NEW AT THIS

HELP NEEDED AND APPRICIATED,

MY NAME IS DELL, AND I AM SEEING ABOUT HAVING THIS SURGERY

DONE.. IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME THE BEST WAY TO GET THIS OK'D

THROUGH BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD HEALTH SELECT. I WOULD GREATLY

APPRECIATE IT. I'M OVER 270LBS. DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I'VE

TRIED EVERY DIET THERE IS TO BE ON.... EVEN WENT TO CURVES FOR WOMEN.

A WHOLE 2 YEARS AND GAINED THE WEIGHT RIGHT BACK. AND I WAS DOWN

TO A 14/16 SIZE. KEEP GETTING LETTERS FROM DALLAS WANTING MORE

PAPER WORK. HOW MUCH CAN ONE PERSON TAKE. I'VE EVEN SEEN A

LAP BAND DOCTOR, HAD A SLEEP TEST. WHAT ELSE DO YOU HAVE TO DO?

I WISH ALL OF YOU GOOD LUCK. MAYBE I'LL GET TO HAVE IT DONE...

HOPE SOMEBODY OR SOMEONE WILL REPLY BACK

GOD BLESS, DELL

So much information I do not have depends on so many things about your case. For example, what is your BMI? How tall are you? How long have you been obese? Do you have co morbidities? Having the band approved in the States with a low BMI is near impossible.

I too tried Curves but the resistance training did NOTHING for me. It was a waste of my time I think as the level of exercise maintained my obesity but did not cause me to lose. Plus, it just tired me out for any additional exercise. I do believe it is perfect for older or severely morbidly obese individuals to get their start back into healthy living and exercise. But if you are on the "cusp" I don't think it is helpful. (just my opiinion)

Are you wanting to go to Mexico and self pay if you can not be approved here in states? The cost in Mexico for self pay ranges between 8k-11k, depending on the doctor. As for me, I have a BMI of 34 and am going to Mexico.

My suggestion for you is to research, research, research. Any and all information is good information. I suggest lapbandtalk.com and http://www.geocities.com/michellojackson/N...SWEET-SPOT.html (click on her additonal links she has some good ones. Then I suggest making a food log. Write down everything that passes your lips, even gum.

If you do decide to have the surgery and you are self pay, I suggest Mexico. Many of the doctors, such as Dr. Ortiz (www.obesitycontrolcenter.com), are fabulous surgeons that do many of the Americans surgeries. If you are covered under insurance, then finding a doctor is your state, near you for follow ups, is the way to go.

Hope this helps! Good luck in your searching!