SD/TJ 03/13/09

I am flying in late on Friday, March 13 for my third fill. And, flying out in the afternon after my fill on Saturday, March 14. Extremely quick trip. I am thinking of just staying in San Diego on that Friday night. If anyone else is going to be in the area... let me know, maybe we could have a late dinner in San Diego or just get together to visit.

Kristy

Kristy, question for you...how come you are getting your fills approx. every 4 weeks or so? are you losing your restriction that fast? just wondering? I just had my first fill and I am hoping to push the second one off as long as possible like 2 months or so, I know you and i are both every different...let me know!

Jenelle

Kristy, question for you...how come you are getting your fills approx. every 4 weeks or so? are you losing your restriction that fast? just wondering? I just had my first fill and I am hoping to push the second one off as long as possible like 2 months or so, I know you and i are both every different...let me know!

Jenelle

Jenelle,

I'm just listening to my body. I had my surgery on December 3... all went well, no complications. I lost 15 pounds post-op, but gained 5 pounds back after starting solids and my first fill. I had my first fill mid January... all went well, no complications. However, I didn't have restriction --- but, this is pretty normal. I had my second fill mid February... but, I struggled terribly with this fill. I did not go on liquids after my second fill because Dr. Acosta told me that I should start solids immediately. He told me to eat at 6 o'clock the night of my second fill and he gave me his cell phone number in case I needed an unfill later that night. I was completely fine for two days and then I could not eat anything. Everything got stuck! I was sick and taking medication was a horrible experience. I have had TOM issues since two weeks post-op. Issues meaning it started and has not stopped, plus I got super sick on top of it all. I emailed Dr. Acosta and he suggested an unfill thinking my fill tightened up after a couple of days. However, because of advice I got here and on the other board that I frequent, I decided to wait it out for awhile. Now that I'm feeling better, I realize that I have restriction... but, I can easily eat more than 1/3 of what I used to eat. Basically, a lot of it is still willpower rather than bandpower --- I am definitely not suggesting that I should never have to use willpower on my journey. I also talk to two girls that I originally met in Mexico on my surgery trip and first fill trip. One was banded approximately six weeks before me and one was banded approximately six week after me --- both of them have gone back to the OCC every two weeks to "tweek" their fills and both have already gotten to their "sweet spot" in doing this. This isn't an inexpensive process and it is my hopes to get to my "sweet spot" as quickly as possible to continue seeing results. I would like to get there before passports are required in order to leave Mexico... as it would just be another expense that I would like to avoid if at all possible. I hope this all makes sense. I know that each and every one of us are different. Also, if next Friday comes around and I'm tight again... I can always call and reschedule my third fill for a later date.

Kristy