Need answers quick!

Ok, so I've been too tight since October. I've lived with it thinking it would loosen up as I've lost weight. I've lost weight (I'm almost at goal) but it hasn't loosened up at all. I PB all the time.

So lately, I've been having what I assume is acid reflux at night. It's been going on for the last couple of weeks and it really interferes with my sleep. I made an appointment for 6 p.m. this evening for an unfill - but I'm torn as to whether or not to have a slight unfill or a complete unfill and give my band a rest for a couple of weeks. My Dr. doesn't do flouroscopy, so I do have concerns about a stretched pouch or a slipped band and no way of knowing. My gut tells me to go for the complete unfill, since I could get the re-fill within 2 weeks for only an additional $50 - but I'm scared to death about being this close to goal and gaining weight back!

I'm so torn... can someone who's maybe been in my shoes give me a bit of advice?

Thanks!!!

I would suggest you have a complete unfil. You don't want to run the chance of a slip or enlarged pouch. Especially since you are doing a blind unfill, and there is no way of telling how swollen you are. I was too tight for a couple of days, and I went in to OCC hoping for a slight fill but needed to get a complete unfil. Surprisingly I didn't gain weight during that time. Good luck!

I gotten the same thing twice before. A slight unfill was enough to make everything all better, and was able to tell the difference immediately upon drinking water. Many fill places have some sort of policy where you can come back and get more taken out for free within a week or two.

On a side note, the first time I was refluxing at night happened when I was programming a Tetris game for school. I refluxed, woke up choking, then went right back to sleep and proceeded to dream I was playing Tetris with my stomach juice to make it all fit together down there without coming back up. Sadly, it didn't work :(

I gotten the same thing twice before. A slight unfill was enough to make everything all better, and was able to tell the difference immediately upon drinking water. Many fill places have some sort of policy where you can come back and get more taken out for free within a week or two.

On a side note, the first time I was refluxing at night happened when I was programming a Tetris game for school. I refluxed, woke up choking, then went right back to sleep and proceeded to dream I was playing Tetris with my stomach juice to make it all fit together down there without coming back up. Sadly, it didn't work :(

I'm paying $150 for the unfill today - and any adjustments made within 2 weeks are only $50 ... which is why I was thinking of doing the complete unfill since it will only cost me an extra $50 to get it refilled in two weeks.

GAH!!! Decisions, decisions. *sigh*

Ok, I just got back from my appointment, and he took .3 cc out, so right now I guess I'm at 2.7 cc. I'm trying to eat some chicken right now - we'll see how it goes. I just want to be able to start eating healthier foods. I haven't been able to eat vegetables in MONTHS... and very little meat (mainly just the fish from Jack in the Box would go down).

Cross your fingers for me.

Thanks!!!

Sorry i'm too late to give advice, but definitely keep us in the loop on how it goes! Glad you went in!