YES...FINALLY...I'M GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!

Maybe others can sympathize here...I have been fat for a long time. I think I am a pretty girl...fun, outgoing, a blast to be around, super funny (LOL...at least I think I am), and a great friend. When I was in college, I met the man who would become my husband. In college, I wasn't as fat as I am now...so I feel kinda guilty that my husband has been married to a fat wife for a long time. My husband has always been super loving and extremely supportive toward me and any of my hair brain ideas when it has come to losing weight. My husband is really handsome. Average height, great build, dark brown/black hair, big brown eyes, and best of all a huge heart of gold.

I have tried to lose weight before. Nothing worked. I have 3 children...all delivered by c-section...which did wonders on my lower abdomen. I ballooned to 246 pounds in 2008. I had been 230 lbs forever...then I went on the phenteramine and when I stopped I just exploded...I gained the weight I had lost and then some....thus me topping the scale at 246. I decided to do the lap band. I took out a loan to cover the cost. I had surgery in July 2008, my first fill in August...then September (twice), and then one in December. In December I was told I had 3.5cc in my band. I lost a few pounds then nothing from January till March when I got my next fill. I only had 2.9cc in my band...NOT the 3.5cc. Now that I have 3.5cc in my band I am starting to lose weight again.

I FINALLY HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 41 lbs.

I am scarred to get on the scale tomorrow fearing it will say that I am up a pound or two. But today, I am excited to tell everyone that I am DOWN 41 STINKING POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray this keeps up. I try to eat the right foods, and in the order in which I have been advised. It is not easy, but I am finally starting to understand that saying, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY FEELS."

I am not skinny, but I finally at a point that the weight that is coming off, I can see and feel the difference. I am finally coming down in my clothe sizes and that is just really exciting to me. Keep your fingers crossed that my sweet spot stays around for a long time!! :)

Dianna

I can totally relate to your situation. I too have three kids, and all by c-section. And my highest weight ever was 245 lbs.

You are so right about the c-section and tummy thing(can't waite for tummy tuck!)

I too have been struggling with no weight loss for sometime now(too embarassed to say how long). But at least I know that I am a healthier

and happier person now.

Congrats for hanging in there! =D>

Maybe others can sympathize here...I have been fat for a long time. I think I am a pretty girl...fun, outgoing, a blast to be around, super funny (LOL...at least I think I am), and a great friend. When I was in college, I met the man who would become my husband. In college, I wasn't as fat as I am now...so I feel kinda guilty that my husband has been married to a fat wife for a long time. My husband has always been super loving and extremely supportive toward me and any of my hair brain ideas when it has come to losing weight. My husband is really handsome. Average height, great build, dark brown/black hair, big brown eyes, and best of all a huge heart of gold.

I have tried to lose weight before. Nothing worked. I have 3 children...all delivered by c-section...which did wonders on my lower abdomen. I ballooned to 246 pounds in 2008. I had been 230 lbs forever...then I went on the phenteramine and when I stopped I just exploded...I gained the weight I had lost and then some....thus me topping the scale at 246. I decided to do the lap band. I took out a loan to cover the cost. I had surgery in July 2008, my first fill in August...then September (twice), and then one in December. In December I was told I had 3.5cc in my band. I lost a few pounds then nothing from January till March when I got my next fill. I only had 2.9cc in my band...NOT the 3.5cc. Now that I have 3.5cc in my band I am starting to lose weight again.

I FINALLY HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 41 lbs.

I am scarred to get on the scale tomorrow fearing it will say that I am up a pound or two. But today, I am excited to tell everyone that I am DOWN 41 STINKING POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray this keeps up. I try to eat the right foods, and in the order in which I have been advised. It is not easy, but I am finally starting to understand that saying, "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING SKINNY FEELS."

I am not skinny, but I finally at a point that the weight that is coming off, I can see and feel the difference. I am finally coming down in my clothe sizes and that is just really exciting to me. Keep your fingers crossed that my sweet spot stays around for a long time!! :)

Dianna

You're not alone Dianna! My band goes from being tight to loose to tight again in a matter of days. I'm afraid to get on the scale too because I let the scale determine my mood. I know I shouldn't do that, but I do.

I also notice the clothes getting looser more than the pounds coming off.... I thought that was odd??? Not that I don't love it, but I want to see the scale move DOWN!

Good luck with your restriction... I'm with you, I pray it stays with me!! Best wishes, Darlene

Dianna,

I am soooo happy for you.....I also started my lap band journey at 246 and I also have three kids by c-section although two were delivered at the same time :))

I am wondering if I will have the same slow loss as you .....so far that is my experience. It is very good to here your story of sticking with it! I need to know that however long it takes I can do it and just need to stick with it and keep trying!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Rhonda