80 Lbs. Down

When I stepped on the scale on Monday morning I discovered that I have lost 80 pounds. I didn't want to post about it too early because I didn't want to jinx myself. But, now that 5 days have passed and I have maintained it I decided to go ahead and post. In fact, as of this morning I was down 80.5 pounds.

I need to update my ticker. At the present time my ticker says that I have 10 pounds to go based on my last update, but it will soon say I have 12 pounds to go. I originally thought that if I got to 160 I would be done, but now I am going to shoot for 150. It is really hard to set a goal weight the last time you were at this weight was 4th or 5th grade. The charts say that my weight should be 142, but I don't see that happening until I get an inner thigh lift in a couple of years. I figure if I can get to 150 then my plastic surgeon can get me to 142.

People tell me that I don't look like I need an inner thigh lift which is true as long as I am standing with my legs together and my thighs are covered, but once I uncover them or sit down, they change their minds and see it my way. I kid you not when I say that I still have all my baby fat on my thighs. I have a ledge of fat which is the point where they start getting larger and flabby. I have a couple of baby pictures where I am sitting up with my legs turned out to the side and you can see that same ledge of fat. Luckily the TT did help pull them up a little bit to sustain me for a while, but it still was not enough.

The best advice I can give to anyone is to stay the course, do not allow yourself to get discouraged because you will eventually reach your goals. Be patient and enjoy the metamorphosis into the new you.

I'm so jealous that you've been able to get plastic surgery. I know it would make a huge difference for me, but hubby thinks it is totally vain (I'm trying to convince him there is some legitimate medical reason I need a breast lift and tummy tuck!) so unless I go back to work full time (which I'm considering) it's not going to happen:(

On that note, you single girls need to make sure you have some of your own "fun money" saved when you get married!!! We budget for each of us to have x-amount of spending money every week but it's not the kind of cash yuo'd need for something big like plastic surgery or a trip to Europe etc etc. Just set a little asside just for you. You deserve it!

Sabrina:)

Congratulations on your success!!!

Congrats! I am so happy for you! 150 is a good weight. My ticker is set to 165 which I haven't weighed since about 5th grade, so we'll see...Out of curiosity, how much did you lose with the tummy tuck? I know I'll need probably a thight lift as well as an arm lift and a boob lift. Since I didn't carry the bulk of my weight in my stomach and I've had no kids, I'll probably just need some lipo there.

Once again, Congratulations! 80lbs is an Olsen twin! :)

A great post - and I surely needed to read this today.

There are surgeons close to here that do a two-for-one on plastic surgery. A friend of mine had gastric bypass and she and I have decided to do this together.

Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm so jealous that you've been able to get plastic surgery. I know it would make a huge difference for me, but hubby thinks it is totally vain (I'm trying to convince him there is some legitimate medical reason I need a breast lift and tummy tuck!) so unless I go back to work full time (which I'm considering) it's not going to happen:(

On that note, you single girls need to make sure you have some of your own "fun money" saved when you get married!!! We budget for each of us to have x-amount of spending money every week but it's not the kind of cash yuo'd need for something big like plastic surgery or a trip to Europe etc etc. Just set a little asside just for you. You deserve it!

Sabrina:)

I felt I was being kind of vain, but a fellow bandster assured me that I wasn't and told me to go for it. I will feel much better about having had it once my home refinance goes thru. It was supposed to be completed the same day as my surgery, but Wells Fargo screwed up my loan so here I am two and a half months later still waiting. Supposedly it will be finished Monday or Tuesday, but I'm not holding my breath and told my loan officer and his supervisor as much. Maybe you should go online and show him some before and after pictures - that might peak his interest. Although, take comfort in having a husband who loves you just the way you are. I have a friend whose boyfriend told her she needed to lose some weight - that was a huge red flag for me as she is a size 10 or 12 and 5' 10", but she didn't see it that way and is currently in the process of losing weight.

Good advice on the fun money, but at 36 I feel like I have had my fun. Lap band, TT, Arm Lift, 3.5 week vacation in Australia, a week in Honduras and much more. I would just be happy to get married at some point in my life. I do have a guy all picked out :wub: but he doesn't necessarily agree based on the conversation we had the last time I saw him which was 4 years ago. I will be seeing him again in October when I go back to Fort Worth for a visit. He knows I have had the lap band and knows I was researching the TT and Arm Lift, but doesn't know I have had it. I told him the other night on the phone that he probably wouldn't recognize me if I passed him in the grocery store, he said the same thing, but his is because he has gained weight. I didn't have the surgeries for this reason, but I won't be disappointed if my new appearance helps to change his mind. I have made sure to not send him pictures for this reason, as I want him to see the change in person for the first time. My dad told me I shouldn't have even told him about the lap band, but our conversation kind of went in that direction and if it makes him think of me more often by trying to picture the changes in me, I'm good with that.

Out of curiosity, how much did you lose with the tummy tuck?

Once again, Congratulations! 80lbs is an Olsen twin! :)

My plastic surgeon said he took of about 8.5 pounds between the arm lift and the TT. I was kind of surprised that it wasn't more, but then again I have never weighed a chunk of fat and skin. I will probably combine a breast reduction (lift is a by product of this from what I understand) with my thigh lift, especially if my PCP can get my insurance to cover the breast reduction like he says he can. I used to say I didn't care about the breast, but I have kind of changed my mind after seeing the positive results from the other surgeries.

Never thought about it being an Olsen twin. I typically relate it to having lost my two nephews, who are going to spend the first week of August with me - Yippee!!!

There are surgeons close to here that do a two-for-one on plastic surgery.

How sweet is that!!! What part of Texas? Maybe something will work out with Mr. FW and I will move back to TX in the next couple of year.

Congrats on the 80 lbs! You will have to post update pics of your scars - particularly on your arms. I am really interested in seeing how you heal.

I will be getting PS on my arms when I can afford it and I don't feel guilty about it at all! I'm working this hard to lose weight and get healthy you betcha I want my body to look as hot as possible! I say you go for it and screw them all! My arms already look bad and i've got about 20 more lbs so lose so I can only imagine the bat wings i'm gonna have come that time. Depending on what happens with my job i'm hoping to do it this winter.