post op and need help

jsublett

My surgery was June 19th and I was so excited. Now that I am 4 days out and starving I might be regretting this. This is the hardest thing I have done in life so far. Please tell me it will get better. Right now the not eating and trying to drink alot of water but not to fast, the staples in my stomach hurt and all I can think about is eating a cheeseburger..lol something just something that is satisfying. I dont want to winny but I need some encuragement from you

My surgery was June 19th and I was so excited. Now that I am 4 days out and starving I might be regretting this. This is the hardest thing I have done in life so far. Please tell me it will get better. Right now the not eating and trying to drink alot of water but not to fast, the staples in my stomach hurt and all I can think about is eating a cheeseburger..lol something just something that is satisfying. I dont want to winny but I need some encuragement from you

You are doing great! Day four! Ask yourself, is my stomach growling or is my "normal" way of life telling me to eat. We are programed to eat so when we don't we go threw withdrawl. Have you tried some drinkable yogurt? When I hit the drinkable yogurt phase that seemed to help me. Also what clea liquids are you drinking. Give yourself some calories. I liked the vitamin water myself. You are doing great! Hang in there!

hmm .... did you get banded by dr ortiz?

if so ... you don't have staples in your stomach - so that's not the pain you're feeling.

and i really don't want to sound nasty, but weight loss isn't easy.

we're all in the same spot, and that's why we went this route, right?

it's a difficult and tricky path, but it's so worth it. Isn't that why you had this surgery?

Because you wanted to make some MAJOR life changes?

Just make sure you follow your 3 week liquid diet ..

and do everything you're supposed to.

As for satisfying, it sounds like you're suffering from some psychological issues that the band will not be able to correct.

I hope you're able to find the right path, that makes this so much easier for you.

I'm not very good at the ((big hug)) replies, so I"ll leave it to everyone else.

But I won't lie - it's really difficult figuring out your body for the first few months, but after you get over the initial hump, you'll be in a much better place.

Hang in there, and don't EVER give up!

xo.

Thanks for the advice. I am eating yogurt now, only about a 1/3 of the container at a time. I also started v-8, and protein shakes. I am scared to have to much because of all the talk on vomiting, i dont want to do that. I hope I can start getting some more nutrients in me for some energy and get more focused. I know that this early phase is probably the hardest to get through. Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice. I am eating yogurt now, only about a 1/3 of the container at a time. I also started v-8, and protein shakes. I am scared to have to much because of all the talk on vomiting, i dont want to do that. I hope I can start getting some more nutrients in me for some energy and get more focused. I know that this early phase is probably the hardest to get through. Thanks for the advice

HI! I was banded almost two weeks ago, on friday,june 12th and i will be able to eat solids next friday, just in time for 4th of July! yay! Seriously though, I really felt your pain the first few days, wishing I would have waited because I had two graduation dinners, a picnic, father's day and a concert that i couldn't eat at =( I was starving but I realized it was because mentally, I was starving but after talking to my sister (who had the gastric bypass surgery two years ago and went from 250lbs to her current 150) who couldn't eat solids for 3 months, she talked me through the hunger. she told me that i have the rest of my life to eat food and if she, who weighed 75lbs more than I did at her surgery weight, could go several months without being able to eat everything, then i could last 21 days and she's right. she told me,the less i though about food, the less i would want it and she was really right about that. you have to learn to pay attention to what your body wants, not your mind. Everyone here knows your pain because we have all, or are, going through this journey. when i tell you i was starving, i really mean STARVING to where i was ready to cry. Now, that I am past the halfway point, it's become a little normal now. i am sick of soup because it's the same thing over and over again but it's meant to help train you to change your eating habits and allow your body to heel.

The few things that have helped me are:

FROZEN GOGURTS (the kids yogurt that come in liquid form and i freeze them)

CAMPBELLS CHEDDAR CHEESE (mixing them with cream of potato, cream of brocolli, etc.)

MUSCLE MILK PROTEIN SHAKES (they are so yummy and tastes really milky and sweet!)

JELLO (sugar free, all kind of flavors)

METAMUCIL (to curb hunger and for the fiber)

You'll be a lot better once you start the creamy soup stage because the broth gets old quick and only so many variations. Hang in there.