Just stop and live your life!

Hi All,

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I will try. I got banded March 15, two days ago, and all I have been taking is water, protein water, apple juice, broth, and sometimes a cup of tea. I have to go back to work soon. Will I have enough enerygy? Is there anything else I should include in my liquid diet for the next 7 or so days to keep up!

Thanks for all the encouraging thoughts.. Right now all I want to do is cry.. I don't regret the band, I don't know what I'm thinking actually.. I'm too scared to eat anything that will affect the band so that's not it, I might just still be in pain, and want to be normal again

Thanks

((((((((((((((((((((Danah))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome! How are you feeling today? A little better?

Dr Sanchez patient. May 2003.

Anyone banded by Dr Sanchez?

Been almost 6 years and am still getting fills. Last fill in Fl about a month ago and found out I have the Vanguard 10 cc band.

Have lost 35 pounds and am still trying to get to the sweet spot.

Can you relate?

Luanne,

How much fill do you have now? Also have you been using the same fill doctor since you started your fills. How much are you eating and what foods are you eating.

Carrie

Something is not right if you are still trying to get to your sweet spot after 6 years. I would suggest going to another doctor for another opinion. Have they ever pulled out all of your fill to see how much is in your band?

Here it is - this is his latest:

“1200 calorie diet;

40-50 grams of protein. Higher end of the range if regular strenuous exercise.

30-40 grams of fat.

The goal would be to avoid a fatty acid or a protein deficiency—getting even the minimal above should do the trick. Some people need to take a fatty acid supplement—Evening Primrose Oil, Omega 3 oils for example. “

Best,

Lisa

Thank you for posting this again. I think I will post this in my kitchen just as a reminder.

Hi All,

This is my first post and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but I will try. I got banded March 15, two days ago, and all I have been taking is water, protein water, apple juice, broth, and sometimes a cup of tea. I have to go back to work soon. Will I have enough enerygy? Is there anything else I should include in my liquid diet for the next 7 or so days to keep up!

Thanks for all the encouraging thoughts.. Right now all I want to do is cry.. I don't regret the band, I don't know what I'm thinking actually.. I'm too scared to eat anything that will affect the band so that's not it, I might just still be in pain, and want to be normal again

Thanks

><' Hugs to you. I am sure this is a very emotional time for you. Hang in there! Remember you are doing better than you feel! Trust the process! You can do this!! It will get better! When I have hard things come my way, I remember a verse in the bible. "I can do all things. for the Lord Jesus Christ strengthens me. That is what I told myself when I had to leave my 3 month old son at a daycare. As I drove away, I thought to myself, GOD will give me the strength to do this! He did! I did not even shed a tear. I know my situation is different that yours, but I wanted to share it with you. Hope it helps. This is a time for change, and change is difficult for us. Know that you are giving your body nutrition and it will burn from storage what it needs to run. Do your best and the rest will fall into place.

HUGS!

AngieB