I am part of the gang!

YAY! It's like I am part of the gang now! I finally got a ticker and picture~ My ticker is kind of sad, lol... but I am starting my journey. I actually am fighting back tears.. sorta emotional posting my wait to everyone... makes me kind of feel a bit naked. :( I wont be like this forever. :girl_crazy: I can look forward to my little frog feller moving to a smaller number... YAY! :)

YAY! It's like I am part of the gang now! I finally got a ticker and picture~ My ticker is kind of sad, lol... but I am starting my journey. I actually am fighting back tears.. sorta emotional posting my wait to everyone... makes me kind of feel a bit naked. :( I wont be like this forever. :girl_crazy: I can look forward to my little frog feller moving to a smaller number... YAY! :)

Hi Alia,

Welcome to the fold! Good for you for getting a ticker, picture, etc. and making a decision to go forward. Don't worry about feeling emotional about the weight issue. I think I balled my eyes out a bunch of times before I finally found the courage to "write it like it is".

Anyway, good luck with your journey and with your decision to change for the better!

(1jmk)

Don't be sad....be EXCITED!!! You are about to start a wonderful journey and know you are surrounded by people that are encouraging and cheering you on along the way! The only thing i'm sad about is that it took this to get me to a good healthy place and I wish I would have done it years ago.

This week a friend from college sent me a DVD of us singing karaoke at a bar back in oh it was probably '97 or so. Wow - I looked terrible! My weight has fluxuated badly over the years and it made me so sad to think that I spent so many years like that. I watched it mortified, but also excited that I will NEVER be that way again!

Congrats!

Alia,

I cried when I made my little ticker. Happy tears because I knew it was going to change. Then I sat here forever taking pics of myself. It was actually uncomfortable taking a picture and showing more than just my face. As you can see, I didn't get much below my head. where are you in your thoughts of getting banded?

Alia,

I cried when I made my little ticker. Happy tears because I knew it was going to change. Then I sat here forever taking pics of myself. It was actually uncomfortable taking a picture and showing more than just my face. As you can see, I didn't get much below my head. where are you in your thoughts of getting banded?

Thank you all for your support. 1jmk... I have been to my first appointment with my Md and he gave me a referal to a general surgeon who has performed hundreds of lap band surgeries, just ten miles from my home. Now we are just waiting to find out if my insurance will cover my surgery. With a BMI of nearly 50 we don't think it will be much of a problem. We will also discuss the Gastric Sleeve. I am 100% on board with having the surgery and have all the support and love from my family and fiance that anyone could possibly imagine, God bless all of them. Now it is just a waiting game... and not having any answers for certain right now is hard. I just keep imagining a life where I dont struggle to walk up a couple of flights of stairs and it gets me through a bit easier.