Anyone Pay any additional costs for surgery?

HI All,

I am going TJ for my surgery on the 16th. I was wondering if any of you had any additional charges that I should be prepared for? Did you end up owing anything else besides your pre-stated amount for surgery? Thanks for answering my questions. I really am trying to be as prepared as possible!

I don't think so. I didn't have any other charges. My surgery was already paid and when I got there, I owed nothing more. I mean, obviously if you want to shop or go out to eat, etc, that will be extra. Otherwise, no.

Nope nothing for me either. They didn't even ask me for a credit card when I checked into the hotel.

Oh, yea,....do bring money to tip the drivers!

nope .. nada nothing.. not even a penny... after the surgery

Only at the hotel....we ordered food few times in hotel for my

mom and bought some drinks from out side....

cab driver.. thats it.. they take $3 to take you around the shops

oneway......

good luck !!

I even had an extra procedure thrown in. Dr Ortiz fixed a hiatel hernia while in there. I have heard of other Dr.'s charging an additional surgery fee for something like that. Not at the OCC.

Pocket money for drinks and tips at the hotel, taxi's, popsicles an so on. is about all you'll need.

I even had an extra procedure thrown in. Dr Ortiz fixed a hiatel hernia while in there. I have heard of other Dr.'s charging an additional surgery fee for something like that. Not at the OCC.

Pocket money for drinks and tips at the hotel, taxi's, popsicles an so on. is about all you'll need.

I was told be Dr Ortiz, that if you have a hernia, it HAS to be fixed prior to putting on the band....so no charge once he's in there.

I was told be Dr Ortiz, that if you have a hernia, it HAS to be fixed prior to putting on the band....so no charge once he's in there.

Exactly, when I heard about the other doctor charging for the hernia I thought it was like buying a car and finding out the tires are 'extra'

Hey Ramona--

Could I ask you -- did you stay the extra time because you just decided to, or did something happen to extend your stay?

Diana

Nope, nothing happened, I just wanted to stay longer. I live in Pennsylvania and was worried about the plane trip so I figured I'd give myself more time to recuperate. No problems at all! Even when I go back for my fills, I stay 3 days. Too hard to get on and off a plane that soon when it is a 6 hour flight.

Nope, nothing happened, I just wanted to stay longer. I live in Pennsylvania and was worried about the plane trip so I figured I'd give myself more time to recuperate. No problems at all! Even when I go back for my fills, I stay 3 days. Too hard to get on and off a plane that soon when it is a 6 hour flight.

I hear you on that--I told my daughter that I don't think I could get any more exhausted on that trip back from the west coast, even if I flew back flapping my own arms! :lol: