SEPTEMBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Deena. That is great. At this point I am coming solo as I have not told anyone . They have me booked at the Marriott Hotel.

I am flying in from Canada and hoping to get a flight that will get me there before noon. I want to get my tests done , see the clinic and talk with Dr Ortiz they day before surgery if possible.

Where area you coming from and are you coming solo or with someone?

Hey there, RevyD - I was really hoping there'd be somebody from the board having surgery the same day as me - so this is cool! :) Unfortunately, we will not be in the same hotel, though - I'm at the Lucerna. I picked that only because it is closer and I hear that you are more likely to get to go back to your hotel the night of your surgery (but, they can also keep you at the clinic if you so desire). Also, I know it's in a very safe area (not that the Marriott isn't, I just heard that you are particularly unlikely to have any problems at the Lucerna) - I have heard the Marriott beds are nicer, though! lol I am also coming solo, at this point. I'll be coming from Tampa, FL and my flight arrives at 12:35 - so just after noon. I was hoping to get my pre-ops done the first day as well, but we'll see. Well, now I guess I can say - see ya there - we'll be starting October banded, girl! :)

-- Deena

Hi Deena. That is great. At this point I am coming solo as I have not told anyone . They have me booked at the Marriott Hotel.

I am flying in from Canada and hoping to get a flight that will get me there before noon. I want to get my tests done , see the clinic and talk with Dr Ortiz they day before surgery if possible.

Where area you coming from and are you coming solo or with someone?

Ladies - you can see both hotels in one view, they are close, but probably not close enough to travel back and forth. Perhaps one of you should switch so you can hang out together?

Hey there, RevyD - I was really hoping there'd be somebody from the board having surgery the same day as me - so this is cool! :) Unfortunately, we will not be in the same hotel, though - I'm at the Lucerna. I picked that only because it is closer and I hear that you are more likely to get to go back to your hotel the night of your surgery (but, they can also keep you at the clinic if you so desire). Also, I know it's in a very safe area (not that the Marriott isn't, I just heard that you are particularly unlikely to have any problems at the Lucerna) - I have heard the Marriott beds are nicer, though! lol I am also coming solo, at this point. I'll be coming from Tampa, FL and my flight arrives at 12:35 - so just after noon. I was hoping to get my pre-ops done the first day as well, but we'll see. Well, now I guess I can say - see ya there - we'll be starting October banded, girl! :)

-- Deena

Hi Deena. I am the Marriott because Carolyn from the OCC thought it was nicer and had already booked me there. I read all the posts and was swaying toward the other hotel but I read a couple times where the beds were not that great. I don't sleep that well as it is so I need a cozy bed.

I am arriving at 1140 a.m on the 28th.

Why don't you email me and we can chat more.

shieldsd@shaw.ca

Look forward to hearing from you.

Will do, RevyD - let me give you my email as well:

haiberz@aol.com

Please forgive me if I don't talk much over the next couple of days - I've got both my little ones starting school this week, and I'm studying for the GRE's to attempt to get into Grad school (plus it seems we all have doctor's appointments of some kind every day this week!) - anyway, suffice to say, I'm crazy-busy right now. But I'm looking forward to chatting about pre-op diets, what you're bringing - all that good stuff - talk to you soon! :) - Deena

Hi Deena. I am the Marriott because Carolyn from the OCC thought it was nicer and had already booked me there. I read all the posts and was swaying toward the other hotel but I read a couple times where the beds were not that great. I don't sleep that well as it is so I need a cozy bed.

I am arriving at 1140 a.m on the 28th.

Why don't you email me and we can chat more.

shieldsd@shaw.ca

Look forward to hearing from you.

I am scheduled for September 8th!!! I finally told my mother, and she was cooler than expected. She is going to fly to our nearest passport place for a card or updated passport - the super expedited way. She will fly out Wednesday to Miami and come back the same day, because she reeeeeeally wants to come with me. I have been good about the pre-op diet so far, and have lost about 13lbs in a week. I am so excited to have this done. The hardest part will be leaving my husband and twin two year olds, as I have NEVER been away from them! Does anyone know if your companion is allowed to stay at the OCC with you the night after surgery?

Hi Jessica,

That's great it went so well with your mom. I haven't told mine.

I can answer your question about whether a companion can stay at the OCC with you overnight and the answer is no. Your mom will be driven to one of the two hotels in the area - the Lucerna or the Marriott.

Margaret

Jessica - congratulations on your great results with the pre-op diet! Which option did you use, if you don't mind me asking. I have four weeks until surgery, and I'm planning to do Atkins induction for the first 2-3 weeks, then shakes the last week. What I heard from the OCC is in agreement with the previous poster - that, if you are travelling with a companion, you keep your same room at the Lucerna or Marriott the whole time, and your companion stays there (at no additional charge), the night you are at the OCC. Although, I've also heard the OCC rooms feature a hospital bed and a double bed for companions - so I'm not sure the purpose of that. Anyone? Anyway, best of luck on your journey, sounds like you're off to a fantastic start! Oh, and I know what you mean about leaving the kids - it's so hard! I have a 10-yr old and 5-yr old, ,and it is still tough, even when they are older! Don't worry, though - they will be fine and you will return a much healthier mama! :)

-- Deena

Hi Jessica,

That's great it went so well with your mom. I haven't told mine.

I can answer your question about whether a companion can stay at the OCC with you overnight and the answer is no. Your mom will be driven to one of the two hotels in the area - the Lucerna or the Marriott.

Margaret

The Doctor called and wanted me to do the Option 2 diet. She also said I could have (I thought) 4lbs of green vegetables a day. That sounds like a lot, and I am questioning now whether I misheard now. I couldn't eat that much anyway!

I am currently doing the 400mg of Chromium Picolinate

1 fiber pills with a lot of water midmorning and another midafternoon

protien shake for breakfast & lunch

a lean cuisine is allowed for dinner (but I looked at calorie comparisions, and have had salmon instead a couple times)

I believe salads are allowed, and I have been having broccolli for a snack.

I have been drinking water around the clock, and I have to do potty runs ALL the time.

She didn't tell me to do this, but I also stopped coffee last week , and diet coke - went through withdrawl for a couple days, now I am fine. I am only drinking water. I want to shrink my liver as much as possible, for I am fearful of any complications. I will not lie, I am hungry often but I keep drinking all that water.

I have been measuring myself on my husband's wii fit. I have a password and everything now! B)

Sept 17 here.... a bit freaked but looking forward to it.... ''

Hi Dave,

I'm scheduled for surgery on the 18th. I'll be in on the 17th to do my pre-op blood work, so maybe I'll see ya around! Have you decided on which hotel you're staying at?

Take care,

Charelle

I am scheduled for September 8th!!! I finally told my mother, and she was cooler than expected. She is going to fly to our nearest passport place for a card or updated passport - the super expedited way. She will fly out Wednesday to Miami and come back the same day, because she reeeeeeally wants to come with me. I have been good about the pre-op diet so far, and have lost about 13lbs in a week. I am so excited to have this done. The hardest part will be leaving my husband and twin two year olds, as I have NEVER been away from them! Does anyone know if your companion is allowed to stay at the OCC with you the night after surgery?

Jessica- when I was banded I went tp the hotel that night with my companion I did not stay over night at OCC

so you might be able to stay with your mom

Hi Jessica - Congrats on your band date coming up!!! Woo hoo! I felt the same way when I left for Mexico. At the time my son was 18 mos. I had never been away from him, not even for a night. Talk about mamma strings! LOL Anyway, he and I both did fine and it was a nice break from "motherhood."

My momma went with me and I went back to the hotel with her the same day as my surgery. The beds at the Marriott are so awesome!

Looking forward to hearing your updates!

Thank you for the input and positive responses! I do not mind staying at the OCC at all, but my mother in a RN so she feels no one should ever be left alone without a family member after surgery, etc. I thought I might be staying the night, since my pre-op is in the morning of the 8th. I thought that would put the surgery back till afternoon. It's so weird not knowing every detail before I leave to have this done. I like knowing everything I can! I am getting nervous for sure!

Thank you for the input and positive responses! I do not mind staying at the OCC at all, but my mother in a RN so she feels no one should ever be left alone without a family member after surgery, etc. I thought I might be staying the night, since my pre-op is in the morning of the 8th. I thought that would put the surgery back till afternoon. It's so weird not knowing every detail before I leave to have this done. I like knowing everything I can! I am getting nervous for sure!

I will tell you, I flew in the day before and had my blood work done. The day of surgery they did the rest of the tests. I was the first to have surgery that day. (They banded 7 of us.) I loved being 1st! :P

This is my opinion, so others may have a different take on it, but things in Mexico, are on Mexico time. What I mean is they keep a different schedule. In the US they give you more of an idea of what is going to happen and when. There, they don't have set times. It is more go with the flow. Which if you think about it is kinda like the US. The US just runs late. In Mexico they don't run late, becuase they don't give a set agenda. LOL

I am excited for you! My nerves hit when I felt the "stress" of packing. I called a fellow bandster and by the end of the call, I was packed and felt relazed. If you ever want to visit with anyone via phone or txt. I will be happy to volunteer. I have a few bandsters I keep in touch with on a personal level and I love it!

Sept 17 here.... a bit freaked but looking forward to it.... ''

Looks like I am arriving on the 16th and getting banded on the 17th

I am a single father with a 9 1/2 month old and this will be the first time she will not sleep under the same roof as me.

I know this is worth it as it will prolong my life to spend with her. But I know I am gonna cry..

odave@wavecable.com

Hello Everyone.. I just scheduled my surgery for September 9th and cant wait... Even though as the date gets closer, i find myself getting more nervous. :mellow:

Just a couple more days... congrats I wish I was heading there this week... Best wishes

ODave - I know exactly where you're coming from! I have two girls, 5 and 10 and it is hard to leave them for a few days even at this age, and I remember when they were babies - it was even harder still. We are rarely apart, and they are my little darlings. :) But, (and this is what I keep telling myself) you'll be back before you know it, and this is a great long-term investment in your future with your child - think of all the things you'll be able to do and doors that will open when you're healthier. Hopefully, for both of us, it'll be well worth it. :)

I'm going for a fill this coming saturday 12th at 1030 am....anyone else going to be there??

Hey Cindy,

I am having surgery on Thursday and then I believe I am there for a final check on Saturday Morning before my flight.. maybe I will see you there !!!

Jen