soft food day

jsublett

today I am post op 9 days and get to start the soft foods. I was so excited this morning to eat something different. I made one egg for breakfast and eat about 6 bites and was done... not sure I was really full but it was such a let down. The taste was not what I wanted and wished it to be. So for lunch I gave it another try with tuna. Same thing. So what is the deal?

today I am post op 9 days and get to start the soft foods. I was so excited this morning to eat something different. I made one egg for breakfast and eat about 6 bites and was done... not sure I was really full but it was such a let down. The taste was not what I wanted and wished it to be. So for lunch I gave it another try with tuna. Same thing. So what is the deal?

I am not sure why myself, but the same thing happened to me. I guess I chalked it up to my taste buds changing.

Even now when I think something is going to taste good it ends up not.

Are you sure you’re suppose to be eating eggs and tuna 9 days out? Patients of Dr. Ortiz cannot eat those types of foods.

However different Doctor’s have different guidelines – (this forum is for patients of Dr. Ortiz so we're just use to seeing more of his guidelines). And I’m just really surprised you can eat like that. I would be afraid that I would hurt my band.

Just for my sake check your paper work to make sure you are suppose to eat those types of foods.

Best,

Lisa

Glad to see another member from KC. Where did you have your surgery? I had mine at Weight Loss Surgical Center.

I was allowed to eat soft foods at about the same time you were. I don't remember the taste being a let down, but I do remember being shocked at how little it took to fill me up. I think that eventually you will get your taste buds back so to speak. I do remember the first time I tried a Caffeine Free Diet Coke more than 6 months after my surgery. It tasted nasty to me, but I eventually got over that and am now one of the people that can handle carbonated beverages. I just make sure that I don't do more than one a week - a lot of times I don't even do more than one a month. I also make sure that I sip them and let as much carbonation escape as possible during the drinking process.

When I was at the stage you are at I was able to eat scrambled eggs without a problem. But, based on my experience last week, eggs are now on my bad list - I had been told previously that many people have problems with scrambled eggs when they get restriction, but being from Missouri I had to see it for myself. I am now a believer!

Yeah Kansas City!!!! :)

I know I had the same thing, but I was an OCC girl and it had been 21 days since I had solids so I think my body just got accustomed to the liquids. Even now, some foods that I used to love just don't taste good anymore. You will just have to play around and see what tastes good.

Congrats!