Question about stress and an upcoming fill apt.

Hi Everyone - I have a question for you. I have just had a increase in stress today. A very ugly situation took place at my sons daycare today. As a result he will not be returning. This makes me very sad, and has caused some stress. Who am I kidding....I cried like a freaking baby! On top of feelings of saddness, I was also pretty angry as well as hurt.

Daniel will be starting a new day care on Monday. I can not predict what his reaction will be, but would not be a bit suprised if he cried hard when I leave him. Which will be equally tramatic for me. Do you think I can recover from this event in the morning by my fill apt in the afternoon. I have read posts on how stress affects the band. I am wondering if you think this will have any affect on my fill apt in the afternoon? I have been looking forward to this apt, but don't want to waste money if by being stressed in the morning will cause my band to tighten. What are your thoughts on this? Any words of wisdom for me?

Angie,

I know how much you have been looking forward to this fill!

Sorry to hear about the stress you are under, you have 4 days to work through your anger. The good news is if you get the fill you will be less likely to overeat about it! I am no expert but if it was me I would get the fill. There are so many things that have happened in my life that if I waited till I felt it was the right time they never would have happened!

For me not having any restriction is not having a band.

Can your husband drop your son off at the new daycare? Can you make the appointment later in the day? (have your husband pick him up?) Do you have a friend who might watch you son on Monday? Maybe your husband just might be sick on Monday and will have to stay home with your son!!

Wishing you the best whatever you decide!

D.

Angie,

I know how much you have been looking forward to this fill!

Sorry to hear about the stress you are under, you have 4 days to work through your anger. The good news is if you get the fill you will be less likely to overeat about it! I am no expert but if it was me I would get the fill. There are so many things that have happened in my life that if I waited till I felt it was the right time they never would have happened!

For me not having any restriction is not having a band.

Can your husband drop your son off at the new daycare? Can you make the appointment later in the day? (have your husband pick him up?) Do you have a friend who might watch you son on Monday? Maybe your husband just might be sick on Monday and will have to stay home with your son!!

Wishing you the best whatever you decide!

D.

I really have been looking forward to the fill. I am wanting to have more restriction, and it is hard to be patient. Although I don't want to throw good money down the drain. I think if I take it in stride I will be okay. I'm curious to see what some other members have to say as well.

Glad you are at a good level of restriction. I think you will do well. I appreciate you sharing some thoughts and suggestions with me. It will be interesting to see how Monday goes......

Hey Angie!

I think if I were you I would get the fill also. I think that the other response was entirely correct. If we waited until life wasn't stressful, we wouldn't do anything. It may be more of an issue if you were trying to fine-tune restriction to your "sweet spot", but you are looking to actually get some restriction. I also agree that since you will be on fluids a day or two after your fill, it will thwart any stress eating over the situation.

Your son may surprise you and be completely cool with the new place. You have a couple of days to help him get used to the idea. Can you drive him over there and show him the playground, or actually have him visit the place prior to Monday? I hope, for everyone's sake, that all goes well.

Hey Angie!

I think if I were you I would get the fill also. I think that the other response was entirely correct. If we waited until life wasn't stressful, we wouldn't do anything. It may be more of an issue if you were trying to fine-tune restriction to your "sweet spot", but you are looking to actually get some restriction. I also agree that since you will be on fluids a day or two after your fill, it will thwart any stress eating over the situation.

Your son may surprise you and be completely cool with the new place. You have a couple of days to help him get used to the idea. Can you drive him over there and show him the playground, or actually have him visit the place prior to Monday? I hope, for everyone's sake, that all goes well.

As soon as he wakes up, we will be heading over to tour the place and look over the contract. His first day will be on Monday. I have the day off because my old daycare had requested the day off. So I will drop him off and in the morning and go for my fill in the afternoon. It will give him a short day at the new place before having to go full time.

I am feeling at peace with the change, not so much what made it take place. I've been an advocate for in home daycares, but after this experience, I will be going to a facility. I know not all in home daycares are bad. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. I think some stability will be good for our family.

Thanks for your thoughts, I can see that I was caught in the moment and overthought the fill. You are right, I am looking for restriction, not a tweak on reaching the "sweet spot."

Besides, I really didn't want to reschedule anyway. :P