Post banding June 30 and the "runs"

irene1

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to get answers on. I was banded on June 30 so I am now in my 7th day. I believe today is the day I can have the protein shakes. I am going back to work on Wednesday so I need something wonderful tasting and full of protein. Any suggestions? What were your favorites? I plan to shop this evening.

Also, I am concerned because around July 1 I started having these bouts of the "runs" - since I am not eating food they are just water, but happen quickly and cannot be controlled. I am concerned but I have called the doctor's office several times but since it was the holiday I'vehad no response. My pain is almost gone - I feel good other than this. I am a little hungry but not horrible.

Any help or similar experiences would make me feel better.

Thanks,

Irene1

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to get answers on. I was banded on June 30 so I am now in my 7th day. I believe today is the day I can have the protein shakes. I am going back to work on Wednesday so I need something wonderful tasting and full of protein. Any suggestions? What were your favorites? I plan to shop this evening.

Also, I am concerned because around July 1 I started having these bouts of the "runs" - since I am not eating food they are just water, but happen quickly and cannot be controlled. I am concerned but I have called the doctor's office several times but since it was the holiday I'vehad no response. My pain is almost gone - I feel good other than this. I am a little hungry but not horrible.

Any help or similar experiences would make me feel better.

Thanks,

Irene1

Irene,

Here is a link to a discussion on Protein Shakes that was on the forum in June. Hope it helps!

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...=protein+shakes

[

I had a similar problem and it was the chicken broth that caused it. I couldn't drink more than one a day or it gave me trouble. It was the Herb-Ox brand that caused it and I probably should have boild my chicken and used that broth. Could that be the problem?

Irene1

I had the same problem. I think mine was caused by all the fruit juices I was drinking, coupled with the broth. Nothin' worse than sitting in your chair thinking you just need to pass a little bit of gas from the surgery and then you discover that it *wasn't* just gas, let me tell you!

Thank God I live by myself, that's all I can say!

My stools started to get more solid as soon as I was on full liquids and had a little bit more 'fullness' in my liquid diet.

Hope that helps!