Lapbanders in Southern,Ca

I've organized one in San Diego, lil too far for ya tho :(

but if anyone is interested theres a thread on LBT in the so-cal area

We had our first meeting last wednesday :D

I might be interested in joining the SD group. Where do you all meet?

AshleyMarie,

I found them on LBT. Look under the support group section, then California. They are meeting on Wednesday mornings at 10:00 am at the library in Mission Valley by the IKEA. I cannot attend on Wednesday (not right now anyway) mornings. Maybe in the fall when my kids are back in school if they are still meeting. I will have to check back in September.

Dawn

Hello, I'm scheduled to get surgery on August 7th and I was wondering if the was a support group or interest in forming one for OCC patients. I live on the border of LA and Orange county.

Hi! I live in Cerritos (also O.C. & L.A. border) and I was banded on June 12th. Where are you?! Damn, its such a small world that I probably know you already!

Hi! I live in Cerritos (also O.C. & L.A. border) and I was banded on June 12th. Where are you?! Damn, its such a small world that I probably know you already!

Hi there, well I live in Norwalk right by Cerritos College and actually work in Cerritos. Small world huh??? I had actually followed your post mostly cause of your "about me" post you wrote. I related so much to what you wrote and it hit home with me in many ways. My insurance denied my band here. My BMI was on the lower side (34) and I didn't have any "complications" due to my weight. That's how I ended up @ OCC paying it on my own.

Hi there, well I live in Norwalk right by Cerritos College and actually work in Cerritos. Small world huh??? I had actually followed your post mostly cause of your "about me" post you wrote. I related so much to what you wrote and it hit home with me in many ways. My insurance denied my band here. My BMI was on the lower side (34) and I didn't have any "complications" due to my weight. That's how I ended up @ OCC paying it on my own.

hi Lea and BMEagain!

I work in Bellflower (live in San Bernardino County) and I was also self-pay my BMI was between 33 and 34. I am very happy with the lapband eventhough I haven't lost that much (only 28 punds in 7 months). I would love to be in a support group as well! So count me in!

XOX

Carla

hi Lea and BMEagain!

I work in Bellflower (live in San Bernardino County) and I was also self-pay my BMI was between 33 and 34. I am very happy with the lapband eventhough I haven't lost that much (only 28 punds in 7 months). I would love to be in a support group as well! So count me in!

XOX

Carla

Hi CARLA and BMEagain!

How do we do this! Getting to know each other, or getting together? Personal emails? How fun to know that we can chitty chat!

Hi CARLA and BMEagain!

How do we do this! Getting to know each other, or getting together? Personal emails? How fun to know that we can chitty chat!

Carla and Lea32,

I have sent you private messages with my personal email. Hopefully we can coordinate something soon! I'm so excited :cheerleader:

Let me know if you don't recieve the message.

hi Lea and BMEagain!

XOX

Carla

hey carla! i sent you a personal message as well so check your in box!

Hello, I'm scheduled to get surgery on August 7th and I was wondering if the was a support group or interest in forming one for OCC patients. I live on the border of LA and Orange county.

HI THERE - IM SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 19TH. I WORK IN SANTA ANA. I WISH YOU LUCK.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and actually just scheduled my surgery for September 9th. I live in Anaheim and would love the opportunity to chat with people in my area who are in the same situation as i am. I look forward to chatting with all of you and making some new friends on here.. =)

Alley

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum and actually just scheduled my surgery for September 9th. I live in Anaheim and would love the opportunity to chat with people in my area who are in the same situation as i am. I look forward to chatting with all of you and making some new friends on here.. =)

Alley

Welcome aboard, Alley :-h

I live in So Cal and was banded last month. You will find this forum very helpful in your journey with the band. Everyone here is supportive and we all want to help in any way we can!

Red

Welcome aboard, Alley :-h

I live in So Cal and was banded last month. You will find this forum very helpful in your journey with the band. Everyone here is supportive and we all want to help in any way we can!

Red

Thanks Red.. I look forward to hopefully making some new friends and definately appreciate the kind words and show of support. =)

Hi Folks - I was banded 8/14, last Friday, and live in West LA. I'd love to meet fellow SoCal banders once a month for morale support and friendship!

Reg

Hey So Cal newbies....

Why don't we all plan a "get together" once a month somewhere in the area and get to know and support each other! I don't mind a little drive, so let's figure out where most of the So Cal banders live and get together. I cannot do Sundays, but Saturdays are fine. What do you all think?

Red

I completely agree..

Do the So Cal bandsters want to arrange for a get-together on Saturday, Sept. 26th? We can figure out where after we know how many people we have!

Red