Hair Loss - Help

((((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

I typically lose hair when I lower my calorie intake (big time) so this was a concern of mine as well. My original doctor (I just switched to the OCC) gave me a document about hair loss. It said to expect hair loss for the first three to six months and not to go forward with color treatments/perms or anything that might damage the hair further.

It also said to take regular supplements in addition to a product GNC has something special for women's hair (I've been meaning to pick up) and have 80 grams of protein a day.

I haven't "lost" an unusual amount hair "yet" but I also didn't have my surgery so I'm probably not the best to say if his instructions work.

I didn't want to tell my colorist about my procedure but his document left me with no choice. She was understanding and before what we thought was going to be my surgery date, she took my hair to a neutral color that would hide the grey in case I begin to lose hair and I don't feel comfortable with color treatments.

xo

I'd love to hear what others have heard.

I've been using PHYTO Phytophanere, (it’s a supplement) it has a 4.5 star rating out of 5. I really like it - not cheap but worth every penny. When you add on our lifestyle changes along with menopause - your hair gets scary.....

I also use the other PHYTO hair thinning treatment products like the shampoo and revitalizing lotion – I love this line.

Thanks, but, I've been doing Biotin, Vit B6, B12, Folic and a multivitamin. I do plenty of fruits, veggies and white meat.

I emailed Dr Miranda today about this and she mentioned all of the above as well. This is so frustrating.

Lisa, where do you get it? I am at 40 and I am sure my body is going through some funky changes.

Can't help you anymore than what has already been suggested, but just wanted to tell you that you look fantastic!!! Love the before and after photos. You have done great!!

Can't help you anymore than what has already been suggested, but just wanted to tell you that you look fantastic!!! Love the before and after photos. You have done great!!

Thank you Mona. It's been a TRYING 4 months! Every stress that could possibly happen to a person happened to me during the entire 4 months. Not fair, but I've overcome them and am still losing. :D

Donna, make sure you're getting enough protein and fat - you can also add the below supplements to your diet, as well as Biotin as Darlene mentioned.

I am a big believer in the PHYTO Phytophanere. But its pretty pricey - I checked to see if it was going on sale but its not at this time. You might try the Biotin with the Primrose and Omega 3.

This is from my nutritionist who works for me, he's a nutritionist for the some pretty well-known doctors.

“1200 calorie diet;

40-50 grams of protein. Higher end of the range if regular strenuous exercise.

30-40 grams of fat.

The goal would be to avoid a fatty acid or a protein deficiency—getting even the minimal above should do the trick. Some people need to take a fatty acid supplement—Evening Primrose Oil, Omega 3 oils for example. “

Hey. Not sure what multi Vitamin you take, BUT, I started on Vitaband Mixed Berry, by Bariatric Advantage. (chewable)

My fill doctor sells them in his office and told me this vitamin has ALL we need. They are great because they

were specifically made for Bandsters. Anyway, I hope your hair loss stops! Keep up the great work!

Hi, this is something I am certainly worried about. I was told to take prenatal vitamins even if your not planning on getting pregnant. Prenatals normally have more in them in order to get ready for pregnancy, vitamins for the baby and vitamins after you give birth. This extra amount may help after being banded. Has anyone else heard this?

and there's always room for Jello. ;-)

OOOOH! My favorite snack. I mix the sugar free cherry and orange, with dab of cool whip lite. It is to die for! This week I added a can of sugar free peaches! YUM! :)