb lost between surgery and first fill is for higher BMI patients.

Sonogirl--

I will be at OCC two days later. I think we had our band placed around the same time....2-10-09..? I am hangin between 9-10 lbs and the scale hasn't moved hardly...

I am a bit frusterated that I am not looseing more, I am definatly NOT hungry which I love...I just want to be skinnyagain!

Kim

Sonogirl--

I will be at OCC two days later. I think we had our band placed around the same time....2-10-09..? I am hangin between 9-10 lbs and the scale hasn't moved hardly...

I am a bit frusterated that I am not looseing more, I am definatly NOT hungry which I love...I just want to be skinnyagain!

Kim

I hear ya girl! Ya, I was banded 2/11. Sounds like most everyone is in that 10-20 lb range, so now I don't feel so bad. It just seems like with how little I am eating the pounds should be flying off! I guess I need to bump up the exercise- I am pretty good at making excuses not to!

• 7 months later...

OK anyone else experiance this? BTW i am now getting frausterated. The first two weeks after surgery I lost 17 pounds, and I am thinking to my self this is really great, Im lovin this. Then the day I started soups I have lost nothing, and still nothing. If anything I have gained 3 pounds! I even tried to go back to all liquids for a couple of days and still nothing. I feel like I am on a plateau, but already?

I lost 30 pound the first month between surgery and first fill

Hi. I was just reading your post and you said you lost over 120 pounds in 9 months. I was abanded on Sept 29th and was wondering if you could give me some tips on what you did to lose that much weight. I am 51 years old so I was wondering if you are really young and that is why you dropped the weight so fast.

Any tips you can give me sure would be appreciated . I think that it is absolutely amazing that you lost that much weight in that length of time.

Look forward to hearing from you

Debbie

I am on week 4 from having Surgery, Starting weight was 320 a week before surgery. BY the time I made it Tijuana i was 290 on my surgery date. Trust me that was a terrible week, I bascially starved myself and had zero energy. So my current weight right now is 270 which now makes me 50 pounds down in 5 weeks. I have pretty much down excalty as the Dr orderded and have been told by my peers I probaly need to slow down the weight loss becuase it isnt heathly. My answer is being overweight in the first place isnt heathly so i dont think doing what it takes to get in shape is really going to hurt. My weight has started to tail off a little the last week. I am scheduled to get a fill next Sat at which my goal was to be at at least 265 if not 260. So right now I have lost 50 pounds in 5 weeks. All in All it hasnt been that bad for me, but I'm single and work alot so I dont have as many temptations.