JUNE SURGERIES AND FILLS

THANK YOU!!!!! I'm really excited. (And I just relied to you, so go check your messages!) Thank you again for your feedback! :-h

OCC was amazing --- Totally-

I will tell you this

The flight home, was a bit hard, It was for me, It's just a long Flight! and all the sitting gassed me up for days, But that's just me....

I was glad I had a NON stop flight & stood an extra day

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm scheduled to be banded on June 2, but have mixed feelings about it. I am both excited to begin a new me, but nervous about the surgery. HELP Someone.

OMG! it is so nothing - And you are so gonna love it. OCC is spotless clean, peeps are great friendly and helpful, I think I was on the table maybe 40 minute but when Dr. O went in he found a Hiatal Hernia, which he fixed and then band me. NO extra charge. it really is an easy recovery. And I think we all had the same feeling you do/did

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME READING EVRYONE'S POSTS AND THIS SEEMS LIKE SUCH A SUPPORTIVE GROUP. WELL IM HAVING MY SURGERY WITH DR. ORTIZ ON JUNE 24TH AND I'M SORT OF EXCITED BUT ALSO REALLY NERVOUS!! SO I HOPE ALL GOES WELL :lol:

My hubby's B-day -

You are not going to believe how fine you'll be

I go tomorrow to get my first fill. I am staying local and going to the Durham Outpatient Surgery Center! I am excited and ready for some restriction. :) Looking forward to my swimming suit fitting better. Next summer I will need a new suit all together! Yay!

My date is June 8th. I have been much more confident up until starting the liquid diet, now I am stressed and cranky. Looking forward to a life change! I have been working so much up until now that this is my first time visiting the forum.

Hi welcome!

HI EVERYONE, I HAVE SPENT SO MUCH TIME READING EVRYONE'S POSTS AND THIS SEEMS LIKE SUCH A SUPPORTIVE GROUP. WELL IM HAVING MY SURGERY WITH DR. ORTIZ ON JUNE 24TH AND I'M SORT OF EXCITED BUT ALSO REALLY NERVOUS!! SO I HOPE ALL GOES WELL :lol:

Me too! Scheduled it today! I am so excited as well!!!!

Amanda

My date is June 8th. I have been much more confident up until starting the liquid diet, now I am stressed and cranky. Looking forward to a life change! I have been working so much up until now that this is my first time visiting the forum.

Well keep informing us... I am a very new member, but I can tell you the things I have learned in the past several days have been priceless. Advice from people that have been through all of this- and everyone is so generous when it comes to sharing their stories. Good Luck! I haven't yet been banded. Waiting for either an insurance approval or money for MEXICOOOOOO!!!!

Booked my fill -

June 29th staying till July1st - flight isn't till 10pm who's staying where?

I stood at the Marriott the last time Since I have to go to Cosmed i was thinking about staying at the other hotel OCC offers......

Tho I really felt comfortable @ the Marriott

I don't know -

Booked my fill -

I stood at the Marriott the last time Since I have to go to Cosmed i was thinking about staying at the other hotel OCC offers......

I don't know -

Lena - I say live on the edge, shake things up! Stay at the Lucerna! LOL What are you getting done at Cosmed? Or is this visit a information gathering session!?

Lena - I say live on the edge, shake things up! Stay at the Lucerna! LOL What are you getting done at Cosmed? Or is this visit a information gathering session!?

LOL too funny - I think I will stay @ the Lucerna. I started a procedure called Fraxel, here's a link you could poke around. But it evens your skin tone- I have sun damage & it gets rid of your fine lines - http://www.fraxel.com/patientFraxelRepair.aspx

My sister was priced 2,500 for 2 sessions in FL where she lives & FL is cheaper then NY,

BUT Cosmed is doing 2 sessions for 1,400! I had my first session when I was band - :D So with this being the final session I'll really see the results ---- Whooooooooo Hooooooo My face will be done for NOW! Gosh once you get started I can see how it can become addicting

LOL too funny - I think I will stay @ the Lucerna. I started a procedure called Fraxel, here's a link you could poke around. But it evens your skin tone- I have sun damage & it gets rid of your fine lines - http://www.fraxel.com/patientFraxelRepair.aspx

My sister was priced 2,500 for 2 sessions in FL where she lives & FL is cheaper then NY,

BUT Cosmed is doing 2 sessions for 1,400! I had my first session when I was band - :D So with this being the final session I'll really see the results ---- Whooooooooo Hooooooo My face will be done for NOW! Gosh once you get started I can see how it can become addicting

Oh, I know what you mean and I have not even had any work done myself. YET but I can see how my husband would be AFRAID! LOL That is a great price! So awesome!

Booked my fill -

I don't know -

I am arriving and leaving the same dates as you and are staying at the Marriott. I am having surgery on the 30th.

I am arriving and leaving the same dates as you and are staying at the Marriott. I am having surgery on the 30th.

I'm staying at the other place. Hotel Lucerna. I e-mailed OCC a little while ago. I'm by myself.... And thought I'd try it'... If I don't like it I leave - and go to the Marroitt -

What time you landing & Leaving?

I'm staying at the other place. Hotel Lucerna. I e-mailed OCC a little while ago. I'm by myself.... And thought I'd try it'... If I don't like it I leave - and go to the Marroitt -

What time you landing & Leaving?

I am from Florida, but will be in Vegas that weekend so I'm flying in from there and get to San Diego around 10:00 a.m. I'm leaving around 8:30 a.m. on Thursday.

The month of June is named after the Roman goddess Juno. Juno was the goddess of marriage, that's why so many couples pick June to get married. It's kind of ironic that patients decide to be banded in the month of June. Being banded is sort of a marriage, we hope a marriage for the better. For all of you patients that have scheduled your surgeries and fills,, this is the post that brings us together with other patients that have scheduled their surgery and fill. So,, lets hear from those that will be at the OCC in month of June. Maybe you'll make new friends for life.

I DID IT YESTERDAY! Im officially banded.. just cant believe it. Wanted to do this so bad.. its been a little over 24hr and im not in too much pain.. feels like I got kicked in the stomach by a horse.. very sore but thats it! I had a fabulous experience at the OCC. I didnt want to leave. I am at the marriott now and go back to NJ tomorrow afternoon. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW!!!!

KAREN Woooo Hoooo Yipeeeee

I DID IT YESTERDAY! Im officially banded.. just cant believe it. Wanted to do this so bad.. its been a little over 24hr and im not in too much pain.. feels like I got kicked in the stomach by a horse.. very sore but thats it! I had a fabulous experience at the OCC. I didnt want to leave. I am at the marriott now and go back to NJ tomorrow afternoon. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW!!!!

Karen! Congrats! I love seeing posts like yours. So worth it. I say that the worst part of the trip for me was the flight home.

Karen! Congrats! I love seeing posts like yours. So worth it. I say that the worst part of the trip for me was the flight home.

Any advice for the flights home.. yea i have 2!!! A 4 hr flight and a 1.5 hr flight!! I asked the Dr. very nicely for a sleeping pill for flight and he hooked me up! Should I walk to bathroom few times? What trouble did you have?

Whooooooooo Hooooooooooo You Bandster! I'm happy for you....

Here's 2U - You Jersey Gal... So you'll have that Red dress on........................

Any advice for the flights home.. yea i have 2!!! A 4 hr flight and a 1.5 hr flight!! I asked the Dr. very nicely for a sleeping pill for flight and he hooked me up! Should I walk to bathroom few times? What trouble did you have?

I believe your flights are broken up a bit so that is good. My flights ended up being back to back due to delays. Ended up running to catch my connection. Made it by the skin of my teeth. Bad weather made for a bumpy flight. I was pooped when I arrived home. Even got emotional when I saw my baby and hubby.

That is what made my flight home a challenge. You should be okay!