HELP what should I do!!!

Hi,

I went back to OCC to get my first fill. Was not to eat for 3 days, liquids only. I was starving so I ate anyway and couldn't keep it down. Now I can't keep simple liquids down and I am miserable and trying liquids only. Should I call or find a local fill center to get unfill?

Leslie

Hi,

I went back to OCC to get my first fill. Was not to eat for 3 days, liquids only. I was starving so I ate anyway and couldn't keep it down. Now I can't keep simple liquids down and I am miserable and trying liquids only. Should I call or find a local fill center to get unfill?

Leslie

HOW LONG AGO WAS YOUR FILL? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON LIQUIDS?

IF YOU CAN'T KEEP LIQUIDS DOWN, YOU NEED TO GET IN

http://www.northwestfills.com/education.php

I did that with my first fill! I ate a chicken wing and it got stuck and I couldn't even SWALLOW! I was miserable until it came unstuck about 24 hours later. I would wait it out a little bit and see if it comes up or passes through. You can take some papaya enzymes to help. When my chicken wing went through, I was sipping on gatorade - I just kept taking the tiniest drinks and waiting a minute and taking another one.

I know of someone else who ate after a fill and got something stuck so she went in for an unfill and then regretted it since the swelling went down and then she had NO restriction but was out the $$.

Once it passes through (or comes up), make sure you stay on liquids until your swelling goes down.

Hi,

Leslie

Go back on liquids. I guess the reason you're on liquids after your first fill is because you may have swelling--which I guess you did. Finish out the liquids and if you can't drink anything at all, then you need to go back for an unfill--Give it a day or so, maybe the swelling will go down, but stay on the liquids for 72 hours.

I had a bad PB about 2 months ago and didn't go on liquids after it and kept eating and I am just lucky that the doc caught it--had to have a partial unfill, go on liquids for 10 days and now I have no restriction so, do the liquids and when you do eat again CHEW like you've never chewed before!!

Hi,

Leslie

HI LESLIE

I HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM HAVING MY FIRST FILL,1.2CC, HOW MUCH DID YOU HAVE? I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY 24 HOUR LIQUIDS.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

TRACEY

I had my fill on Monday. It was 1.6 by Dr. Martinaz. I am on straight liquids and today I feel soooo much better. I will stay on liquids until at least Friday. Tracy, how is your new fill? I am understanding what they mean about restriction now. I have never seen my husband so excited about me not being able to eat.

Leslie :rolleyes:

I had my fill on Monday. It was 1.6 by Dr. Martinaz. I am on straight liquids and today I feel soooo much better. I will stay on liquids until at least Friday. Tracy, how is your new fill? I am understanding what they mean about restriction now. I have never seen my husband so excited about me not being able to eat.

Leslie :rolleyes:

THATS NOT NICE. LOL I DO NOT FEEL ANY RESTRICTION AT THE MOMENT, BUT WHEN IT IS DONE BLIND I GUESS THEY HAVE TO GO SLOWER.

HI LESLIE

I HAVE JUST COME BACK FROM HAVING MY FIRST FILL,1.2CC, HOW MUCH DID YOU HAVE? I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY 24 HOUR LIQUIDS.

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

TRACEY

For me at the OCC this is what I had:

1st fill= 72 hours liquids

2nd fill= 24 hours liquids/or sometimes no liquids (I didn't have to do liquids after 2nd)

3rd fill=24 hours liquids